Author Topic: Early February 2013  (Read 13107 times)

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
Re: Early February 2013
« Reply #15 on: 10 02, 2013, 08:36:27 pm »
Rick, I'm working in a nice script., PM me to know what script I'm doing, is almost finished.

You misunderstood this post. It was for informing the community that current staffs are getting trained, not to ask for candidates. Also let me quote Arran "Can we have some English PLEASE?". To join the developers you should probably improve your English first. Also, nobody joins the tesm by submiting a script first, you need to be trusted enough, you need to become trial staff and then get a developer trial, and you are not near any of those, so please, don't just ask to join here, and prove to be useful instead. (Requesting to join here doesn't help at all) Also, didn't you scripted for some spanish server that I don't want to mention?
Innovation fuels success

Nevre

« Reply #16 on: 10 02, 2013, 08:44:55 pm »
Great arran I'll do my best to know How to script and I can get in the Dev Staffs,Good luck with teaching the other staffs Team

psyKapa

« Reply #17 on: 10 02, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »
This is actually a great idea, this will for use make use of the "loyal" and "trusted" staffs so they can contribute in more ways towards making the CIT a better place. Simple word that I have for this, awesome.

Darkness.exe

« Reply #18 on: 10 02, 2013, 08:47:20 pm »
Good decision. Good luck in that. I'm sure there'll be large contributions.

PS: Who knows, maybe one day we'll see Secret Major Update #2.  ;)

Anon.exe

« Reply #19 on: 10 02, 2013, 09:44:58 pm »
Why smart left is now irrelephant. Let the man be.

psyKapa

« Reply #20 on: 10 02, 2013, 09:47:41 pm »
Why smart left is now irrelephant. Let the man be.

I agree with you, he surely had his reason whatever they was. His life, his decision.

Offline Rusty

• Honorable
  • Forever a CITizen
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Rusty
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #21 on: 10 02, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »
Hopefully, I can get my stuff straightened out pretty soon and get back to work, and maybe even learn to script as well. I enjoy contributing to the Community in any way I can, and knowing how to script would definitely be a great asset to use in my contributions. Good luck to all the upstart scripters!
Need help with something CIT-related? Answers to many questions can be found in the Tutorials & Guides section. If you can't find what you're looking for there, ask about your issue in the General Support / Questions section and someone will be happy to help you.

Offline Nico..

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Nico
« Reply #22 on: 10 02, 2013, 10:52:40 pm »
Will you teach them only if they request it?  ::)

mega

« Reply #23 on: 11 02, 2013, 02:52:51 am »
Collecting loyal people is not just hard for Staff, snaky people are everywhere (I don't mean anyone). it's good to hear such good news about those new Trials who're getting interested in developing. As a matter of fact, you learn them then developing will be stepping up day by day.

When they get to a stage where they can start their development trial they'll show up on the roster as most will probably lose interest and not finish.
Negative, as I know one of them. being a developer has never been uninteresting, specially when you get started with scripting. A programmer never loses interest, at all.  :)
« Last Edit: 11 02, 2013, 04:25:36 am by Wize. »

Offline ElTongaZ

• Senior Community Member
  • Fly on... Little wing
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: ElTongaZ
  • Squad: Anti Riot
« Reply #24 on: 11 02, 2013, 03:48:36 am »
I'm trying to understand the lua language and I must say it's pretty hard for me.
By the way, resigned staffs can't continue helping if they wish? Like JTPenn?
Money is an abstract form of human happiness, so who is no longer able to appreciate the true human happiness, is completely dedicated to it

Spanish Board Moderator | BNA Special Agent in Charge SCU Commander | AR Lieutenant Colonel

serg06

« Reply #25 on: 11 02, 2013, 03:54:57 am »
This is slightly off-topic, but if you don't find enough scripters, I'm willing to help.
->I haven't seen any threads requesting scripters yet; I might be doing this at the wrong place.<-

Either way, I'm pretty good with Java/Python/C++, and I'm in the process of learning Delphi.

I've coded for Minecraft before, and I've made some small games / Android apps. I'm great at understanding how these things work.

If you need another scripter, feel free to hit me up.

progamer941

« Reply #26 on: 11 02, 2013, 08:23:49 am »
first of you cannot find a loyal admin because it is not easy and you your self are gonaa quit someday well I hope that day is far away from now and can you make a new topic why the server is having downsides because I am interested find out

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #27 on: 11 02, 2013, 10:50:18 am »
This is slightly off-topic, but if you don't find enough scripters, I'm willing to help.
->I haven't seen any threads requesting scripters yet; I might be doing this at the wrong place.<-

Either way, I'm pretty good with Java/Python/C++, and I'm in the process of learning Delphi.

I've coded for Minecraft before, and I've made some small games / Android apps. I'm great at understanding how these things work.

If you need another scripter, feel free to hit me up.

If you actually know C++ then you can contribute to MTA SA source.

http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-blue/source/list
http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Main_Page

Will you teach them only if they request it?  ::)

When have I ever tried to make somebody do something that they didn't want to?

For all of you who don't understand the first post:

It is about CURRENT STAFF being helped to become developers, because I'm only willing to risk my time helping them because they have proven to be loyal to CIT, loyalty which includes less probability of them resigning, disappearing, or going completely inactive.

If you're not staff and you actually want to contribute scripts you can do that without being a developer and in the unlikely event that any of you actually go through with it and regularly contribute, more access can be considered.
« Last Edit: 11 02, 2013, 10:57:37 am by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline DmitriMonSta

• Regular Community Member
  • At Once...
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: DmitriMonSta
  • Squad: Homies4Life
« Reply #28 on: 11 02, 2013, 03:07:12 pm »
I hope CIT get better than it was... and yes, we want a new scripters.
good luck anyway...

- About Me, My Patreon and My Mod Collection.

zola

« Reply #29 on: 11 02, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »
It was really unfortunate the way that these two individuals have abandoned their positions.
In my view the right would open a group "Scripters beginners" or something like that, the group leader should certainly be an experienced scripter, who will then train the amateurs scripters.
This group could be similar to QA, could be opened that would basically testing applications, these applications would be chosen only reliable players who understand something about the script.
So after graduating this group would study together, and the teacher who would be the leader of the group would only instruct amateurs scripters.
This can be tricky, but it can help a lot in the future

Regards