Author Topic: [TUT] How to record my games  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Diamond

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[TUT] How to record my games
« on: 26 08, 2020, 01:58:59 pm »

Hello everyone!

Since this board is about the entertaining part of the server, media, images, videos, comics, memes, and anything relevant to the community. I've decided to open a simple guide where you be able to record your gaming experience meanwhile you're on the server. Get ready to blow our minds with whatever you're going to record!

There are plenty of programs to record, such as Fraps, OBS Studio, etc. The disadvantage of Fraps is that it affects your frame rate while running the game which slowly causes a disturbing start of the program while recording. I personally prefer GeForce Experience to highly recommend and guide it to you here of how it gets the proper setup to record your own videos. You must have Nvidia graphic card in order to use GeForce Experience. Firstly, you surely need a youtube channel to upload your videos and post them on this board, therefore, make sure you create one.

GeForce Experience is the companion application to your GeForce GTX graphics card. It keeps your drivers up to date, automatically optimizes your game settings, and gives you the easiest way to share your greatest gaming moments with friends. The quality of the recording and else is unreal and incredible to actually tell that Nvidia owns one of the best-recording programs for the gaming community to the point where other programs like Gaming Evolved (which works by AMD graphic card) had truly failed to compete GeForce experience with latest updates to the point they canceled their production. Leaving GeForce experience on top of all.

You are able to download GeForce Experience from their official site: https://www.nvidia.com/en-me/geforce/geforce-experience/

A couple of benefits from this program:

- You can record the last 5 minutes of the game while having the program turned on always by pressing Alt+F10 for Instant Replay. Normally the record option is Alt+F9. You can change the shortcut settings as well.
- Doesn't noticeably effect your frame rate while having it turned on while playing
- You be able to take screenshots, regular record, set video's effects, and change the performance of each game to either have it on high-quality HD or low performance for a suitable FPS depending on your PC.
Show content

- You can directly upload your videos after recording by linking up your accounts.
- The ability to optimize all the games into one panel.
Show content

- And a bunch of more impressive tools!

Press Alt+Z to view these options. Make sure you've Instant Replay turned on to record the last 5 minutes of your gameplay. Moreover, you can have the microphone or the camera turned on/off and feel free to explore the options by clicking settings and it'll become easier for you to understand and change whatever you need to suit you well. You can also make your own videos set up to either has a high quality recorded or low performance. This is how I record my games.

Note: Make sure you update the latest Driver from GeForce Experience because Nvidia releases a new version when a new game is published.
Show content

There is another way without using any program. Press the Windows button + G and choose the record last 10 minutes option (You can edit the duration from the settings). This is a simple way to clip.

Now after you have finally had these setups of recording program(s), you surely need a program to edit your videos before publishing them to your channel. Although, there are plenty of programs for editing videos as well. I'm not experienced much in editing neither I expect you to be so, but as a beginner, you'd perhaps start off with regular programs that contain all the basics like me. Therefore, I do recommend you for Microsoft Photos and you can download that from Microsoft Store. As long as you've windows 10 then you're fine.

You can download the Video Editor (Microsoft Photos) program from here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRFJBH4

Program's benefits:

- You can add songs/music backgrounds.
- Manage the speed, effects, and more cool options
- Adding filters, trimming the clips, cutting, splitting, and motions
- Mixing clips
- You can work on all the video projects through the same program
- You may also need to convert youtube videos by searching for sound effects into mp3 files to be downloaded and used in the program.
- Everything else could be discovered easily while exploring the program to understand the major basics of each tool.

This how it displays to you:
Show content

Now you're finally done recording your gaming experiences so professionally without struggling with not understanding how. Yes, it might take some time to have these tools in your hand and learn them, but it definitely a worthwhile and fun thing to learn about especially the moments where you want to share your moments with your closest friends and have fun. If you've any questions or concerns regarding the guide, feel free to post below and I'm happier to help you through this progress. I hope you found that useful. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 23 10, 2022, 01:04:03 pm by iFrank »
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Aerith

• The Sharpest
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS /SWAT Team
Re: [Guide] How to record my games?
« Reply #1 on: 26 08, 2020, 02:09:55 pm »
Hey @Diamond, I'd like to thank you for that guide, but you should post it general guides board. I hope you keep doing tutorials like that.
Le pouvoir ça se prend, ça ne se donne pas.

Offline Diamond

« Reply #2 on: 26 08, 2020, 02:13:34 pm »
Hey @Diamond, I'd like to thank you for that guide, but you should post it general guides board. I hope you keep doing tutorials like that.

Hey man, I already said so

Since this board is about the entertaining part of the server, media, images, videos, comics, memes, and anything relevant to the community. I've decided to open a simple guide where you be able to record your gaming experience meanwhile you're in the server.

So whoever browsing this board will actually pick the right guide that suits the board's purposes. Moving it to that board is hardly to be noticed and could possibly lose it's purpose. So I want to encourage others to post stuff here and learn how exactly. I believe it's in the right board and if not so then fine, will leave that to @Louai to decide.

Thank you.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 08, 2020, 02:15:21 pm »
Quality guide, you can post this in reddit too it doesn't really only apply on MTA

Offline Vibe.

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver/xCode
  • Ingame: Vibe
  • Squad: ACERules
« Reply #4 on: 26 08, 2020, 02:17:43 pm »
You must have Nvidia graphic card in order to use GeForce Experience
AFAIK, Your Nvidia graphic card must be from GTX series.
There is another way without using any program. Press the Windows button + G and choose the record last 10 minutes option (You can edit the duration from the settings). This is a simple way to clip.

Offline Diamond

« Reply #5 on: 26 08, 2020, 02:24:43 pm »
Quality guide, you can post this in reddit too it doesn't really only apply on MTA

Thanks. Obviously yep.

Correct. Added your tip into the guide.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Diamond

« Reply #6 on: 26 08, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »
@MaZika. I've spoke with Louai regarding this matter. You may move the topic to General Guides board if possible. Thank you.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline STAR

• xCode Lieutenant
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 26 08, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »
GTX 650 cards or newer alongside with RTX series

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 27 08, 2020, 07:36:44 am »
Something else as well, if you were having any sort of new AMD graphics card you can use ReLive feature, it's similar to this one. If you got RX 570, 580 or 590 you can run ReLive and record, even stream.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Vilgefortz

YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [NKC]Vilgefortz
« Reply #9 on: 01 09, 2020, 03:37:47 am »
Nice tuto man, gets straight to the point what-with and how if you own nVidia's graphic card.

Let me drop some hints from my own experience with diversity of recording software:
- Using a recording software delivered by GPU manufacturer (this being said - Geforce Experience for nVidia cards and Gaming Evolved and it's Relive for AMD cards) will result in decent quality recordings not occupied by lagspikes and fps drops, also, these recording programmes are fairly easy to use with only a bunch of settings to configure.
- That being said...If you're aiming for the best quality recordings (high-quality montages for example), I'd rather consider using OBS due to the advanced configuration it provides. Myself I been using ReLive for years (Radeon R9 380 here), still the difference between the best quality recordings of it compared to OBS' is quite noticable.
- As Diamond mentioned, not all Gefs will provide you recording possibility. If you own outdated computer setup and struggling with fps drops while recording, you might want to try dxtory with Lagarith Lossless Codec. You might get a worse quality but I remember myself recording in 720p on a notebook with 2-core Pentium CPU and Intel's HD graphic card onboard. If someone here needs an exact how-to setup such thing, I can upload a video with me explaining it here or wherever u want.

About the editing software, if you don't want to spread piracy and have something that's for free, you can use DaVinci Resolve. Over years it has grown to be comparable with Sony Vegas, for example, still being free and easy to use.

Offline Amjaad

• New Community Member
  • I got metaphysical retardation.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Amjaad*X-SWAT
« Reply #10 on: 24 09, 2020, 10:29:22 am »
Its actually very good tutorial for Nvidia users, but if you could explain more for other GPUs or other softwares like OBS or Bandicam would be good <3
- Amjaad added as Probationary. (27/07/2020 - Ghosts, iCrazyCat, ManosGR, Mr.Coleman, Striker, Zombiie, Shane, Riquel, Frozen)

Offline Ivy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 23 11, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
Its actually very good tutorial for Nvidia users, but if you could explain more for other GPUs or other softwares like OBS or Bandicam would be good <3
Players with AMD Radeon GPUs can use the "Radeon Software" to record the screen. You can record on either 30 or 60 FPS on op to 2160p, or you could adjust it to your game's resolution and settings.

Offline GaMeFeR

• Pirus Co-Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Long live to Pirus.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: [CIT]GaMeFeR
« Reply #12 on: 10 01, 2021, 04:22:39 am »
I can record everything with GeForce program? @Diamond I didnt knew this.

SCM | Ex L2 Staff
Ex Guider & Applications Handler
| Ex Head DJ | Ex ICM
November 3rd 2020: @GaMeFeR Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + FMMs

Offline Diamond

« Reply #13 on: 11 01, 2021, 08:20:03 am »
I can record everything with GeForce program? @Diamond I didnt knew this.

Yes
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162