Author Topic: Is College is a key factor to your success?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline BlackBear

• Regular Community Member
  • the rain goes RI-RA-RI-RA
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: BlackBear
  • Squad: Falken
Re: Is College is a key factor to your success?
« Reply #15 on: 29 05, 2021, 12:06:52 am »
If your meaning of success is gaining money every year so anyone can do this with simple things, keeping you in green. if this guy "skilled" then he can use these "simple things" to be a millionaire a lot of examples can be applied to this.

colleges can be a helpful key to success but this still depends on how skilled you're in money-making. skills are always defined by how much knowledge, how you use that knowledge, and the imagination to make new "knowledge" aka new ideas.
this for sure doesn't apply to all jobs and fields. for example, if you want to engineer, the best way is to enter college. the other way is learning by yourself which is kinda useless, wasting time for a big field like that.
MyAnimeList
You cannot think decide alone.
Learning: Arabic, English, Japanese, French and Spanish.
"This community feels already entitled to spam their opinion on everything" said Brain.

Offline Danube501

• Guard_Ghosts Leader
  • Donator L1
  • Swervin heavy in my chevy
    Years
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: [GG]Danube501
« Reply #16 on: 04 06, 2021, 01:26:26 am »
Yes even for the dropouts they had the experience of attending classes and participate in education the experience of studying under an official recognition of studying that will help them guide their life and in their major or chosen college, Nevertheless any human needs to be educated on any skills or information that is discovered or will help society because I believe humans are useless living beings without an education or have learned such skills from a master. so when they have to reach college or university in their lifetime it's a chance and you need to meet and qualify it yourself weather you are up for it or not some are capable and reach it and some are not. in the end college is important if you are a student of education or skills.
[GG]WooDy (3boode) has promoted group: Guard_Ghosts to level: 6

Offline Suro

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: 07 06, 2021, 08:02:19 am »
I can't talk about your country because I'm not familiar with its educational system. But most people in the world DO NOT live in your country. Instead, they live in "third-world countries", which you make fun of, and these  countries DO NOT have the support systems that you talk about. So even if everything you said was true, which is yet to be verified, it would only apply to your place of residence.

However, I can say a thing or two about the educational systems in the US and Great Britain. These are developed countries, aren't they?

People get student loans to finish their degrees there. But what if they struggle with the problems I spoke about in my previous post?

Would you advise them to go into debt? Surely if they fail to finish their degree, you aren't going to be helping them with paying back those loans.

We have to be realistic. Gambling with someone's life just because you think that "everyone should go to college" is naive and lacks moral sense. You aren't going to pay back anyone's loans if they fail to finish their degree

And when someone has dyslexia or dyscalculia or whatever, it's likely they will drop out without a degree. It's expensive to educate them, because they need more time than others.

No, I'm not saying they should get a "dead-end" job. You're just showing your underlying assumptions by claiming that everyone gets a "dead-end job" if they don't have a college degree. Other people in this thread have already demonstrated that your assumption is wrong, so I don't have to do that myself.

People who get student loans should rely on using their education they received by going in debt to get a job and pay the debt back. If the person is dedicated enough to finish strong and get their degree they should 100% go to college. Its only in cases where a person goes to college in hopes of getting lucky and not being able to pay off the debts is because of their lack of attention and work effort towards learning. Anyone who puts their 110% into studying and getting their degree eventually pays off their debt with the education they have received. Sometimes, people also get scholarship due to their academic excellence or even a full scholarship to a college with their athletic skills. All this depends on the person, obviously if a person who chooses to go to college, get into debt, party all the time live his life without thinking ahead of time they are not going to be able to pay their debt. But if another person for example, gives up their social life to study and put  in a lot more effort than the student who wants to party all the time, they will be able to live their life to the fullest in about 10-12 years without being financially unstable or be in debt.

Offline XaQy

• New Community Member
  • WolvesGeniuses Founder
    YearsYears
  • Group: WolvesGeniuses
  • Squad: BrazilliLaGGers
« Reply #18 on: 07 06, 2021, 09:42:00 pm »
definitely not, school teach is broke, they doesn't teach about economy, about conversation and much more, school is a part of the system, this is tough to hear
Pick up Artist Master.
My master: Erik von Markovik

Offline Suro

« Reply #19 on: 08 06, 2021, 09:30:55 pm »
definitely not, school teach is broke, they doesn't teach about economy, about conversation and much more, school is a part of the system, this is tough to hear

They literally teach Business and Economy in High school where I live, as well as offer elective classes to whatever you would like to do in your future whether its art/music/band/sports/business. Things you see on social media where people complain about kids not learning how to pay taxes and all that is false.

Offline domi

• New Community Member
  • Chilling somewhere in Europe
« Reply #20 on: 09 06, 2021, 07:45:09 pm »
People who get student loans should rely on using their education they received by going in debt to get a job and pay the debt back. If the person is dedicated enough to finish strong and get their degree they should 100% go to college. Its only in cases where a person goes to college in hopes of getting lucky and not being able to pay off the debts is because of their lack of attention and work effort towards learning. Anyone who puts their 110% into studying and getting their degree eventually pays off their debt with the education they have received. Sometimes, people also get scholarship due to their academic excellence or even a full scholarship to a college with their athletic skills. All this depends on the person, obviously if a person who chooses to go to college, get into debt, party all the time live his life without thinking ahead of time they are not going to be able to pay their debt. But if another person for example, gives up their social life to study and put  in a lot more effort than the student who wants to party all the time, they will be able to live their life to the fullest in about 10-12 years without being financially unstable or be in debt.

Hi,

Some people should save their money and mental health doing something else. For example, going into college debt  doesn't make sense for a person who had difficulty finishing high school. It would be irresponsible and risky to advise them to just borrow $100.000 or more. As I previously mentioned...
if you have concentration problems, or if you have serious memory problems, or if you have serious reading problems, going to college is not a good option, unless someone can bankroll your expensive college adventures because you need more time than others to complete school-related work.

In other words, we are not all born equal. We have different talents. Some people are good at listening to authority and staying focused on reading college-related work. These guys SHOULD go to college if they have the financial means to do so. But others have different talents and they need to find a different path in life, which can sometimes be more lucrative than the college path.
Peace

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #21 on: 10 06, 2021, 08:12:51 pm »
Some people should save their money and mental health doing something else. For example, going into college debt  doesn't make sense for a person who had difficulty finishing high school. It would be irresponsible and risky to advise them to just borrow $100.000 or more. As I previously mentioned...

Idk what kind of college you go to but I am not spending anything near those numbers, we have no debt so far, thanks to God. Perhaps the fault is within the system of your country.

Offline domi

• New Community Member
« Reply #22 on: 11 06, 2021, 10:36:14 am »
Idk what kind of college you go to but I am not spending anything near those numbers, we have no debt so far, thanks to God. Perhaps the fault is within the system of your country.

I was talking from Suro's perspective because he lives in the US.  In many cases, college doesn't make sense even for people in many developed countries. As for my own country, it has a different set of problems.

1. Unless you were an excellent student in high school, college  is expensive for average people here. It roughly costs 10 average monthly salaries, which is a lot of money for residents of a developing country, especially for single parents. And I'm not counting rent and higher living costs if the student needs to relocate to a college city. In that case, college can cost him or her $20.000, a true fortune considering the economy.

2. Salaries are usually  low after college.  My friend with a masters degree in architecture is making 380€ a month. Further, there's like 30% youth unemployment, so a college degree doesn't guarantee anything.

3. No support systems for people with learning difficulties. According to research, when you count in dyslexia, ADHD, etc, people with learning difficulties make up around  20% of total population in any country. If students with these issues drop out, which is a very likely possibility considering the lack of support systems, they will waste their parents money (students are usually financed by parents  here). And trust me, their parents are far from wealthy and this can often ruin their life.

Most students from developing countries have these kinds of problems, and developing countries  are in the majority.  Students with learning and financial difficulties often have other talents that they can use to their advantage. Telling them that college is the only way is wrong, damaging and can have potentially disastrous consequences.
« Last Edit: 11 06, 2021, 12:14:57 pm by domi »
Peace

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #23 on: 11 06, 2021, 01:01:43 pm »
I was talking from Suro's perspective because he lives in the US.  In many cases, college doesn't make sense even for people in many developed countries. As for my own country, it has a different set of problems.

1. Unless you were an excellent student in high school, college  is expensive for average people here. It roughly costs 10 average monthly salaries, which is a lot of money for residents of a developing country, especially for single parents. And I'm not counting rent and higher living costs if the student needs to relocate to a college city. In that case, college can cost him or her $20.000, a true fortune considering the economy.

2. Salaries are usually  low after college.  My friend with a masters degree in architecture is making 380€ a month. Further, there's like 30% youth unemployment, so a college degree doesn't guarantee anything.

3. No support systems for people with learning difficulties. According to research, when you count in dyslexia, ADHD, etc, people with learning difficulties make up around  20% of total population in any country. If students with these issues drop out, which is a very likely possibility considering the lack of support systems, they will waste their parents money (students are usually financed by parents  here). And trust me, their parents are far from wealthy and this can often ruin their life.

Most students from developing countries have these kinds of problems, and developing countries  are in the majority.  Students with learning and financial difficulties often have other talents that they can use to their advantage. Telling them that college is the only way is wrong, damaging and can have potentially disastrous consequences.

I don't doubt anything you said, however you keep saying my country and then you explain several issues about your country's system. Hence I'm trying to imply that you should not judge colleges in general solely based on one example of a failed college system as this is called information bias.

Offline domi

• New Community Member
« Reply #24 on: 11 06, 2021, 01:29:34 pm »
I also mentioned the example of US, so really this is not just about my country. Developing countries in general don't have support systems for the problems I talked about and salaries in developing countries are usually very low.  This is relevant because most CIT players are precisely from those places.
« Last Edit: 11 06, 2021, 01:36:13 pm by domi »
Peace

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #25 on: 11 06, 2021, 01:39:23 pm »
I also mentioned the example of US, so really this is not just about my country. Developing countries in general don't have support systems for the problems I talked about and salaries in developing countries are usually very low.  This is relevant because most CIT players are precisely from those places.

The US is known for very expensive colleges as well as for their expensive healthcare system, so you're basing your opinion off of the worst examples. That would be the same as me basing my opinion off of the best colleges in the world and then saying, of course you should go to college!

Offline domi

• New Community Member
« Reply #26 on: 11 06, 2021, 01:48:02 pm »
The US actually has the most prestigious universities in the world. Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Colombia are all located in the US. 

Only a small number of countries provide workable college systems  (e.g. Western Europe), but that's only because  their citizens are taxed to death compared to the US. How many 21st century innovations come from Western Europe?  So much for their educational success. Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Apple are all American companies, and some of their founders  only have a high school degree.

Yet Western Europe and their colleges can't compare to American innovation. This means their system is a failure.
Peace

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Unit 27 of SAPD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS Squad
« Reply #27 on: 11 06, 2021, 02:25:18 pm »
I don't see how the West-European education system is a failure. It's affordable and accessible to anyone who wants to study. And are those US colleges really that prestigious? Or is it just because they're so expensive, inaccessible to half of the population and have a bunch of adverts due to all those movies?

« Last Edit: 11 06, 2021, 02:39:06 pm by Ptole »
while ( !( succeed = try() ) );

Ptolemaeus
Learn how to code at w3schools.com

Offline BlackBear

• the rain goes RI-RA-RI-RA
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: BlackBear
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #28 on: 11 06, 2021, 02:30:39 pm »
Only a small number of countries provide workable college systems  (e.g. Western Europe), but that's only because  their citizens are taxed to death compared to the US. How many 21st century innovations come from Western Europe?  So much for their educational success. Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Apple are all American companies, and some of their founders  only have a high school degree.

Yet Western Europe and their colleges can't compare to American innovation. This means their system is a failure.
lol why u talk like colleges are useless. I mean who does work in these big companies?? high school students? lol. If there were no "Americans" made these companies, anyone else on this planet will make them. innovation is a good thing but with no required "materials" it would be useless.
MyAnimeList
You cannot think decide alone.
Learning: Arabic, English, Japanese, French and Spanish.
"This community feels already entitled to spam their opinion on everything" said Brain.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #29 on: 11 06, 2021, 02:32:01 pm »
The US actually has the most prestigious universities in the world. Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Colombia are all located in the US.

Completely irrelevant to anything I've said, because nowhere have I mentioned that the universities in the US are bad, I said it's a bad system if you have to be paying so much to the point of going $100k into debt (the number you used).

Cherry picking the luckiest people in the world and using it as an example? If you have 100 people who start a random business with a high school degree the same way the founders of those companies did, and on the other hand, you have 100 people who all went into universities and studied something from the STEM sector (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) I guarantee you, you are way more likely to be financially successful in life with those STEM degrees.

Here's some data, specifically US data since you brought up US companies as example.

According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 20% of U.S. small businesses fail within the first year. By the end of their fifth year, roughly 50% have faltered. After 10 years, only around a third of businesses have survived. Surprisingly, business failure rates are fairly consistent.

And this is only the rate of business that fail, we aren't even excluding businesses yet who are making less than people who work STEM jobs.

Disagree.