Author Topic: [Resolved] Lagger Solution  (Read 3431 times)

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Ellis 4L
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: StevieFTW[SAPD]
  • Squad: LLW
[Resolved] Lagger Solution
« on: 21 05, 2012, 01:20:39 pm »
This issue is similar of that other polls but with different solution, since the other doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Discussion goes for a few page and people starts to vote without seeing the ongoing discussion, thus I made this other poll to offer my solution and see what others think about it.

As I can see from the previous poll, everyone thinks the problem of having laggers is true and really destroy game play and the solution given by Gus is not the best option.

Here, as what I said in previous poll, I gave a simple possible fix, and as far as I know this doesn't require much time to script since a similar script is already made before.
So the solution is:
Disabling running weapon for people with higher ping than 400 (a number that is proposed in previous poll, this number is flexible)
Disabling speed since being a lagger actually gives an advantage of being speedy with lag warps created by a late location refreshing rate (AFAIK).

Notes: This idea is not a one-sided idea since it may concern both party (laggers and non-laggers). And me myself is considered a lagger with 200+ ping.
Also, I don't really have problems with killing laggers, but this also concern those who have problems with it.
Please try not to be biased by giving your opinions since it also concern yourself and your gaming experience.
Last request by me, please do not post useless shits as in +1 without other reason to be affirmative or -1 without another reason to be negative.
« Last Edit: 26 05, 2012, 01:01:12 pm by Arran »

Proud member of CIT since February 15th 2011
SAPD Founder

arunng21

Re: Lagger Solution
« Reply #1 on: 21 05, 2012, 01:37:19 pm »
I completely agree with you Stevie. I am supporting this idea because sometimes I also get high ping and I am not able to do even the civilian jobs like paramedic and firefighter jobs. So, if only running weapons are being disabled while getting higher ping that is 400(as in the above post made by Stevie) it will  help people to attend the bank robberies with the other weapons with which they can fight.
« Last Edit: 21 05, 2012, 01:40:08 pm by Ingi »

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: 21 05, 2012, 03:17:47 pm »
Voted yes for this, as it will help stop players from lag warping.

|MORAIS|

« Reply #3 on: 21 05, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »
I voted Yes, Because my ping is less than 350ms, and I think, should be add for 450ms more...

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Ellis 4L
« Reply #4 on: 21 05, 2012, 04:26:06 pm »
For the one that oppose this idea, just wanted to make it clear that by having this system, the current system that disable lagger to shoot with this proposed system, this feature give chance for laggers to defend themselves from deathmatcher (a chance, at least). If you have other ideas about the pro' and con's about this system, please do post them.

SAPD Founder

Offline Araa

• Honorable
  • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Outstanders
« Reply #5 on: 21 05, 2012, 06:13:06 pm »
Voted yes, it's fair. This will prevent laggers in BC, as most of them usually use running weapons, same as in DS and TR.
« Last Edit: 21 05, 2012, 06:15:14 pm by Araa »
Talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, fucking, crying, drinking. writing, winning, losing, cheating. kissing, thinking, dreaming.

This is the way, it's the way that we live

darkdragon08

« Reply #6 on: 21 05, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »
I suggest that if we are in DS, TR, or BR, we always be allowed to run all weaps even with higher ping than 400.

Victor

« Reply #7 on: 21 05, 2012, 10:07:00 pm »
I disagree with this, because not everyone haves a super fast internet connection neither a fast computer.
Or even worse, the location of the player and the distance between the server location, makes the connection a little laggy
I know, every known player hates lag, but it isnt a choice we have to enable it, it comes suddenly (Mainly when you are doing something very important) and we cant do something so hard, this will make people whine about it
You guys know what happened when the "You cant fight due to bad internet connection" thing started right? Approving this would make everything get back
Briefly, I say no to this

Offline Arran

• Administrator
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #8 on: 21 05, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »
Well we'd actually be able to let people fight again or raise that threshold and instead block them from using certain drugs and using running weapons so I think it would make things fairer.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

|MORAIS|

« Reply #9 on: 22 05, 2012, 02:51:06 am »
400ms + Can't take BC, because when I was Criminals, Pinoy every time get BC, and no one kill them ¬¬

Offline Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
  • Former Head State Official (2016-2020)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: [CIT]Denos|AC
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #10 on: 22 05, 2012, 08:44:00 am »
This issue is similar of that other polls but with different solution, since the other doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Discussion goes for a few page and people starts to vote without seeing the ongoing discussion, thus I made this other poll to offer my solution and see what others think about it.

As I can see from the previous poll, everyone thinks the problem of having laggers is true and really destroy game play and the solution given by Gus is not the best option.

Here, as what I said in previous poll, I gave a simple possible fix, and as far as I know this doesn't require much time to script since a similar script is already made before.
So the solution is:
Disabling running weapon for people with higher ping than 400 (a number that is proposed in previous poll, this number is flexible)
Disabling speed since being a lagger actually gives an advantage of being speedy with lag warps created by a late location refreshing rate (AFAIK).

Notes: This idea is not a one-sided idea since it may concern both party (laggers and non-laggers). And me myself is considered a lagger with 200+ ping.
Also, I don't really have problems with killing laggers, but this also concern those who have problems with it.
Please try not to be biased by giving your opinions since it also concern yourself and your gaming experience.
Last request by me, please do not post useless shits as in +1 without other reason to be affirmative or -1 without another reason to be negative.

you mean with high ping they cant use sawn-off and pistols, but they can use all others?
Former President & CEO of AvidaCompany

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Ellis 4L
« Reply #11 on: 22 05, 2012, 11:29:39 am »
Yes, Denos.
They can just use M4 and MP5.

I disagree with this, because not everyone haves a super fast internet connection neither a fast computer.
Or even worse, the location of the player and the distance between the server location, makes the connection a little laggy
I know, every known player hates lag, but it isnt a choice we have to enable it, it comes suddenly (Mainly when you are doing something very important) and we cant do something so hard, this will make people whine about it
You guys know what happened when the "You cant fight due to bad internet connection" thing started right? Approving this would make everything get back
Briefly, I say no to this
Do you either have reading problems or mental problems?
The shoot block still exist.
« Last Edit: 22 05, 2012, 11:33:13 am by StevieFTW »

SAPD Founder

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there ◔◡◔
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 22 05, 2012, 11:35:56 am »
If you mean by this Tec-9 and such weapons, I think that there is already a script which disable fighting (All kinds of attacks) when you get high ping I think... So, what is the difference ? Running weapons are already being disabled when reaching high ping. If you meant that only running weapons will be disabled when reaching high ping otherwise when you reach high ping the other weapons will not be disabled so, I disagree with this. (Note: I am one of the laggers and I know that it is annoying to kill a lagger)

And about this, I completely agree with you.

« Last Edit: 22 05, 2012, 11:46:50 am by Orion20 »

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Ellis 4L
« Reply #13 on: 22 05, 2012, 02:53:18 pm »
If you mean by this Tec-9 and such weapons, I think that there is already a script which disable fighting (All kinds of attacks) when you get high ping I think... So, what is the difference ? Running weapons are already being disabled when reaching high ping. If you meant that only running weapons will be disabled when reaching high ping otherwise when you reach high ping the other weapons will not be disabled so, I disagree with this. (Note: I am one of the laggers and I know that it is annoying to kill a lagger)
This is the answer:
For the one that oppose this idea, just wanted to make it clear that by having this system, the current system that disable lagger to shoot will be replaced by this proposed system, this feature give chance for laggers to defend themselves from deathmatcher (a chance, at least). If you have other ideas about the pro' and con's about this system, please do post them.

SAPD Founder

LordBlackAngel

« Reply #14 on: 23 05, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
I vote yes,because when I go to an event my MTA crash.