Author Topic: [Resolved] CIT Trunk System  (Read 11097 times)

mamoet

[Resolved] CIT Trunk System
« on: 13 06, 2012, 01:29:32 pm »
My idea is simple, to add a trunk system in CIT.
You can store all kinds of items in your trunk, like drugs and weapons and even fuel cans. Go behind your car and press 'Z' to open your trunk.

Why add this?
Adds more roleplay. If you go to drugshipment you can switch weapons, if you feel like using sniper instead of rifle etc. Store drugs in them to prevent selling those. If you go cop you can switch between DE and tazer. Good for turfing and using various weapons.

Some screens (Replace 'E', with 'Z')

This is the zone where you could press 'Z' to access the trunk.

For storing are 2 options.
- Each car has separate trunk (needs more server space I think and harder to script)
- All cars have same trunk (easier to script)

What happens with my items if I sell my car?
1 thing is for sure, you keep the items. I have thought how, there are many ways.

Assuming we have 2 options to store items (see above). Maybe Im thinking too complicated. But I came with these solutions.

If option 2 (All cars have same trunk)
So if you sell a car, the other car(s) will have the items still in the trunk, because all cars use the same trunk.
The only car you cant sell with items in it, is the last car. You have to store those items at your house or pick up before selling the last car. As long as you have more then 1 car, the items will stay in car trunk if you sell.

Option 1 (All cars have separate trunk)
You cant sell with items in it. So either you have to pick those items up or you have to move them to your housepocket before selling. 

Scripting
  • Uses almost the same housepocket script. The gui is a bit different (like in screenshots).
  • There needs to be a script added to press 'Z' to access the trunk, if you are at the back of the car.
  • There needs to be a small change in selling cars (depending which option is being chosen) if items are in the trunk.

But because its a change in current server script, I dont think I have to add script for now like Arran said in board. I dont have access either.

Remember if you like this, click 'up-arrow' at right top corner (next to quote)
« Last Edit: 09 01, 2013, 04:39:51 pm by Arran »

AlcatRaz_26

Re: CIT Trunk System
« Reply #1 on: 13 06, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »
It is really a good idea and I think it is possible to do that it would  be  help to players more about store their items.

vicio

« Reply #2 on: 13 06, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »
WTF man, you are a genius or what ?
I love ppl who have ideas about RP then I love you xD

It will be really useful +10000 :D

EDIT: with it, cars will be less disposable :D

Offline ProTo

• HoBoS Son
  • Senior Community Member
  • Ex. L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: ProTo
« Reply #3 on: 13 06, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »
The script is too easy to add because we can use the same system of the houses! But if someone destroy the car, we will lose the items?
And if I sell the car by accident, I will lose them?

mamoet

« Reply #4 on: 13 06, 2012, 05:02:04 pm »
WTF man, you are a genius or what ?
I love ppl who have ideas about RP then I love you xD

It will be really useful +10000 :D

EDIT: with it, cars will be less disposable :D

haha thank you :P

It gives own cars more use. This is good for training and turfing with gangs too. You have a wide choice of weapons available when your car is nearby. Switch from Uzi to MP5 can be easy now. And you can always have spare ammo in the trunk.

The script is too easy to add because we can use the same system of the houses! But if someone destroy the car, we will lose the items?
And if I sell the car by accident, I will lose them?

No, you keep the items off course. But you do have to repair (below 29%) your car to access those items.
And if you sell, you keep the items (items will be automatically add to you). Just like houses system

cmkilla

« Reply #5 on: 13 06, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »
this has been suggested many times but not detailed enough like this it's great especially for people who don't have or like houses+1

...:::Gho$T:::...

« Reply #6 on: 13 06, 2012, 06:35:10 pm »
It was mine idea and rejected but +1

mamoet

« Reply #7 on: 13 06, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »
It was mine idea and rejected but +1

Sorry I didnt know it was suggested before. But I do have added more details though, lets hope for the best

Offline ProTo

• HoBoS Son
  • Ex. L3
« Reply #8 on: 13 06, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »
No, you keep the items off course. But you do have to repair (below 29%) your car to access those items.
And if you sell, you keep the items (items will be automatically add to you). Just like houses system
Euhh , bad idea ! For example, I have 2000 bull of sniper at the car and I sell it, And on that moment, I was using the Rifle. It will change to Rilfle bulls of what?

mamoet

« Reply #9 on: 13 06, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »
Euhh , bad idea ! For example, I have 2000 bull of sniper at the car and I sell it, And on that moment, I was using the Rifle. It will change to Rilfle bulls of what?

EDIT

15 characters limit
« Last Edit: 13 06, 2012, 08:08:37 pm by mamoet »

Offline ProTo

• HoBoS Son
  • Ex. L3
« Reply #10 on: 13 06, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »
Well the opinions on that differ. You could put them at your house before selling it.

But if you dont want there could be a option to move those items to your first house or nearest house pocket.
Its up to CIT to decide, or we can add poll where those items should go.
every one should own a house? o_o ! Maybe we can't sell cars when there is objects on it or something else.

mamoet

« Reply #11 on: 13 06, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
wait Im editing my post I forgot something hold on

For storing are 2 options. (Up to CIT to decide)
- Each car has separate trunk (needs more server space I guess)
- All cars have same trunk

with option 2 if you sell a car, another car will have the same items (same trunk).

with option 1, some people dont have a house. So I think you cant sell car, with items in it.

« Last Edit: 13 06, 2012, 08:05:59 pm by mamoet »

...:::Gho$T:::...

« Reply #12 on: 13 06, 2012, 08:03:58 pm »
make a script like in house. cant sell if u save something in .

Sorry I didnt know it was suggested before. But I do have added more details though, lets hope for the best
yea lets hope.

Offline BabY

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
« Reply #13 on: 13 06, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »
every one should own a house? o_o ! Maybe we can't sell cars when there is objects on it or something else.

There's houses in LV and between LS and SF doesn't cost more than 100k.

+1 for the idea.
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

TommyBoy1998

« Reply #14 on: 13 06, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »
Yes I got this Idea self too :) but you maded it for me (Joke :P) But that idea I got too uhmm.. [Some min later] Uhmm... Yeah it's really good idea and I preffer it. +1