Author Topic: Late January 2013  (Read 14462 times)

tufan73

Re: Late January 2013
« Reply #15 on: 24 01, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »
Deal it will take much time but if you promise to add it I will try and send you till summer?

Offline Hidde

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Hidde[AF]
« Reply #16 on: 24 01, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »
I dont know if you can do it but I think you should make the map bigger like adding a new city (it is hard ik) if you do it it will be very good

Deal it will take much time but if you promise to add it I will try and send you till summer?

I don't think you even imagine how hard it will be to make a whole new city. You should try to make an island. It will take you really some time.

All objects need to fit exactly at the right poont. It shouldn't ugly,unrealistic and last but not least : bigged up.

The last thing is pretty hard. Because making such a big city without having one single  ug would be like impossible I guess.

The x and the y axis needs to fit at every subject etc....

This would be a 100 men job.

Also, why should we/staff expand SA and putting weeks in mapping a new map, while setting up a second server is easier ( I guess)
« Last Edit: 25 01, 2013, 10:28:34 am by Hidde »
Ex. GEN Armed Forces
Ex. L3 Staff
Ex. CHF Police Administration and Management (2010-2011)

Fizzy

« Reply #17 on: 24 01, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »
I dont know about third server. Two servers are enough for us I think.Already we dont have a lot of players in server 2 . But bussiness system will be great I think.But you ve done great jobs...Thanks for your labours Arran and other admins..

tufan73

« Reply #18 on: 24 01, 2013, 11:51:57 pm »
Hidde you are right but let me try it I already have a little work since I was making some race maps for fun.

And thank you for Arran and other admins they do a massive good job

Offline Verterro

• Junior Community Member
  • Ye, I'm Green
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Vert!
  • Squad: Blue_Angels
« Reply #19 on: 25 01, 2013, 12:43:36 am »
The S2 is completly amazing... its like a new CIT Arran Worked a lot of time for us its special. Rly excelent work Arran and CIT Team.Congratz

Cumpz, Vert
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
My Steam Profile - My Personal Website

Razzy

« Reply #20 on: 25 01, 2013, 04:41:14 am »
For me,  turfing in LV is good enough,  don't need other turfing places besides LV.
Because,  We don't need much turfing city . If we wanna go for a walk or drive,  lets say turfing city has been added to SF.
When we go to SF to work people will shoot us as its the city of turfing though .
But,  the best idea is adding more Criminal events like maybe make a new robberies system besides than DFR,  BR , PDR.
If like that criminal will have more advantages and maybe its easier for getting money and more hits of drugs.
And,  increase drugs to 30 hits is good too.
« Last Edit: 25 01, 2013, 04:46:08 am by Razzy »

Offline Kaka

• Senior Community Member
  • Rise above hate
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TheMyth
  • Ingame: Kaka
  • Squad: 404
« Reply #21 on: 25 01, 2013, 05:23:30 am »
If we get a server like civilian one, none would go to San Fierro, since it would be useless. There should be benefits, so criminals and cops would go to San Fierro.
What about moving some things from LS to SF only.

1- Moving Capture the vehicle aka Hijack to SF only, instead of making it spawns randomly in LS/SF.
2- Moving Races to SF, so it will reduce misconduct in LS a bit too.
3- Adding something new to SF like Capture the flag as CnR event?

I think after doing these updates it will be balanced enough, criminal events PDR/BR/DFR in LS and the activities are in SF.
« Last Edit: 25 01, 2013, 07:00:23 am by Kakaa »
"Even if you get oppressed, never give up. Shut them up with your progress"

brian barreto

« Reply #22 on: 25 01, 2013, 06:24:41 am »
Robbing houses in SF? That'd be cool. :D

Offline Genzo

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #23 on: 25 01, 2013, 06:33:04 am »
Make a new city in Map Editor then.
I have a city mapped but it's 70% complete from that old suggestion before.

Offline Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
  • Former Head State Official (2016-2020)
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: [CIT]Denos|AC
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #24 on: 25 01, 2013, 06:49:23 am »
you can try to make a new map, but like others said, it would be really hard. Staff is doing a good job with all these updates, you can tell they have been busy
Former President & CEO of AvidaCompany

shinne993

« Reply #25 on: 25 01, 2013, 09:31:49 am »
What about moving some things from LS to SF only.

1- Moving Capture the vehicle aka Hijack to SF only, instead of making it spawns randomly in LS/SF.
2- Moving Races to SF, so it will reduce misconduct in LS a bit too.
3- Adding something new to SF like Capture the flag as CnR event?

I think after doing these updates it will be balanced enough, criminal events PDR/BR/DFR in LS and the activities are in SF.
-Agree this . But only switch BR to SF.DFR / PD, LS is right!!
-The new players will be moved to the SF airport instead for the airport at LS because most work will be transferred to SF. So that players can divide all three cities (SF now mostly empty). If they need help with F1 or press the J and asked the supporters.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #26 on: 25 01, 2013, 10:36:28 am »

How can I promise to add something if I can't see it...

It's nearly impossible to make any decent new island anyway due to being only able to use stuff from the default map which is all in weird pieces, it's like a jigsaw that only looks right placed around all the other default map parts.

We don't need one anyway but why the hell should we make one when YOU'RE the only one who wants it.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

tufan73

« Reply #27 on: 25 01, 2013, 10:47:49 am »
Okay then  :-\ You are right

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #28 on: 25 01, 2013, 11:27:58 am »
Edit 2: I decided to try the server as a new player and see what it was like. I concluded that the server is an awful experience for new players, hard to get money, the only criminal job you can do is house robbing which you can't even do because you can't get back on your free vehicle when you're wanted. The vehicle DM script also made life hard, I even got punished for it. So I made a variety of small changes like making vehicle punch punisher a lot more lenient and letting you get on your free vehicle when wanted.

I also realised how incredibly bad the criminal work is. The house robbery script is a complete joke, it's something I rushed up in a few hours 2 years ago. Unfortunately though we've always been busy doing other updates and it seems that nobody was ever interested in pushing more for proper CnR updates in server development board. So I'll have to make the idea and the script by myself.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

HeatBlast

« Reply #29 on: 25 01, 2013, 11:54:24 am »
You're right that San Fierro would probably be empty if it was CnR so perhaps it'd be better if it was made into another turf city.

Actually I think this would be better.