Author Topic: Mechanic Navigation Panel [Scripted]  (Read 1701 times)

eG_Suly

Mechanic Navigation Panel [Scripted]
« on: 04 11, 2013, 02:24:43 pm »

Mechanic Navigation Panel

Hello, I've just finished this script. It's a panel for mechanics to mark damaged vehicles.  Making their job easier. There are also filters depending on what vehicles you want to fix, its damage and its distance from you. The filters are:-
  • Vehicle Damage Filter
    • 30 Percent or lower.
    • 50 Percent or lower.
    • 70 Percent or lower.

• Vehicle Type Filter
    • Planes or Helicopters.
    • Cars or Bikes.
    • Boats.

• Distance
    • 1000 or lower
    • 2000 or lower
    • 3000 or lower

First you need to be a mechanic. Press F5 and the panel will appear. Choose your desired filters. Then click the button "pin all", it'll create blips of red flags on all the damaged vehicles with the required filters. So as a mechanic you can go there and fix them.
Here is an overview of the panel when clicking the pin button:-

Show content

Another feature: I've added a grid list containing all the vehicle names and owners along with its health. You can double click on it to blip it as well.

Show content
Show content
Show content

I just wanted to make this panel to let mechanics' job easier. Hopefully you guys like it. Any more ideas? List them below. Initial Idea : http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=100931.0
« Last Edit: 04 11, 2013, 02:36:33 pm by Suly »

BAROOO

Re: Mechanic Navigation Panel [Scripted]
« Reply #1 on: 04 11, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
already they were calling us with ''call services''  :fp:

eG_Suly

« Reply #2 on: 04 11, 2013, 06:00:19 pm »
already they were calling us with ''call services''  :fp:

That way of calling services is hard since you've got to memorize the caller's name and mark him. While this panel, you can just blip all the damaged vehicles. Making your job easier. You can relate this with the polices' computer panel.

getUP

« Reply #3 on: 04 11, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »
quite necessary and possible and mechanic's need this system.applied correctly to the server,will be perfect.

I'm upvoted this idea.

Offline Philo

• Regular Community Member
  • Good Moaning dear.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Philo
« Reply #4 on: 04 11, 2013, 08:13:39 pm »
Thats a nice suggestion but it is not really Legit because Mechanics would get easy money and it will unbalance jobs .. Thats what I think .

eG_Suly

« Reply #5 on: 04 11, 2013, 10:02:30 pm »
Thats a nice suggestion but it is not really Legit because Mechanics would get easy money and it will unbalance jobs .. Thats what I think .

Mostly every mechanic just takes his job and go straight to any recovery zone. Because how would they now if there are other damaged vehicles other than that? Also, when people call mechanic, we don't know if they actually need one; or their vehicle is fixed on the moment we went there. My idea's purpose is to let mechanics be aware of other damaged vehicles without the owners calling. Rather than always going to the "recovery area".

By that mechanics can drive along SA following the blips they marked through that panel.

SniperGrass

« Reply #6 on: 05 11, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »
Mostly every mechanic just takes his job and go straight to any recovery zone. Because how would they now if there are other damaged vehicles other than that? Also, when people call mechanic, we don't know if they actually need one; or their vehicle is fixed on the moment we went there. My idea's purpose is to let mechanics be aware of other damaged vehicles without the owners calling. Rather than always going to the "recovery area".

By that mechanics can drive along SA following the blips they marked through that panel.
This is true. Thats a very nice script indeed and this will make being a mechanic easier.

eG_Suly

« Reply #7 on: 07 11, 2013, 03:43:25 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I've managed to update a couple of stuff till now:
  • Made the distance filter work.
  • Made it so the color of the vehicle health text on the GUI changes depending on the vehicle health.
  • Finished the player marking feature

Here is me in my phoenix (partially damaged thus orange color) :
Show content

Here is me in my Maverick (not damaged thus green color) :
Show content

Here is when I marked my vehicle when double clicked on my name:
Show content

beerman123

« Reply #8 on: 07 11, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »
Are you sure this works in a larger range (3000) aswell? Because as far as I know the vehicle must be streamed in before you can get it's health.

eG_Suly

« Reply #9 on: 19 11, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »
It was added today. Press F3 as a mechanic. I've changed some stuff like replacing the distance filter with a city's one, and removed the vehicle type one since it was rather useless. Although it's not perfect.
Thanks for the positive feedback.