Author Topic: Disabling roof turfing for good  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Disabling roof turfing for good
« on: 14 11, 2013, 01:26:23 pm »
Hello citizens,

today I was just doing my job when a certain group was turfing from a high roof and spamming the entire airport with nades. So, I did my thing and jailed them. Unfortunately, I ended up unjailing them since you can reach the roof via a wall on the side. In my opinion, it's unfair. Why would you camp on a higher point with nades? That shows zero skills in my opinion.

So, my suggestion is as following:

Once the player goes above a certain z value, he can no longer participate in claiming the turf. The following message should be displayed:

"You're too high to claim the turf, please go down and stop roof turfing."

But, I've also seen people just being... asses at the LV hospital. They stand on the roof and throw nades. So, in my opinion disable throwing nades and using RPG from a certain z value aswell. I think that less people will be triggered to roof turf when they can't throw a nade or blast an RPG. Also, I think it might even stop some cracks.

I made one suggestion of it because it's all related and I asked some other staffs and they said it would be a bit useless to make two suggestions of it.

In fact, what I suggested already exists for drug crafting, so why not add it for roof turfing as well? :)
« Last Edit: 14 11, 2013, 02:47:57 pm by Cherry »

Fady-Atef

Re: Disabling roof turfing for good
« Reply #1 on: 14 11, 2013, 02:46:16 pm »
   Well, I am sure that its possible via a -not very hard- script. (It was already done in /druglab as far as I remember).

While in turf wars, I always see people camping on a high roof and even if you can reach it by foot, they will just keep nade/RPG spamming so you cant even climb there. In my opinion, this should be applied in-game but I believe that this suggestion is going to have too many negative votes from the groups that do nothing but to camp and spam nades.
« Last Edit: 14 11, 2013, 02:49:03 pm by Fady »

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
« Reply #2 on: 14 11, 2013, 02:48:54 pm »
Well, I am sure that its possible via a -not very hard- script. (It was already done in /druglab as far as I remember)
While in turf wars, I always see people camping on a high roof and even if you can reach it by foot, they will just keep nade/RPG spamming so you cant even climb there.
In my opinion, this should be applied in-game but I believe that this suggestion is going to have too many negative votes from the groups that do nothing but to camp and spam nades.

I added RPG to the main post ^-^
Yes, I've already seen this suggestion being higher as it is now. People will most certainly downvote. But just see it this way: in the time that this post was made till now I've already jailed 5 more roof turfers. It really has to stop. Even for accesible roofs: it's unfair.

Offline Hidde

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Hidde[AF]
« Reply #3 on: 14 11, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
And the snipers? I find it a bit weird if not even m4's and snipers can be used claiming turfs on a certain height. So I agree that RPG's and Nades cannot be used, but disabling claiming turfs on a certain hight is ridiculous imo.

Ex. GEN Armed Forces
Ex. L3 Staff
Ex. CHF Police Administration and Management (2010-2011)

Olipower509

« Reply #4 on: 14 11, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »
And the snipers? I find it a bit weird if not even m4's and snipers can be used claiming turfs on a certain height. So I agree that RPG's and Nades cannot be used, but disabling claiming turfs on a certain hight is ridiculous imo.

I totally agree with his opinion.
I always use a sniper/country_rifle in turfs -because those weapons are the ones I can handle the best- so if something like this would be added, turfing won't be funny anymore for me.

So I down-voted for this suggestion.

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
« Reply #5 on: 14 11, 2013, 03:28:54 pm »

Why would you snipe on a high building? That's roof turfing.

Offline Hidde

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Hidde[AF]
« Reply #6 on: 14 11, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »
If its accesible by a wall? Or on containers?
Ex. GEN Armed Forces
Ex. L3 Staff
Ex. CHF Police Administration and Management (2010-2011)

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
« Reply #7 on: 14 11, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
If its accesible by a wall? Or on containers?

Containers aren't roofs, lol. I didn't say "make the z value to the ground"

Offline that_dude_eric

• Donator L1
  • Group: GHoST
  • Ingame: Eric
« Reply #8 on: 14 11, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »
Containers aren't roofs, lol. I didn't say "make the z value to the ground"
he saying what if the roof are accessible by containers not saying a container is a roof,also people would just have to smarten up and find different ways to access those certain roofs instead of calling it "roof turfing"

eG_Suly

« Reply #9 on: 14 11, 2013, 07:27:50 pm »
Something like this?

Show content

It's something I've scripted just 5 mins ago to prevent roof turfing. If your "z" exceeds 30 units you'll get a message telling you that your fighting is disabled; meanwhile, your controls will be as if you're in jail. So your fighting will be disabled, you will have no weapon in hand and you can't change weapons. If you come down before 10 seconds you can fight again. Else you'll be killed.
« Last Edit: 14 11, 2013, 07:30:25 pm by Suly »

Offline MadaFaka

• The Original
  • Donator L3
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #10 on: 14 11, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »
This is a good idea if you are meaning roofs which can't be accessed with weed. If you are talking about "any" high point in the turfs that you can reach without a vehicle then it's a -1.

OnEaToNcE

« Reply #11 on: 14 11, 2013, 09:26:29 pm »
Its simple. You can get on a roof that is not inside a turf and use sniper/M4 afaik. You can do it from a long distance too, although M4 is used even in close combact.

I totally agree on this since there are many misunderstandings and unfair situations. In many turfs you can go up there from 1 corner only and enemies can just fill it with satchels so you will never manage to get on it. They hide and when you go BOOM. You need a heli to go even to an accesible roof many times. Upvoted!

Offline Kokolacio

• Ingame: Kokolacio
  • Squad: Ruff Ryders
« Reply #12 on: 16 11, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »
If this will be added, I think the rule that prohibits roof turfing will disappear.
If the rule disappear many players will camp spawns from high roofs because that will be allowed.

Could be a good idea if we disable explosives from high roofs too.
Ex. L1 Staff
Honorable Criminal Boss
East Side Locos

Offline Jamie

• Honorable
  • A Ban-Evaders Nightmare
  • Group: Taskforce
  • Ingame: Jamie
« Reply #13 on: 17 11, 2013, 05:22:26 am »
The solution:
Make it so players cannot turf above a certain "Z point". By Z point I mean height in which you could see by using the command /getpos.
So If <player> is above <Z>, Turfing Disabled.

How this solution will benefit the community:
1) Players will no longer be jailed for "Roof turfing" (Exploiting) because they wouldn't be able to,
2) Minimization of reports
3) Roof turfing would be impossible

http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=98117.0

Thanks for acknowledging that this was my original idea.

I obtained +56 within 1 week and was shut down by Smart because of
Quote from: smart
AFAIK Arran will not make any changes to LV because of what happened last time.
Head Chief of Police
If you have forgotten your IG Account Password. Please Visit the : Account Recovery Board
Consistence is key
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. (Rocky)

JuanElSniper

« Reply #14 on: 17 11, 2013, 05:28:09 am »
Why not use the same system that was enabled when island turfing was here before it was removed? When players would fly above the islands, a notification would pop up saying, "You have 15 seconds to leave the air space before you are shot down." The same thing should be applied to players on roof tops. If they use a helicopter to land on a roof that isn't accessible via jumping on containers or using smaller roofs to gain access to it, the notification will pop up, giving the player 15 seconds to leave the roof or they are killed. During those 15 seconds the player will not be able to turf either.