Author Topic: Disable marking  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
Disable marking
« on: 15 11, 2013, 06:07:45 pm »
Well, I always noticed that people marks staff during events, cop vs crim fights, turfs and in simple days for no reason. We are always their target. For example just yesterday there was fight between cops and criminals in Grove Street. I wanted to have fun, take a break so I decided to go there with TF members and kill criminals. BUT everytime when I just arrive at there I see 3-4 crims at the same time coming to me.Ye, I am 100% sure they marked me before. Because there were really a lot of cops and everyone was running as crazy. Does not matter if I rush or just hiding myself at any roof or no, they aims at only me not other cops. It is really annoying when people only see you. I changed my name to random TF name but still they were coming to me because I was on their "marked player" list already. They are like "huehuehue I killed an admin". Why that is soo special? We are players too and why we cannot have fun like others?

So, I suggest new option for staff members to disable themselves being marked. That will be little fair and we will be able to fight as normal cop too

It can happen with criminal staff members too.Cops doing same thing too. Also don't forget about turfs. They just marks staff's group/gang and only attacks his team. Specially they are killing only staff member between a lot of gangsters

Killing staff is not fun  :-\

I could suggest it between only staff members but I would like to know your opinions too.
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

Sandy

Re: Disable marking
« Reply #1 on: 15 11, 2013, 06:17:05 pm »
I support this. Having people mark you and claim you as their main target is annoying, and limits the gameplay as a staff member.

Offline that_dude_eric

• Donator L1
  • Group: GHoST
  • Ingame: Eric
« Reply #2 on: 15 11, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »
well why not add this for everyone then.. because everyone has that 1 or 2 people that always mark you and kill you just because they dont like you, so for now im neutral

Offline Prototype

• Honorable
« Reply #3 on: 15 11, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »
well why not add this for everyone then.. because everyone has that 1 or 2 people that always mark you and kill you just because they dont like you, so for now im neutral

You are right too. Each player can let his friend to mark him or no. Either via CITphone / CITbook or from new windows where you will be able to enable/disable marking X player. Hmm imagine /groupwhitelist command where you can add there account name and move his name into whitelist of your group. You can easily remove him. Would be better to script it for /markplayer too in my opinion

Offline Zergad

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: USNS
  • Ingame: Zergad
« Reply #4 on: 15 11, 2013, 07:10:46 pm »
Whats the purpose of marking Players? Its just used to grief/annoy Players by following them everywhere they are.
It has no use at all.
It should be removed, and only be enabled to mark on /citbook friends, so players will not grief other players with BS reason.

If you want to find one of your friends, then it should be only enabled for /citbook friendlist members.

Offline Prototype

• Honorable
« Reply #5 on: 15 11, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »
Whats the purpose of marking Players? Its just used to grief/annoy Players by following them everywhere they are.
It has no use at all.
It should be removed, and only be enabled to mark on /citbook friends, so players will not grief other players with BS reason.

If you want to find one of your friends, then it should be only enabled for /citbook friendlist members.

I don't even use /citbook. It is just for let "some" friends to be able to enter my car and nothing else. Does not matter if I am staff or no still I use marking players/friends. I don't annoy them but some nabs just using it to troll people

Also if staffs get annoyed it can be made suck that you can't mark staff members  when they are out of /staff job.

Staff has duties and sometimes even staff can have fun. If you cannot contact staff then call him from main chat and etc

Offline Kaka

• Rise above hate
  • Group: TheMyth
  • Ingame: Kaka
  • Squad: 404
« Reply #6 on: 15 11, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »
I think I'm the only one in the Staff team who punish players with another name as undercover because I keep changing my name and forget to change to [CIT] tags. Everytime I go to turf I change my name, I know gangs already don't turf except when they see [CIT]Kaka logged in - L3.

I do agree it's annoying and yes, they mark me, everytime I take screenshot from their screen and I see my blip there in their mini-map.
"Even if you get oppressed, never give up. Shut them up with your progress"

Spec

« Reply #7 on: 15 11, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »
I don't know if its mention already
It will be good if blips from the mini map will be removed, so the players who is near you won't know that admin is near

Offline Prototype

• Honorable
« Reply #8 on: 15 11, 2013, 09:52:16 pm »
well from me it's kinda unfair, it feels good when you start to kill the staff who used to .... you know what I mean.

Yes I know. Of course go and kill staffs and don't let them play. They will be killed by same person several times and staff will smile for that... How happy moment

Zackdrew

« Reply #9 on: 15 11, 2013, 10:09:56 pm »
And what about if there is one script who show you when one player is trying to mark you in the CITPhone, I mean it will show you in /notifications same as when you are away from the keyboard
Show content
then you can open this and it will look like as
Show content
or something, then you are able to see who is trying to mark you in the same moment and you can decide if yes or no.

Nikita3

« Reply #10 on: 15 11, 2013, 10:12:31 pm »
just adding a setting in the /settings where you can choose to get marked or not, that's my opinion.
and if it's switched off and someone is trying to mark you, a DX message appears saying "This player has disabled marking function" or what-so-ever
« Last Edit: 15 11, 2013, 11:05:39 pm by Nikki »

Offline Kaka

• Rise above hate
« Reply #11 on: 16 11, 2013, 03:12:07 am »
It should be for Staffs only. If all can do it then exploiters will disable it, so no one can reach them if he wants to take some screenshots.

well from me it's kinda unfair, it feels good when you start to kill the staff who used to .... you know what I mean.
Enjoy your warning.

Offline Hiso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Freshy/overhaul
« Reply #12 on: 16 11, 2013, 03:22:49 am »
Why don't we disable being shown in the radar when in /staff mode ? You won't get annoyed
Or a script which says "you can no longer mark on-duty staffs'.
~ Pray for The Dead ~

Offline Kaka

• Rise above hate
« Reply #13 on: 16 11, 2013, 03:24:39 am »
Why don't we disable being shown in the radar when in /staff mode ? You won't get annoyed
Or a script which says "you can no longer mark on-duty staffs'.
You have to read the main topic before replying. We're talking about marking Staffs while they're playing.

Takazuma

« Reply #14 on: 19 11, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »
Would be very usefull, sometimes I just want to play for myself and then I can't do it because someone marked me and is following me. +1