Author Topic: New Weapon Types  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
New Weapon Types
« on: 16 11, 2013, 12:47:36 pm »
Currently, everyone goes to ammunation and just shoots peds to level up their gun, quite boring and honestly quite pointless. Instead I propose that you start at full weapon skill and we remove the levelling up system. Why?

Well, if you play on CIT you'll notice our weapons have modified properties, and these modified properties are applied to either "poor" "std" or "pro" skill type. This means that a "poor" M4 could have the magazine reduced from 50 to 20 but the accuracy massively increased so that it would be a mix between the country rifle and the M4. And make the SPAS in "poor" have a 20 round magazine yet high spread.

So basically we can add new weapon types, like one that focuses on accuracy or damage and another that focusses on a high capacity magazine. And you'd be able to switch between these different weapon types at the ammunation shooting range and give them a try.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Luther.

Re: New Weapon Types
« Reply #1 on: 16 11, 2013, 01:07:43 pm »
Upvoted as I really enjoy this idea! It's like in FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM 14 (if someone knows what it is, "Chemestry Style": You're able to choose what kind of "way to play" you want in your player: pace, shot power, defending, etc).
As you said you're able to choose if you want accuracy or strength.

I just didn't get something: If this gets added, we'll have to choose the weapons type to all our weapons or we can choose it to each weapon?
Example: Can we choose "Strength" to SPAS, "Accuracy" to M4, "Strength" to sniper and "Strength" to Deagle or if we choose "Strength" as weapon type, it will apply to all our weapons?

If in your suggestion you meant that we'll choose it to ALL our weapons, then I'd like to suggest to add the ability to add it to each weapon (like I said, "Strength" to some of them and "Accuracy" to others).

EDIT:
You'd be able to pick for each weapon:
Default, new type 1 or new type 2.
Epic then, I really support this!
« Last Edit: 16 11, 2013, 02:20:01 pm by Luther. »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 16 11, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
You'd be able to pick for each weapon:

Default, new type 1 or new type 2.

Bonfire

« Reply #3 on: 16 11, 2013, 07:28:46 pm »
I love the idea in general, though, why not do this:

Each weapon ingame will have 'attachments' to them. Whenever you get a certain amount of kills, you unlock a certain attachment. The attachments will be able to improve some aspects of a weapon, but also decrease the other aspect of a weapon, just like you said. Here is an example:

Let's consider the weapon which we will use, M4:

Attachments:

- Flash Hider

Cost: $1.000
Kills needed to unlock: 100.
Effect: Increases the damage the gun does with a single bullet by 1.
Downside: Decreases the accuracy.

- Laser Sight

Cost: $3.000
Kills needed to unlock: 200.
Effect: Improves the accuracy in close range.
Downside: Decreases the accuracy in long range.

- Suppressor

Cost: $5.000
Kills needed to unlock: 300.
Effect: The weapon's sound is more silent.

- Heavy Barrel

Cost: $10.000
Kills needed to unlock: 400.
Effect: Improves the accuracy and range of the weapon.
Downside: Increases the recoil.

...and so on.

Whenever you unlock an attachment, you will go to the ammunation. The menu will pop up, but the button which we press to buy the weapon, will be changed to "Customize" once the weapon is bought. There, you will be able to choose the attachment you want to put on the gun.

If you have the weapon bought in F7, you won't be able to customize it. You will only be able to customize it in the ammunation.
« Last Edit: 16 11, 2013, 09:30:25 pm by Bonfire »

Heckenbumser

« Reply #4 on: 17 11, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »
Just a little suggestion to this idea of Arran:

Instead of just three different types of weapons, why not just make a controller like the engine tuning shop? So you could accurate adjust your weapon. For every piece you move the bar to the right side, you lose for example accuracy and your weapon become more damage, vice versa.

Here an example:

So each wepon could have many parts like this (e.g magazin size/damage).

btw I like bonfires idea too.

jessdajester

« Reply #5 on: 17 11, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
Wow, this is great, something I could have never thought of. It will add so much more to the dynamics of gun fight. Players will occupy different so called niches(playstyle) while using the same gun. I can see stragtegy being used more when given this option, because in the case with turfing you can have people 2-3 that have their settings on high damage but short range. So when fighting in a turf the close range guys will fight and if the attackers don't have their guns set on close range they will be at a disadvantage. Then having the guys with high accuracy staying far away, will provide excellent strategy in fighting.

The Amazonic

« Reply #6 on: 18 11, 2013, 04:41:21 pm »
Instead of weapon types there could also be ammo types or magazine types. I don't know much about ammunition but there are many differences. More recoil, more spread, higher distance, higher damage etc.
(Off-topic: Man imagine a Minigun with explosive ammo... =P )

JamieP

« Reply #7 on: 18 11, 2013, 08:27:14 pm »
I fell in love with this post! This adds so much dynamic o gunplay and fighting styles, especially if these suggestions are considered

Just a little suggestion to this idea of Arran:

Instead of just three different types of weapons, why not just make a controller like the engine tuning shop? So you could accurate adjust your weapon. For every piece you move the bar to the right side, you lose for example accuracy and your weapon become more damage, vice versa.

Here an example:

So each wepon could have many parts like this (e.g magazin size/damage).

btw I like bonfires idea too.

great suggestion Hecke

Show content
I love the idea in general, though, why not do this:

Each weapon ingame will have 'attachments' to them. Whenever you get a certain amount of kills, you unlock a certain attachment. The attachments will be able to improve some aspects of a weapon, but also decrease the other aspect of a weapon, just like you said. Here is an example:

Let's consider the weapon which we will use, M4:

Attachments:

- Flash Hider

Cost: $1.000
Kills needed to unlock: 100.
Effect: Increases the damage the gun does with a single bullet by 1.

- Laser Sight

Cost: $3.000
Kills needed to unlock: 200.
Effect: Improves the accuracy in close range.
Downside: Decreases the accuracy in long range.

- Suppressor

Cost: $5.000
Kills needed to unlock: 300.
Effect: The weapon's sound is more silent.

- Heavy Barrel

Cost: $10.000
Kills needed to unlock: 400.
Effect: Improves the accuracy and range of the weapon.
Downside: Increases the recoil.

...and so on.

Whenever you unlock an attachment, you will go to the ammunation. The menu will pop up, but the button which we press to buy the weapon, will be changed to "Customize" once the weapon is bought. There, you will be able to choose the attachment you want to put on the gun.

If you have the weapon bought in F7, you won't be able to customize it. You will only be able to customize it in the ammunation.

Beyond amazing Bonfire! The customization options are beautiful.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 20 11, 2013, 12:25:14 am »
Instead of just three different types of weapons, why not just make a controller like the engine tuning shop?

Because it's not possible, that's why.

This suggestion cannot be completed until an MTA bug (that caused weapon damage for certain players to be incorrect) has been investigated, reported and fixed.

Edit: I've investigated the bug and reported it to MTA: http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=7905

This means that we should still be able to at least use the standard weapon property until it's fixed.

Edit: We're having some new problem related to higher damage weapons being able to break down bullet resistant vehicles too easily so we need to wait for onClientVehicleDamage to be added to 1.3.4 from 1.4
« Last Edit: 22 11, 2013, 01:32:30 pm by Arran »

Offline -DashHXQ

• The Notorious
  • Senior Community Member
  • Need help? PM Me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: -DashHXQ
  • Squad: #PPAP
« Reply #9 on: 22 11, 2013, 01:38:13 pm »
Or maybe you can add weapon attachments such as,Extended magazined,Pierced Ammo(Higher damage),And Grip/Handle (Accuracy) It can be something similar to CoD if you have ever played it,and to add an attachment you pay for it Hourly,le.g Extended mags for 1 hour costs you 10K as an example.
Or,attachments can be bought in Ammunation for high prices. such as (100K For an extended mag,150K For pierced ammo.and 50K For a grip) as an example.
So a player would have more options to use on his weapon.
Quote from: DashHQXHX on #staff
<DashHXQ>   i'd like to resign as level 2 staff pls.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 22 11, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »
Or maybe you can add weapon attachments such as,Extended magazined,Pierced Ammo(Higher damage),And Grip/Handle (Accuracy) It can be something similar to CoD if you have ever played it,and to add an attachment you pay for it Hourly,le.g Extended mags for 1 hour costs you 10K as an example.
Or,attachments can be bought in Ammunation for high prices. such as (100K For an extended mag,150K For pierced ammo.and 50K For a grip) as an example.
So a player would have more options to use on his weapon.

I already said IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. WE CAN ONLY HAVE 3 DIFFERENT WEAPON TYPES.

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Junior Community Member
  • Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #11 on: 25 11, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »
Some ideas,
For auto rifles and shotguns,
Tactical - Rate of fire, accuracy, distance increased. Damage decreased. Double clip.
Standard Issue - Normal Mode, all balanced. Original Tune and Clip.
War Mode - Rate of fire, accuracy, distance decreased. Damage increased. Half Clip.
Note: For shotgun replace accuracy with spread.

For MG,
Normal - Original Tune
Burst Shots - MG will fire in burst of shots(for example maybe 3bullets per 0.3 seconds), damaged increased.
Mega Burst Shots - MG will fire a lot of bullets in burst of shots(for example maybe 100bullets[I need to know how much bullets fired per seconds to judge this] per 0.6seconds(), damage decreased.
Rate of fire - more rate of fire but less damage.
Fire Power - more damage but less rate of fire.

For Sniper Scope,
Tactical Sniper - can hold about 5 or 10 ammo(for example) per clip to give continuous shots but less damage.(It takes 2 bullets to cus 100hp damage then 5 or 10ammo should only do approximately that much damage.)

Note: These are just suggestions or ideas.
« Last Edit: 25 11, 2013, 11:44:37 pm by (Pro)Hunter »
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘