Author Topic: Height Requirement in LV  (Read 1727 times)

jessdajester

Height Requirement in LV
« on: 17 11, 2013, 06:24:12 pm »
Ok recently there was an update that will prevent roof turfers from exploiting. Well my suggestion is that you raise that height requirement, because this is limiting people from getting on accessible roofs. I think being able to turf from accessible roofs adds a dynamic to the play style in LV. I think maybe the requirement should be looked at and raised if needed. Maybe we could do the requirement for each turf. My point is the accessible roofs are also blocked from use and I dont think this was the goal. I think the goal was to prevent exploiting.

Thanks

/discuss
« Last Edit: 17 11, 2013, 06:29:19 pm by jessdajester »

Heckenbumser

Re: Height Requirement in LV
« Reply #1 on: 17 11, 2013, 07:06:53 pm »
I don't know if the best solution is a height requirement. There are roofs like this where a stair got added just for that reason, that you can reach that roofs. Either you remove such stairs or change the roof turfing requirements.

jessdajester

« Reply #2 on: 17 11, 2013, 07:13:14 pm »
I don't know if the best solution is a height requirement. There are roofs like this where a stair got added just for that reason, that you can reach that roofs. Either you remove such stairs or change the roof turfing requirements.

Honestly Roof turfing wasn't that big of a deal. Not to the point where a whole script needed to be added. Especially when it totally alters the game play. It would be great if a script was added that only applied the height requirement on buildings that aren't accessible from the ground.

Heckenbumser

« Reply #3 on: 17 11, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

Honestly Roof turfing wasn't that big of a deal. Not to the point where a whole script needed to be added. Especially when it totally alters the game play. It would be great if a script was added that only applied the height requirement on buildings that aren't accessible from the ground.

That would be to much effort and as far as I know  Arran wouldn't add that. You would have to specific every area one by one.

OnEaToNcE

« Reply #4 on: 18 11, 2013, 12:19:24 am »
That would be to much effort and as far as I know  Arran wouldn't add that. You would have to specific every area one by one.
About that you are right and it will take too much time for them/him to do that.

My main problem is that in some turfs like visage you spawn somewhere high and you are not able to turf there whitch is really unfair. So how about you are able to turf at least in some specifyc turfs or at least the turfs with high spawns.

jessdajester

« Reply #5 on: 18 11, 2013, 01:48:16 am »

Like people that monopolize the only one access to roofs and basically do the same thing as spawn killing while people try to reach them?

Well I see what your saying, but the issue isn't necessarily that. Its the fact that many low roofs on the houses like in Hobos Baseline, that are considered to high to turf from. So in the case with that turf and many others it pushes everyone into a smaller area. Now for Rock hotel turf it makes it really hard when no only is the spawn in a non turfable area, but the actual turfable area is very small. Really, we should just change it to prevent getting med - high roofs. Instead of having it where only part of certain turfs are even usable. I am sure there are many other turfs that  have a lot of low sitting roofs that we should be able to get on. Such as the houses in CBL. To gain perspective, I do think the houses at the Train Station are too high but the houses in CBL are not too high, as one is two stories and the other is one story.
« Last Edit: 18 11, 2013, 01:51:33 am by jessdajester »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #6 on: 19 11, 2013, 03:38:43 pm »
Raised it by 2.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.