Author Topic: Disconnected and Cannot reconnect  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Disconnected and Cannot reconnect
« on: 03 04, 2022, 05:12:00 pm »
Idk I was not doing anything aside from watching youtube when I switch tab to see how my account is happening, I saw it was disconnectedd and when I tried to reconnect It wont let me.

Key changes :
- Server name wont appear only its IP Address.
- It cannot search for new servers
- It cannot connect
- Basically my MTA has lost internet connectivity
- In my MTA Home UI, you can see that "Latest news" dont show any news anymore.
- My internet is perfectly fine.
- I have restarted my pc
- I have reinstalled MTA multiple times

Show content
Show content

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Re: Disconnected and Cannot reconnect
« Reply #1 on: 03 04, 2022, 06:58:26 pm »
"connection timed out/lost" and not showing server browser/list point to networking problems.

Download and run as administrator the netfix (this was shared by MTA AC Team). It usually helps to fix this kind of problem, if not, open this: https://discord.com/channels/278474088903606273/278521065435824128/599929249868283908 (it should forward you to Dutchman's guide on MTA discord)
« Last Edit: 03 04, 2022, 07:02:29 pm by Vampire »
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #2 on: 03 04, 2022, 07:15:48 pm »
"connection timed out/lost" and not showing server browser/list point to networking problems.

Download and run as administrator the netfix (this was shared by MTA AC Team). It usually helps to fix this kind of problem, if not, open this: https://discord.com/channels/278474088903606273/278521065435824128/599929249868283908 (it should forward you to Dutchman's guide on MTA discord)

Ive run the
Show content
ECHO ON
ECHO Attempting to fix your problem.
netsh online
netsh winsock reset
netsh winhttp reset proxy
netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
netsh int ip reset c:\resetLog.txt
netsh interface tcp reset
netsh interface portproxy reset
netsh interface httpstunnel reset
netsh rpc reset
netsh http flush logbuffer
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int 6to4 reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh firewall delete
netsh int ipv6 reset all
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh int httpstunnel reset all
netsh int isatap reset all
netsh int portproxy reset all
netsh int tcp reset all
netsh int teredo reset all
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh interface tcp set heuristics disabled
Reset Winsock control
netsh branchcache reset
netsh branchcache flush
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
fsutil resource setautoreset true
ipconfig /flushdns
PAUSE
this and saved it as netflix.bat

After running the .bat file do I expect it to be fixed or is there another step after that, cause I runned it and gave me a printed diagnostic but the problem still persist

Offline IDriver

• Senior Community Member
  • ███████████] 99%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: IDriver#BOSS
« Reply #3 on: 03 04, 2022, 08:38:51 pm »
Resetting the TCP/IP stack can be a useful way to clear any issues that might be preventing your computer from accessing the Internet or network. In Windows, there are lots of things that could screw up a systems TCP/IP stack and lead to connectivity issues. This is because Microsoft Windows stores most network information including the TCP/IP stack details in the registry and there are lots of ways for third party applications to modify this information.

Luckily Microsoft also implemented a way to reset the TCP/IP stack back to defaults which can clear up a variety of issues. The command to clear and reset the TCP/IP stack (on Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10) is:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
The command must be run in an elevated command prompt windows (WIN+X) and it can be destructive in terms of IPv4 info set on an adapter, so…like don’t run it remotely on a server with a static IP.

But I digress. The issue I’m really getting to is related to Homegroup membership and the Windows 10 upgrade. I found that if you’re upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the original system you’re upgrading was joined to a homegroup, then the upgraded system might have issues with the TCP/IP stack (I.e. obtaining an IP address via DHCP).

[the problem]
I spent hours troubleshooting this on several freshly upgraded systems running Windows 10 that couldn’t connect to the network because they couldn’t obtain an IP from the DHCP server. All machines exhibited the same issue and all machines were previously joined to a homegroup (not a domain). Here are the symptoms:

The system is upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 build 1511 and works as expected but cannot obtain an IP address via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
The system works normally if a static IP is assigned.

Resetting the TCP/IP stack results in the following information:
netsh int ipv4 reset
Resetting interface, OK!
Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
Resetting Neighbor, OK!
Resetting Path, OK!
Resetting , failed.
Access is denied.Resetting , OK!
Restart the computer to complete this action

[the solution]
In essence having had the systems joined to a homegroup somehow messed up the TCP/IP stack in windows 10 after the upgrade to the point that the system cannot obtain an IP address from DHCP. Here’s how to fix the issue:

Open Regedit.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi and expand that folder.
Expand the subfolder named {eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc} and right-click the subfolder named 26. Select Permissions… and ensure that for Everyone the Full Control box is checked.

Press WIN+X to open a command prompt with elevated permissions. Type netsh int ip reset and hit enter. Now you should see the following results:
Resetting , OK!Restart the computer to complete this action
Reboot the system.

That’s it maybe

I founded one YoutTube video tutorial, maybe it helps you

If not, better solution than wasting ur time to "fix it" re-install your windows. Tell me if this helps you  :)
My introduction | My YouTube | Facebook | Discord idriverr
TOP50-IDriver $1 | 7,2k Hours IG | SCM | DL3 IG | Crim Level 40 | Ex-Minister of Housing

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #4 on: 04 04, 2022, 04:09:26 am »
Resetting the TCP/IP stack can be a useful way to clear any issues that might be preventing your computer from accessing the Internet or network. In Windows, there are lots of things that could screw up a systems TCP/IP stack and lead to connectivity issues. This is because Microsoft Windows stores most network information including the TCP/IP stack details in the registry and there are lots of ways for third party applications to modify this information.

Luckily Microsoft also implemented a way to reset the TCP/IP stack back to defaults which can clear up a variety of issues. The command to clear and reset the TCP/IP stack (on Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10) is:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
The command must be run in an elevated command prompt windows (WIN+X) and it can be destructive in terms of IPv4 info set on an adapter, so…like don’t run it remotely on a server with a static IP.

But I digress. The issue I’m really getting to is related to Homegroup membership and the Windows 10 upgrade. I found that if you’re upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the original system you’re upgrading was joined to a homegroup, then the upgraded system might have issues with the TCP/IP stack (I.e. obtaining an IP address via DHCP).

[the problem]
I spent hours troubleshooting this on several freshly upgraded systems running Windows 10 that couldn’t connect to the network because they couldn’t obtain an IP from the DHCP server. All machines exhibited the same issue and all machines were previously joined to a homegroup (not a domain). Here are the symptoms:

The system is upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 build 1511 and works as expected but cannot obtain an IP address via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
The system works normally if a static IP is assigned.

Resetting the TCP/IP stack results in the following information:
netsh int ipv4 reset
Resetting interface, OK!
Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
Resetting Neighbor, OK!
Resetting Path, OK!
Resetting , failed.
Access is denied.Resetting , OK!
Restart the computer to complete this action

[the solution]
In essence having had the systems joined to a homegroup somehow messed up the TCP/IP stack in windows 10 after the upgrade to the point that the system cannot obtain an IP address from DHCP. Here’s how to fix the issue:

Open Regedit.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi and expand that folder.
Expand the subfolder named {eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc} and right-click the subfolder named 26. Select Permissions… and ensure that for Everyone the Full Control box is checked.

Press WIN+X to open a command prompt with elevated permissions. Type netsh int ip reset and hit enter. Now you should see the following results:
Resetting , OK!Restart the computer to complete this action
Reboot the system.

That’s it maybe

I founded one YoutTube video tutorial, maybe it helps you

If not, better solution than wasting ur time to "fix it" re-install your windows. Tell me if this helps you  :)

I did what the video shown, still my MTA doesnt work.

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #5 on: 04 04, 2022, 08:54:59 am »
I believe I found a similiar situation and tried everything that has been suggested in that previous post
But he didnt update if he was able to fix it or found a solution, instead I believed he got frustrated and left the server/game.

I am in dire need of help, anyone pls if you experienced this before please help me out here.

LINK : CLICK HERE TO VIEW SIMILIAR PROBLEM

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #6 on: 04 04, 2022, 09:44:09 am »
This might or might not work, but I would like to suggest you to do two things and try.

Restart your router/modem or whatever device is routing your internet.

If the above doesn't work ^ try to use a VPN and check if your MTA detects internet and shows the list of the servers.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #7 on: 04 04, 2022, 12:14:55 pm »
This might or might not work, but I would like to suggest you to do two things and try.

Restart your router/modem or whatever device is routing your internet.

If the above doesn't work ^ try to use a VPN and check if your MTA detects internet and shows the list of the servers.

I have done and restarted my Modem/router.

About VPN, what VPN would you suggest. I have proton but it doesnt seem to work

Offline Revo.

• The Punisher
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Revo.
« Reply #8 on: 07 04, 2022, 06:35:17 pm »
Solved? @Uzaki

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #9 on: 07 04, 2022, 07:11:45 pm »
Partially but I am still looking for a permanent fix.

VPN works but I need to fix it that I wont be needing VPN so I can perform my duties as Guide better.

Offline Shark.

• Junior Community Member
  • vita es morte, morte es vita!
« Reply #10 on: 08 04, 2022, 05:26:57 pm »
The best solution way is to reset your computer and do a clean installation for MTA. If you try to solve it by cmd or etc. you will put a lot of effort and you can't fix %90.
I just saw it with my eyes one by one how my world was collapsing to my head when everything went to shit. I felt it. One by one.

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #11 on: 08 04, 2022, 05:30:36 pm »
The best solution way is to reset your computer and do a clean installation for MTA. If you try to solve it by cmd or etc. you will put a lot of effort and you can't fix %90.

I already did that nothing happened

Offline Shark.

• vita es morte, morte es vita!
« Reply #12 on: 08 04, 2022, 05:40:45 pm »
If you are using a network cable, try to use WI-FI. Else you can use a network cable
I just saw it with my eyes one by one how my world was collapsing to my head when everything went to shit. I felt it. One by one.

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
« Reply #13 on: 08 04, 2022, 05:42:25 pm »
If you are using a network cable, try to use WI-FI. Else you can use a network cable

I am using a wifi connection as LAN cable are not available in my area rn

Offline fr3o0on

• don't stop until you are proud of yourself
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: fr3o0on
  • Squad: UndyinG
« Reply #14 on: 08 04, 2022, 05:55:40 pm »
I already did that nothing happened
This problem happened to me in the past, but it was resolved for a long time
There are some solutions that helped me

Re-download the MTA and reinstall again

Reboot the router and try logging in again
And this problem occurs most of the time if you have a problem with the Internet

Make sure that the internet is connected to the computer and is working properly

Try accessing some websites and browsers to make sure that there is no problem
Because sometimes there is a problem from the Internet company, which is that you cannot enter some sites, so this problem stops you from entering any server

After reinstalling the game, try searching for servers

And tell me if it doesn't work, I'll tell you another solution

NOTE : I didn't read the other solutions I just posted this after reading your trouble