Author Topic: Am I shooting BBs?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Daneszkk

Years
  • Group: WaVe
Am I shooting BBs?
« on: 12 06, 2022, 02:16:35 am »
I keep getting hitmarkers, while dealing almost no damage at all. Emptying an arsenal on someone, and can't even break their armor. Is this because they're healing back so fast, or did I accidentaly buy airsoft guns or something? Good fps, good ping, getting the hitmarker, so I really have no clue what could be the problem here. I have somewhere around 10k hours in mta, and never seen anything like this, so it can't be a base game error. I did actually search everything related to "damage, hp, armor" but find no similar question. I'd really appreciate if someone gave me an answer. Only have like three clips, cuz I was literally fuming most of the time.

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Am I shooting BBs?
« Reply #1 on: 12 06, 2022, 02:48:38 am »
First clip, you're shooting through the car thus no damage was registered.
Second clip, you're too far thus no damage was registered; a good tip is only to shoot when their name tags are visible.
Third clip, wall peeking is kind of tricky in this server. I know it's different in other servers but here, you can't peek with only a few pixels of your gun/arm visible. You must get a good amount of your ped out of cover when peeking to ensure the damage gets registered. (that is precisely why the other dude is not returning fire, instead, he's waiting for you to get a little more away from the wall).

Give it a few more rounds, I'm pretty sure you'll grasp the basics of the combat here real quickly. Remember, hit mark != damage.

Offline GaMeFeR

• Pirus Co-Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Long live to Pirus.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: [CIT]GaMeFeR
« Reply #2 on: 12 06, 2022, 05:38:51 am »
First clip, you're shooting through the car thus no damage was registered.
Second clip, you're too far thus no damage was registered; a good tip is only to shoot when their name tags are visible.
Third clip, wall peeking is kind of tricky in this server. I know it's different in other servers but here, you can't peek with only a few pixels of your gun/arm visible. You must get a good amount of your ped out of cover when peeking to ensure the damage gets registered. (that is precisely why the other dude is not returning fire, instead, he's waiting for you to get a little more away from the wall).

Give it a few more rounds, I'm pretty sure you'll grasp the basics of the combat here real quickly. Remember, hit mark != damage.
This explains it all and it's pretty obvious of why you're not dealing others damage. @Daneszkk

SCM | Ex L2 Staff
Ex Guider & Applications Handler
| Ex Head DJ | Ex ICM
November 3rd 2020: @GaMeFeR Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + FMMs

Offline Daneszkk

Years
  • Group: WaVe
« Reply #3 on: 12 06, 2022, 10:24:43 am »
Yeah, all clear now, tysm.