Author Topic: [+++] When danger level <1.0 cops are given additional time penalty to enter AR  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Metall

• Pirus Founder
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: Metall
My suggestion is to add additional time penalty for cops trying to enter AR area when danger level is below these levels. This is to ensure that when cops side heavily outnumber the criminal side, additional crims should have time to respond to the AR before the cops are allowed to enter, otherwise we end up in situations like I've seen all day today when as soon as cops can enter they clear the AR in a matter of a very short time.

When Danger Level < 1.0 give police extra 40 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 260 seconds left of the AR.
When Danger Level <= 0.8 give police extra 60 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 240 seconds left of the AR.
When Danger Level <= 0.6 give police extra 80 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 220 seconds left of the AR.

If you feel these times are unfair in any way or have a better idea for what times and danger levels are suitable please comment below before just downvoting. I asked around a few highly ranked police officers and they told me what the danger levels looked like when cops usually outnumber criminals so these numbers are not out of the blue.
« Last Edit: 16 11, 2023, 11:14:01 pm by Violet »
L2 Staff Member, Community Event Manager, Group Level Manager, Discussion Board Moderator

Offline Manaa

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: Manaa
  • Squad: None
I support this proposal and it will give more enjoyment to (AR)  :tick: :tick:

Online Waltz

• Senior Community Member
  • beauty of annihilation
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: waltz / 115
Completely upvoting, it's really annoying when they crack every single CE in a heartbeat. This one will help us even a bit and it'll make both sides more equal from my point of view thus I am positive :tick:
There is only one dominant life form in this universe, and it carries a steel-barreled sword of vengeance.

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
  • Ingame: DeathWish
  • Squad: Vintage
Show content
My vote is Negative  :cros:

As I discussed with you IG the times are unreasonable, the danger levels easily reaches 0.8 these days which means criminals get an extra 60 seconds to rob before cops enter which means they get to rob till 240 seconds uninterrupted by cops

lets do some math the AR is 420 seconds long and I did a little testing to check how much time it would take a criminal to /rt and drive to an AR location. I went to GT where it's a bit a secluded and there's not really any spawns near it atleast for me, it took me 30 seconds to /rt and drive there and start robbing even with my shitty driving so I will be starting to rob at 390 seconds.

390 (time left for the AR to end) - 180 (time for you to rob) = 210 which leaves cops with 30 seconds to enter and AR area and clear it completely which sounds a lot when you hear the danger level is 0.8 or lower and cops must be cracking as hell but not really
an hour ago there were 8 cops active and 6 criminals robbing Vagos House, which means the danger level was below 0.8 and the first criminal died at 180 seconds inside Vagos House which means that a criminal could have been late up until 360 seconds to start robbing and he would've been fine.

And if the danger level is less than 0.6? oh well then a criminal can rob once without shooting a single shot or being shot by cops which is ridiculous, basically free money for AKFING inside an AR

I gave a worst case scenario here with the times to start robbing and it's still shows how unbalanced this suggestion is and how it will fuck up ARs for cops since they can't do anything and criminals can rob once without being touched by a cop so basically a free rob.

I talked with Metall IG and suggested the times be changed to
When Danger Level < 1.0 give police extra 20 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 280 seconds left of the AR.
When Danger Level < 0.8 give police extra 40 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 260 seconds left of the AR.
When Danger Level < 0.6 give police extra 60 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 240 seconds left of the AR.
When Danger Level < 0.4 give police extra 80 seconds time penalty. Meaning they can't enter until there is 220 seconds left of the AR.

The times I gave seem very fair for both criminals and cops and if Metall decides to change the times to the time I gave I'm willing to vote positive on this suggestion

I have decided to vote  :tick: :tick: in the hopes this will bring up the criminal activity
« Last Edit: 23 10, 2023, 02:15:29 pm by DeathWish »
A) Don't jump to conclusions, gather sufficient evidence first.

Offline Metall

• Pirus Founder
  • L2 Staff

390 (time left for the AR to end) - 180 (time for you to rob) = 210 which leaves cops with 30 seconds to enter and AR area and clear it completely which sounds a lot when you hear the danger level is 0.8 or lower and cops must be cracking as hell but not really
an hour ago there were 8 cops active and 6 criminals robbing Vagos House, which means the danger level was below 0.8 and the first criminal died at 180 seconds inside Vagos House which means that a criminal could have been late up until 360 seconds to start robbing and he would've been fine.

And if the danger level is less than 0.6? oh well then a criminal can rob once without shooting a single shot or being shot by cops which is ridiculous, basically free money for AKFING inside an AR

You make it sound like criminals can magically appear at the AR after it starts. Right now ingame after PB CE event finished, there was a message that DPD AR was starting. I was inside my car and drove there immediately, but I did not arrive until there was 360 seconds left of the AR. 360 seconds left - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left of AR, meaning even if Danger level is <0.6 you would have had 40 seconds to enter the AR and kill him, at the time when the cop penalty is at the absolute highest.

The first criminals most often arrive at around 360-380 seconds left of the AR, if they are responding immediately when the AR starts. Most actually arrive later, so saying that criminals will get a free rob without cops being able to touch them is not true.

Danger Level <1.0 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 80 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.
Danger Level <=0.8 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 60 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.
Danger Level <=0.6 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 40 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.

And when Danger Level is at 0.6, I'd say on average cops take around 30 seconds to clear an AR if they are fast and organized.
« Last Edit: 19 10, 2023, 03:28:23 am by Metall »
L2 Staff Member, Community Event Manager, Group Level Manager, Discussion Board Moderator

Offline redox

YearsYearsYearsYears

Offline JimMys

• DoMinos Family Founder
  • Guide
  • Father of DoMinos_Family.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: JimMys
Ex.DoMinos Family/HCB
Now.DoMinos Family
Future.DoMinos Family

Offline tobey

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Tobey

Offline Ace

• State Official
  • Forum Lawyer
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ace
  • Squad: Bloodmoon
ok so I'll start of by Saying that I absolutely hate the danger level mechanic affecting cnr. I wouldn't want to lend any legitimacy to it by upvoting your suggestion. Store robberies have been absolutely decimated. Very rarely is robbing stores worth your time these days because either cops are cracking and you won't get robs or cops are inactive and the robberies take far too long. You might only get 2 hours in a 24h period where it's actually balanced.

The system also discourages play on the server. If there's already a bunch of criminals online then it isn't worth my time to rob stores. When cops are cracking it isn't worth it to attend cnr either as I'll fail every ar and not be able to rob a single store. I'm not allowed to switch sides either so my only option is just to just get off and play something else.

If I were mean spirited I would want to inflict the same torture on cops that we experience daily on criminal side and upvote this but I don't think it would be healthy for the game.

Offline MadaFuq

• Junior Community Member
  • Keep lurkin' im doin' good!
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: -
  • Squad: RadiantZ
« Last Edit: 19 10, 2023, 03:49:44 am by MadaFuq »
`
I got the urge to pull my dick from the dirt and fuck the whole universe!

Offline Tripp

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
 :tick: :tick:

when law side number out numbers crim side, I stop going to arl and only goto CE since AR is unplayable without anti-rush protection. of course during those times after CE ends there is always 20 cops camping outside CE making it not so fun either so I normally don't play long before finding something else to do

Offline InFocus

• Pirus Boss
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: InFocus
  • Squad: Ballas
Fair enough, will make CnR more enjoyable and fair for both sides since criminals been getting outnumbered in ARs lately. :tick:
I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward. ©2Pac

Offline ComptoN

• A weedman's best friend
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Compton
  • Squad: CCC
Voting positive for this as indeed chwn cops really regroup we as criminals almost stand no chance, escpecially when they even out the numbers of paricipants in the AR, excluding the snipers surrounding it from a distance.

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
  • Ingame: DeathWish
  • Squad: Vintage
Show content
You make it sound like criminals can magically appear at the AR after it starts. Right now ingame after PB CE event finished, there was a message that DPD AR was starting. I was inside my car and drove there immediately, but I did not arrive until there was 360 seconds left of the AR. 360 seconds left - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left of AR, meaning even if Danger level is <0.6 you would have had 40 seconds to enter the AR and kill him, at the time when the cop penalty is at the absolute highest.

The first criminals most often arrive at around 360-380 seconds left of the AR, if they are responding immediately when the AR starts. Most actually arrive later, so saying that criminals will get a free rob without cops being able to touch them is not true.

Danger Level <1.0 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 80 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.
Danger Level <=0.8 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 60 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.
Danger Level <=0.6 = 360 seconds arrived at AR - 180 seconds rob time = 180 seconds left. Meaning you have 40 seconds to kill the criminal from when you are able to enter.

And when Danger Level is at 0.6, I'd say on average cops take around 30 seconds to clear an AR if they are fast and organized.

First you have to understand I'm not against you suggestion I just think the times you presented are huge and I believe the numbers I gave are fair for both sides criminals and cops

Taking into consideration the times you gave at around 0.8 danger level today it took us around 80-100 seconds to clean out each AR when it was 0.6 it took us around 40-50 seconds taking that into consideration with the times you gave

That means if the danger level was 0.8 cops will be able to enter the AR area around 260 seconds so the time needed to clear the AR will be around 160-180 seconds again it's right on the dot and it's tricky as I said the difference between cops and criminals at 0.8 danger level is like 3-4 players which isn't a lot and we just can't rush inside and take out everyone in 30 seconds like you said because even with organization the cop side has a big amount of new players

A common ground and a fair trade for both sides is 20 40 60 seconds as I mentioned above.

Again the suggestion is great IMO and needed but the times you have given are a lot not to mention you are restricting cops gameplay by an extra minute or more and nobody loves such restrictions
A) Don't jump to conclusions, gather sufficient evidence first.

Offline Metall

• Pirus Founder
  • L2 Staff
Show content
Show content

First you have to understand I'm not against you suggestion I just think the times you presented are huge and I believe the numbers I gave are fair for both sides criminals and cops

Taking into consideration the times you gave at around 0.8 danger level today it took us around 80-100 seconds to clean out each AR when it was 0.6 it took us around 40-50 seconds taking that into consideration with the times you gave

That means if the danger level was 0.8 cops will be able to enter the AR area around 260 seconds so the time needed to clear the AR will be around 160-180 seconds again it's right on the dot and it's tricky as I said the difference between cops and criminals at 0.8 danger level is like 3-4 players which isn't a lot and we just can't rush inside and take out everyone in 30 seconds like you said because even with organization the cop side has a big amount of new players

A common ground and a fair trade for both sides is 20 40 60 seconds as I mentioned above.

Again the suggestion is great IMO and needed but the times you have given are a lot not to mention you are restricting cops gameplay by an extra minute or more and nobody loves such restrictions

You make it sound like it's every cops absolute right to clear every AR long before it ends, it is not. Clearing every AR before it ends means there are no wanted criminals moving between AR - AR, there is less stimulation on the CnR, no criminals going for APB and so on.. The times you specified are too low and won't make any or low difference. This is because the whole point of this suggestion is to attract more criminals to come to the AR because when cops clear them in a matter of 30-50 seconds, criminals stop going to the AR and the situation worsens. And then you end up like a situation I've seen recently, where criminals simply stop playing ARs and only wait for CEs... thats not how its supposed to be.

And when more criminals decide to play the ARs more, the danger levels will go up and at times possibly this suggestion won't even be in effect.
« Last Edit: 19 10, 2023, 04:52:36 pm by Metall »