Author Topic: Server Development Voting  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Server Development Voting
« on: 20 04, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »
About a week ago I asked staff to make a topic in server development that listed all suggestions that had a rating of 50+ votes. There were about 10 suggestions then, but now there are only 3. Such a simple idea but it allowed me to focus and get things done so much more faster. So, I'm now running low on suggestions to work on.

So let me remind you all that we need your opinion, your vote counts in real-time. Even if you don't play on the server any more, or you'd consider trying the server out if it had the things you wanted. That's exactly why we're a popular server, we've made what the players want and why not see this for yourself when what you suggested or voted for gets added?

http://cit2.net/index.php?board=204.0
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Server Development Voting
« Reply #1 on: 20 04, 2013, 08:18:55 pm »
Well thanks for that, and there are too much suggestions that we want but they are gone down in suggestions because of low comments but with some positive votes. And it won't be better if we'll suggest our own suggestions here.

There are alot of really good suggestions that we want but people are posting thier suggestions as our suggestion can't be found on firts page after just some hours (Sometimes).

I have a question: Please correct me if I am wrong because I am confused "Are we here to post good suggestion which are needed (Links)"

I will post here links to the suggestion if its for that purpose or delete my post please.

Thanks.

Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Machete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: [H]Machete
  • Squad: Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #2 on: 20 04, 2013, 08:40:27 pm »
"Are we here to post good suggestion which are needed (Links)"
From what I understood Arran wants us to give our opinion (by voting) in all suggestions because CIT is a server that allows to players of every age and nationality to say their opinion and suggest something good for the community.
This is the topic which contains all suggestions with +50 positive votes:http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=71097.0

Offline StonePark

• Regular Community Member
  • Don't follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you.
  • Group: nothingToLose
  • Squad: Crime Squad
« Reply #3 on: 20 04, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »
Well, I want to add something:

Wouldn't it be better if someone makes a suggestion and for example it has 15 comments and if more than the half say 'yes' for it then the suggestion will be moved to this topic http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=71097.0?
nothingToLose since you were vitamine in apple~

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 20 04, 2013, 10:43:17 pm »
Well, I want to add something:

Wouldn't it be better if someone makes a suggestion and for example it has 15 comments and if more than the half say 'yes' for it then the suggestion will be moved to this topic http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=71097.0?

No we don't want torrents of "+1 good idea" posts, we have a +1/-1 system that is 10 times better.

Mixalis

« Reply #5 on: 20 04, 2013, 11:11:51 pm »
Yes arran good idea but if you can make 1 more list for 10 suggestions with -10 voting or -15  or something else.That can help us a lot, especialy staffs.
« Last Edit: 20 04, 2013, 11:17:08 pm by Mixalis »

psyKapa

« Reply #6 on: 21 04, 2013, 01:09:23 am »
I have one question, I don't know if this is possible, but is there any possibilities of making the post's appear for the rating that they have? For example most "popular" post's will be on the first page so more people will be able to see it.

Mixalis

« Reply #7 on: 21 04, 2013, 01:43:32 am »
I have one question, I don't know if this is possible, but is there any possibilities of making the post's appear for the rating that they have? For example most "popular" post's will be on the first page so more people will be able to see it.
Something like Messages of the Week?
Example: Enterable Leviathan by Brian92 (+55) in Server Development

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #8 on: 21 04, 2013, 05:50:16 am »
Oh yes thats nice idea because like the suggestions of the week we can see on forums's bottom.
You can make this suggestion in server Developement and it'll get much + votes.

It'll be like "The topic with most views in this Week" and "The topic with most posts in this week"

To know the most important posts.

I can't fing good posts with 50+ positive votes so can I get some good and proper suggestions' links here
because there are much Suggestion with low votes but are proper and good suggestions means scripts for these ideas are posibble.

I will modify it to add links.
« Last Edit: 21 04, 2013, 05:58:38 am by Ex_TcR »
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 21 04, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »
Yes arran good idea but if you can make 1 more list for 10 suggestions with -10 voting or -15  or something else.That can help us a lot, especialy staffs.

Anything that has negative votes will be moved to rejected as soon as possible. Or anything that doesn't have many positive votes either.

Offline Lazar.

• They hate us cus they anus!
  • Group: NorthSideMafia
  • Ingame: [NSM]Lazar>HD
  • Squad: Raven Squad
« Reply #10 on: 21 04, 2013, 03:07:43 pm »
well there were some good suggestions, but they were ignored (nobody voted ) and they were rejected.
My name is Lazar, not Laser.

$shadow$

« Reply #11 on: 21 04, 2013, 03:20:24 pm »
Anything that has negative votes will be moved to rejected as soon as possible. Or anything that doesn't have many positive votes either.
yes but there are alot of topics in last pages so old we must make some developers more. Wicj decide about suggestion fast thats it simply organization

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 21 04, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »
I've reduced the amount of server development topics to 3 pages. It should be easier to find good stuff now.

Offline Kratos

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Kratos
  • Squad: Mythic
« Reply #13 on: 21 04, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »
some players just spam +1 I like this idea
Kratos
Ex. Regular Criminal Boss
Ex.FightForHonor HeadBoss
Donator Level: 3
Tag Colour Owner

Retired CIT Player

Backflip

« Reply #14 on: 21 04, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »
some players just spam +1 I like this idea

They will get warned in forum from staff's.

Also, this is very nice Arran. By this, staff will have less work with providing which suggestions is barely supported and not supported. Humongous pages in Server Development is now checked whether Rejected or Completed/Added. Currently, the Server Development board is clean and neat. Im proud of 1 staff name Kavzor obviously because he cleaned much of the board. I respect that.

I hope to see more from staff, an a compliment, they all did a wonderful job for the community and Server Development.