Author Topic: Forum Changes Part One  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Forum Changes Part One
« on: 09 07, 2013, 02:51:25 pm »
You can now apply for a community rank which the community seem bothered about a lot because many were down voted and one was up voted to +59.

There were minimum post counts which caused some people to post whore to increase their post count. it turned out that committee boards especially ingame features has "count posts" enabled but because the forum moderators are incapable of punishing and deleting all useless posts it allowed people to fraudulently meet the the minimum post requirements easily.

Posts have been recounted and you will have lost a considerable amount of your posts because of this, especially if you're an ingame features post whore.

So which boards do count posts then? Good question, there are too many boards to even go through checking whether they count posts or not because this forum is so bloated with unnecessary boards that aren't even related to CIT.

So I'm going to go on a board deletion spree to de-bloat the forum of useless boards. Which should make it easier for us to focus on the boards that truly matter, and try to get some moderation in them, so that posts can be counted.

Boards deleted so far:
Every board that was archived. (Board, topic and posts are deleted)
Every board in daily life. (All topics moved to General Chat)
Every board in gaming in general category except the GTA stuff. (All topics moved to General Chat)

Boards that partially bloat the forum:
Enlightenment boards
Scripting boards - Is there really any use of them? Never seen any of it get added to CIT.

Counting posts has been re-enabled in all committee boards. Useless posts NEED TO BE DELETED AND POSTER GIVEN A +25 WARNING FOR #6 OR #19.
« Last Edit: 09 07, 2013, 04:32:48 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
Re: Forum Changes Part One
« Reply #1 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »
Well great as always, but I have a powerpoint about this, recently i've seen so many people that have been rejected already more than once and they still re-applying again and again, so what about making it " you can only apply once every 1 mounth " ?

It might help with managing that topic.
« Last Edit: 09 07, 2013, 03:09:45 pm by R'ounder. »

Offline Turismo

• The Slow Car
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Turismo
« Reply #2 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »
I am against removing Gaming Boards, as there are no post whores there, and it's quite organized too
And some boards in the enlightment should be kept, such as "Philosophy" and "Enlightment via Modern Media"

Edit:

<Arran> http://cit2.net/index.php?board=307.0
<Arran> 5 posts...
<Arran> WOW SUCH A USEFUL BOARD

Only Cross Fire, Call of Duty, Leage of Legends, Team Fortress should be kept then
« Last Edit: 09 07, 2013, 03:34:14 pm by Turismo »
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;"

Offline Axl

• Senior Community Member
  • Winter is coming
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: OPSV-Axl*SWAT
  • Squad: Project X
« Reply #3 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »
I am against removing Gaming Boards, as there are no post whores there, and it's quite organized too
And some boards in the enlightment should be kept, such as "Philosophy" and "Enlightment via Modern Media"
people post farmed there
on one point, people will stop replying on useless features to gain posts,
on another point I'm afraid much people will stop voting/supporting the topics in ingame features.

Offline DJ-Kil1eR

• Junior Community Member
  • Love is all.
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Kil1eR
« Reply #4 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:21:40 pm »
I'm with you in the gaming boards but why enlightment board? people who post in unrelated/post whores should get warned. How about increasing the warring level? For useless posts?

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Law Representative
« Reply #5 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »
Well thats a good news imo, I have a question.

Junior Community Members will still be able to apply for Staff now? or it'll be for RCMs now? as its now easier to reach a community rank.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
« Reply #6 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:24:38 pm »
Well thats a good news imo, I have a question.

Junior Community Members will still be able to apply for Staff now? or it'll be for RCMs now? as its now easier to reach a community rank.

Same question, because everyone will spam their staff applications >.>
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Offline Axl

• Winter is coming
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: OPSV-Axl*SWAT
  • Squad: Project X
« Reply #7 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »
Same question, because everyone will spam their staff applications >.>
people who aren't able to do a good enough application for Staff would be denied fast, I don't think it would be spammed that much

moreno9

« Reply #8 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
Good Arran. We have seen so many members posting uselless things. This way we will see who really wants to help us out.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Law Representative
« Reply #9 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »
To be honest, I think enabling posts for every board would be fine. People will always post-whore, it's just a matter where. If there is a certain board that attracts a lot of attention that also counts post, it will be post-whored. But, if you make the whole forum count posts (par General chat and Daily Life) the post-whoring will be reduced, in my opinion.
But, a larger minimum word count would be a better option to add to the CIT Committee and the General Support/Questions boards so people don't post-whore. When people post-whore in those boards, it's mainly '+1 from me great idea brings rp' and 'Try reinstall gta or mta then fixed k' that is the whoring, the rest is fine and actually useful.

Instead of being ruthless, a more initiative-like approach would be better. Plus, groups who are active again usually wanted their old sub-board back, which is now useless.
I, We all agree with this but its because of Community Ranks Application is back now people will spam boards and their friends will just vote up for them.

I (about a month ago) suggested to Open Community ranks application for some days so that those people who deserved community ranks, will achieve. No one noticed that actually it was a good suggestion but Arran never made any update which isnt good for us. So I believe its a good update or maybe Application for Community ranks should be opened for Some days so that about all active forums users can get a community rank also Read Rule 30 its just added now.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Vengeance

• Man of Letters
  • NOLA
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Vengeance
« Reply #10 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
Was one of these people, did something wrong.. and took the responsibilites and actions of it
good idea, I learned from my mistakes, Apologies.

Offline Bhavik

• Donator L2
  • Always ready to help.
  • Group: Task Force
  • Ingame: CWO-Bhavik[TF]
« Reply #11 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:41:35 pm »
This is the correct decison but many people that were made JCM or  RCM today they don't have requirements now so think about them also,as they have to be demoted or not.

powderae

« Reply #12 on: 09 07, 2013, 03:54:16 pm »
Very good updarte. and too the emotional no need for it neither cuz u have 30k memers or something and they all only say happy birthday or something like that on emotional and every day someone makes birthday so its all same all time.

but I lol cuz now u will get more wores now cuz u said about minimum post for apply lol. and I agree that some boards need deleted like emotional, the gamings ones, and mayby some other.

EDIT: and introduce urself too all say welcome or hi

Eros

« Reply #13 on: 09 07, 2013, 04:05:04 pm »
Ok but what will happen to members who got their community member status before their post gets discounted and now have 10 posts or even 2 posts ?

CorkoKiller

« Reply #14 on: 09 07, 2013, 04:07:52 pm »
Haha its so true, I too always want to give my reaction on everything
But not to be a postwhore.. more because i'm at work and react on stuff during my brakes
However it is good to see your booking some great progress @ forum and specialy ingame
Kuddo's for that