Author Topic: [SCRIPTED] Prices Catalogue  (Read 2473 times)

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
[SCRIPTED] Prices Catalogue
« on: 22 07, 2013, 01:40:56 am »
CIT Prices Catalogue

Hello all CITizen, while I was supporting, I noticed that a lot of players ask for the price of some weapons/vehicles, which was kinda annoying to ask for, and if we told them to check themselves, they start complaining about our supporting quality.

So what I am suggesting is, adding a price catalogue which allows and aids (idk if it's two words, but I mean helps :)) CIT players to check prices of guns/vehicles etc. fast.
What's are the benefits of this? Well this will reduce the spam in support chat about prices of stuff, also it's a handy tool.
Screenshots:

Download link (Will give developers the password, but I don't know who to give)
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2013, 01:45:24 am by BabY »
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline KiLwa

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: KiLwa
Re: Prices Catalogue
« Reply #1 on: 22 07, 2013, 01:48:25 am »
Pretty nice idea. Many players are asking for prices in support chat. So it would be nice for helpers to just tell them to open this GUI so they can find the price they are looking for.

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: [SCRIPTED] Prices Catalogue
« Reply #2 on: 22 07, 2013, 02:30:29 am »
I like the idea, It should be added to F1 as its important information. At the last part of F1 would appear: "Prices Catalogue"

Offline Freebird.

• New Community Member
  • Comfortably numb
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Freebird
« Reply #3 on: 22 07, 2013, 02:48:15 am »
Nice idea,maybe adding the timer and the sequence of CnR events,since some players are asking all the time,what is after MDM (example).This is very usefull idea and I agree with kmilo's suggestion because it has to be accessible to all players. since its preventing support chat spamming I will upvote this +1
Jebo vladu, jebo politiku, jebo u saboru, jebo sve njih redom

Offline BabY

« Reply #4 on: 22 07, 2013, 03:50:49 am »
Nice idea,maybe adding the timer and the sequence of CnR events,since some players are asking all the time,what is after MDM (example).This is very usefull idea and I agree with kmilo's suggestion because it has to be accessible to all players. since its preventing support chat spamming I will upvote this +1

the sequence can be found in B > Criminal Events, just add DS to the end in your head and you have the full list! Also I'd like to make this script for prices only, thanks for all votes.
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline Franco

• TSF Founder
  • Honorable
  • FORZA ITALIA!
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: [CIT]Franco
« Reply #5 on: 22 07, 2013, 04:18:07 am »
Something like this was suggested few weeks ago and yes sadly got rejected due not enough support from community. Suggestion

In my opinion a command would be really good and usefull, it would open a GUI in which you would be able to GPS  the nearest car/truck shop where you can get the car from, it should also have  a search bar so you can look for it easily.

The GUI should looks like this
                                                         |---------------------------------------------------------------------|
                                                         |                                 Search bar here                              |
                                                         |---------------------------------------------------------------------|
                                                         |Car name                    Price                Shop location          |
                                                         | ------------------------------------------------------------------- |
                                                         | Car1        100.000$    Grotti's car (Expensive Car shop)     |
                                                         | Car2        50.000$      LS Docks    (Truck Shop)                |
                                                         ----------------------------------------------------------------------

eG_Suly

« Reply #6 on: 22 07, 2013, 08:12:53 am »
How about adding this to the CITPhone rather than f1, because its more simpler and less complicated than F1.
And the icon can be like this :
Show content

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • #PositiveCIT
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
« Reply #7 on: 22 07, 2013, 08:22:26 am »
All talking about where to add it I think we need to add it in 3 places(1 command) in:
X: reason: it will be the easiest and most RP way to open it as X is what you have so it s as you are taking it from your pocket
a COMMAND (/prices) reason: it s the easiest way to use and to tell to player from suppost to put / prices
In B as surly Idea it will be as an online service
"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison

Offline BabY

« Reply #8 on: 22 07, 2013, 08:50:05 am »
Guys guys this is for X and a command only...

X > Click on you > Prices List and /prices

NOTE: Updating the appearence.
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

DeadlySehse.

« Reply #9 on: 22 07, 2013, 10:56:52 am »
Oh well, great idea this will definitely help new players and will reduce this kind of question we get everyday in support, but I guess there should be a search bar, so a player can type the name of the car, so he doesn't have to look through them all, also we get question about "Which Car-shop can I find this car in ? " So, you can maybe add this kind of information to the GUI which will make it a lot easier and useful.

How about adding this to the CITPhone rather than f1, because its more simpler and less complicated than F1.
Show content

Yah, I believe it should be added to CIT Phone, adding it to X also is a better idea, up-voted.

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #10 on: 22 07, 2013, 11:34:30 am »
Oh well, great idea this will definitely help new players and will reduce this kind of question we get everyday in support, but I guess there should be a search bar, so a player can type the name of the car, so he doesn't have to look through them all, also we get question about "Which Car-shop can I find this car in ? " So, you can maybe add this kind of information to the GUI which will make it a lot easier and useful.

Yah, I believe it should be added to CIT Phone, adding it to X also is a better idea, up-voted.

I totally dissagree. X is already full! Have you seen it? It takes me a minute to find something back, really annoying!

Anyways, I love this suggestion. I always have the support chat activated and it's always the same question "what is this price" and when we say "go to the expensive carshop" they go all chris brown on us.

Just one thing: is it possible to make a similar system for turf colors? Because people are always like: "which turf is orange?" And then many people don't know the answer :/.

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #11 on: 22 07, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
Show content

I think its better, but do we have space in the CITPhone for the icon?

Offline Arran

• Administrator
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #12 on: 22 07, 2013, 01:54:39 pm »
Any L3+ can update F1 from the website and since prices of things change it would be significantly better if you can get a L3+ these lists so they can be added to F1 instead.

Like in the format:

carPrices = [[
car1 - $x
car2 - $y
]]
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline BabY

« Reply #13 on: 22 07, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »
Well including it in CITPhone would eat space, maybe staff need more space for more stuff, it's up to staff, but I still prefer it to be listed in X menu, as there's already similar scripts like this in the X menu.

Also to those people who's saying "Include shops to it" Look at the tab names..

About the search bar, I can't really script that, but if I could I'll surely insert it.

EDIT: Arran I've just completed an array configuration table to make it easier to edit values, but it's kinda large.

EDIT2: New design (I think better)

New download link (passworded)
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2013, 02:07:26 pm by BabY »
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline Som3a

• Outstanding Community Member
  • On a whole other level
  • Group: San Andreas Pol
  • Ingame: Som3a
« Reply #14 on: 22 07, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »
Has been added.
  • Honorable
  • Chief of SAPD
  • Ex Event Manager
  • Ex Chief of Police
  • Ex L3. / L1. Staff
  • Ex PFC of the Armed Forces
  • Gentleman by day, Philosopher by night, Pervert by choice, Rebel by fate.