Author Topic: Some News  (Read 9110 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Some News
« on: 11 08, 2013, 03:58:07 pm »
We haven't had a news post for a while so I'm just going to have to talk about what's in updates.

When I feel like doing some scripting I like at Ingame Features board. Problem is there are too many topics and none of those ideas are motivating to work on and even just looking at ideas I have to spend ages warning and deleting posts for #19 and basically muting half of the forum users and by the time I'm done I've lost the energy I had because having to warn half the forum for utter selfish stupidity just makes me angry.

So I decided to just do what comes to my mind as it's better than nothing. For example the new marker style, it looks nice and it's a lot less intrusive on your screen, would never have been suggested though.

Something even more useful though is something I just added - the new transportation system. It's a super simple script yet makes life a lot easier getting around the map, this is a game, why should you have to waste your time running/driving around all the time.

Say for example if you're in San Fierro but feel like killing some zombies but the drive from SF to LS is simply too long to bother, so fun has been lost. If I can go to the nearest transport marker and then warp to the LS graveyard marker (it costs a bit of money obviously) that is much much quicker and I can now go kill zombies, thus allowing for more fun to take place.

It's like x5 simpler than the train and plane scripts which were almost never used. This will get used x100 more often and was x5 easier to script, yet nobody suggested it. Instead people would rather up-vote something useless like car wash. So I guess the moral of the story is that you should do what you want rather than what everyone else wants.

I'm still trying to get on top of bugs, I can fix about half a page in a day meaning I'll need to spend 2 weeks just getting on top of all the bugs that we've let build up and half of them are too trivial to even bother looking into.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
Re: Some News
« Reply #1 on: 11 08, 2013, 04:05:26 pm »
Something even more useful though is something I just added - the new transportation system. It's a super simple script yet makes life a lot easier getting around the map, this is a game, why should you have to waste your time running/driving around all the time.

It is good but what about Luggage? I mean cops just can abuse it and they just can go to SF from LS in some seconds just for that luggage. I just noticed that 1 marker stays near of Luggage place.
Maybe adding new script which will not let you take luggage if you used that "teleport" ? What do you think Arran?
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

wizard1001

« Reply #2 on: 11 08, 2013, 04:30:38 pm »
proto your suggest looks nice to avoid abusing I personally like it please go suggest it I nthe develoment board

zalsrevenge

« Reply #3 on: 11 08, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »
I completely agree with Arran. Most of the in-game feature suggestions are completely trivial and useless. I had no idea people would upvote that stupid car wash suggestion. It just seemed like an idiotic idea to me.

Offline Shomy

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: Team Genesis
  • Ingame: Shomy
« Reply #4 on: 11 08, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »
I already suggested to bring back IG features only for JCM+, but still just 25 votes...

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #5 on: 11 08, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »
It is good but what about Luggage? I mean cops just can abuse it and they just can go to SF from LS in some seconds just for that luggage. I just noticed that 1 marker stays near of Luggage place.
Maybe adding new script which will not let you take luggage if you used that "teleport" ? What do you think Arran?

And did you actually test to see if I haven't already added that check?

CIT has a special checking system which allows us to have like 20 different checks in 1 line.

I already suggested to bring back IG features only for JCM+, but still just 25 votes...

Problem is that those boards are one of the few boards that count posts meaning nobody can ever actually get the post count to apply for JCM.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
« Reply #6 on: 11 08, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »
And did you actually test to see if I haven't already added that check?

CIT has a special checking system which allows us to have like 20 different checks in 1 line.

To be honest I did not direct test it. I just was checking new locations and when I teleported to SF airport I found myself near of that luggage marker. There was not luggage but what could happen if any cop saw there luggage during teleporting himself? For that I just asked it here
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #7 on: 11 08, 2013, 05:51:02 pm »
Instead people would rather up-vote something useless like car wash. So I guess the moral of the story is that you should do what you want rather than what everyone else wants.

Yeah most of the updates don't even come from the ingame features section, and those that do come from there are being upvoted at first, but alot of them are then not ever used again (which is what I saw).

I think that updates part is democratic enough, and being given the opportunity to be able to suggest something and if it reaches a ridiculously high amount of approvement its likely to get implemented, is enough to live with. I think it's OK if the developers just keep adding the updates they think of, and if anything isn't liked they will most likely be notified through complaints.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Shomy

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: Team Genesis
  • Ingame: Shomy
« Reply #8 on: 11 08, 2013, 06:02:12 pm »
Problem is that those boards are one of the few boards that count posts meaning nobody can ever actually get the post count to apply for JCM.
Dunno, but I think old system was better when members was posting tutorials, helping in support board, putting interests in General discussions, now they mostly posting in ig features to "farm" their posts, even they didn't wrote anything "smart".

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #9 on: 11 08, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »
When I feel like doing some scripting I like at Ingame Features board. Problem is there are too many topics and none of those ideas are motivating to work on and even just looking at ideas I have to spend ages warning and deleting posts for #19 and basically muting half of the forum users and by the time I'm done I've lost the energy I had because having to warn half the forum for utter selfish stupidity just makes me angry.

Well, I've actually had to close about 35 suggestions since being able to come back, and all of them were rubbish ( minus voted ) and unsupported, so I can understand being demotivated by all the silly suggestions. I've seen about 6 zombie suggestions, all of them wanted to add payments to kills ... I facepalmed quite alot to be frank.

There are alot of topics, that's true. Many players simply disregard the rules and post identical suggestions without checking and / or make vague suggestions about how they want x for y, asking for stuff which promotes imbalance and stuff ..

Well, you shouldn't have to do that in all honesty, we know you have way more important stuff to do, if you have to warn a billion users, you're not able to do what you want to do, so I'd understand the anger. Also, we have L3 staff who can warn ... I still remember that 1 week where I warned like 30 people over 2 days for absurd ammounts of '' +1 I agree is good, I like '' ... but if we have them and you still have to warn .. then they're obviously not doin enough warning or there's not enough L3 .. one of the 2.

But yeah, understandable.

I like the new markers, it's like they're there but not so obvious or / and in your face, it's more natural and simplified, like it alot. About having to moderate instead of scripting ( warning, bug reports ), it's not like we're short of staff so, some of us need to do more and do it better.
« Last Edit: 11 08, 2013, 06:26:00 pm by Rabbid Rabbit »
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #10 on: 11 08, 2013, 06:44:01 pm »
Perhaps disabling postcount being shown in the user information which would stop people post-whoring thinking they are getting respect.
Which is just a quick removal of a line in display_template.php
<--------- the side
and then give the community member ranks based on there constructive posts like in the old times but to keep it easy and not take up alot of work there's a mod which could perhaps make certain usergroups requestable and then given by an L3+ (just that one usergroup not others)
« Last Edit: 11 08, 2013, 06:48:48 pm by Zach »
I miss nr7

Susano

« Reply #11 on: 11 08, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »
Perhaps disabling postcount being shown in the user information which would stop people post-whoring thinking they are getting respect.
Which is just a quick removal of a line in display_template.php
<--------- the side
and then give the community member ranks based on there constructive posts like in the old times but to keep it easy and not take up alot of work there's a mod which could perhaps make certain usergroups requestable and then given by an L3+ (just that one usergroup not others)
I agree on this one, To many players are to self conscious on how many posts they have or there involvement in the community I can say for my self I to once upon a time cared for my post count but now it doesnt matter. Let them show if they truly want to help, they can do it without being judged on a number.

Offline Will

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Soldiers
  • Ingame: ~|S|~Will
« Reply #12 on: 11 08, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »
Cool, I tried out the transport system, I like it, much easier to get around when I am without a vehicle, although I would like to see a marker on the minimap because it would make shit much easier.
Also, about people spamming the ingame features board, I would suggest that you must have a minimum of 100 words or you can't post. It would be exactly like how you can't post less than 2 words/15 characters, except exclusive to the ingame features board only. 100 words isn't a lot, and it takes AT LEAST 100 words to write a good, constructive reply/topic.
Whenever I look at CM rank apps, I always look at the top 10 boards they post on, and 75% of the people with around 40-50 posts that apply will have 90% of those posts coming from that board, and they're all shitty replies.

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #13 on: 11 08, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »
Well you've the experience to give us things that we don't even think about, I really appreciate what you did, honestly I liked that new transport system, because in the old one I find it too hard to travel from SF to LS or from SF to LV (and the vice versa), but now it'll be easier, especially in urgent cases.

Good job and keep it up.

Corleone

« Reply #14 on: 11 08, 2013, 11:29:35 pm »
Personally, I feel certain people shouldn't be allowed to post in Ingame Features. Or maybe you could apply for the right to post in that board.