Author Topic: Some News  (Read 9109 times)

GLAYIS

Re: Some News
« Reply #15 on: 12 08, 2013, 02:02:48 am »
Or maybe you could apply for the right to post in that board.

That would be too much.I actually use the train, but still, that marker saves a lot of time

Saiven

« Reply #16 on: 12 08, 2013, 11:37:42 am »
A restriction should be added for create a new topic like > only +JCM can create a topic with a minimum of 150 words.

Also, in my opinion, the main problem are the moderators, except Rabbid Rabbid, I don't see often the others moderators. Topic like this http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=90231.0 should be automatically locked. How about the Ingame Supporter (?) have the ability to manage this board also? (delete useless posts + warning)

eG_Suly

« Reply #17 on: 12 08, 2013, 12:07:59 pm »
Well I already suggested about adding increasing characters to reply in the in game features board since most of the  people whom are new to the forums will post useless replies, but I guess it's not applicable and players can also post long and non constructive to the development of that idea.

Imagine that you just spent 4 - 5 days making a script, you really worked hard in it and it works perfectly and you want to post it in the in game features board for people's votes upon it, well as we have more than 5 topics every 1 hour where as most of them are bullshit / not-possible suggestions, and boom, your suggestion is on the next page where no one will even bother to go there, I suggest adding more moderators (trusted members), seeing how staff are constantly busy, how about adding trusted members to moderate the in game features whom aren't staff.

I really wanted to say something about the zombie land, firstly a blip should be held there, a custom blip that can be something like this
Show content
secondly just moving around killing zombies with no reward can be boring for the first 20 minutes, since people won't want to lose their ammo without any reward and progress, I believe there was a suggestion about adding waves which will get harder each time, with "some" reward that makes up some the ammo you payed for in each, would be awesome.

spy102

« Reply #18 on: 13 08, 2013, 11:32:17 pm »

Problem is that those boards are one of the few boards that count posts meaning nobody can ever actually get the post count to apply for JCM.

Mm... I also loved the ingame futures when it was for JCM+ only, how about adding a board that admins ask IRL questions and when answering wrong your post will be deleted and won't count as a post count if you answered wrong.

Will increase the fun, also the knowledge of our members.

The questions could be a part of the game, part of the PC, somethings that are included to the net and the gameplay could be scripts, it's just an idea that just came on my mind ^^.

Evil4N

« Reply #19 on: 14 08, 2013, 02:42:59 am »

So I decided to just do what comes to my mind as it's better than nothing.

lol, when there is 50+ votes you should check the possibilities and implement it or get others to do it, atleast leave your unrelevant feelings out of it
« Last Edit: 14 08, 2013, 02:45:42 am by ZechZ »

Evil4N

« Reply #20 on: 14 08, 2013, 07:16:07 am »
"Get others to do it" I suppose you don't mean yourself by others?

Are you implying I am ungratefull ? That is a big accusation since CIT's punishment for "ungratefull" is a permanent ban.

And to answer your question: I am not part of the development-team:

Whatever gets the most up votes will probably be worked on first by a developer.

raygun

« Reply #21 on: 14 08, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »
Very interesting updates. Keep it up. Let's bring CIT to the top of all the server of MTA. I know it's on the top. BUt make it like that so there won't be any better.

G.Recon

« Reply #22 on: 14 08, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »
Imagine that you just spent 4 - 5 days making a script, you really worked hard in it and it works perfectly and you want to post it in the in game features board for people's votes upon it, well as we have more than 5 topics every 1 hour where as most of them are bullshit / not-possible suggestions, and boom, your suggestion is on the next page where no one will even bother to go there,

Hm... I agree with you. I've seen some really good suggestions that just get washed over by a flood of "bullshit/ not-possible suggestions" to the other page and get forgotten extremely quickly. Nobody ever bothers to look at the next pages of the in-game features board. I had to resist the urge to bump the topic up so that it could be noticed again because if I bump something up, I'd be breaking forum rules or repeating something I had said in my previous posts... and THAT is a bit NO NO!

I've read some replies that were suggesting that we should turn the in-game features board accessible to JCM+ only. I think that's a terrible idea because the people of CIT would lose their "voice" and there wouldn't be any new ideas coming into the server, thus slowing the development of CIT.

If possible, would it be a good idea to just create a new and separate in-game features board which only JCM+ can post in? Do you guys get what I'm saying?

So there's the normal in-game features (suggestion board for those new posters/forum users) and then there's the community members in-game features (suggestion board for those who are JCM+). That way the new people wouldn't lose their "voice" and the community members can look at the normal suggestions board to get their ideas and develop it into something more constructive. Then once the idea is developed, the community member can post it on the community members suggestion board.

I know what you staffs are thinking... "Another board = more rule breakers = more warnings to give".
Well, I think that most of the community members can compose themselves. They've been in the forums for quite some time now to know what is right and wrong and it would be less likely for us to break any rules. Therefore, (hopefully) there wouldn't be much rule breaking happening in the community members suggestion board (if implemented).

In addition to my suggestion to creating a new community member suggestion board, as someone said earlier, maybe we could appoint a trusted member of the community to manage the board? (Does not necessarily have to be staff but the trusted member must be mature and sensible) That way the community members would not obstruct you, staffs, from the work you are doing and we, the community members, will manage ourselves.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #23 on: 14 08, 2013, 02:51:40 pm »
lol, when there is 50+ votes you should check the possibilities and implement it or get others to do it, atleast leave your unrelevant feelings out of it

Excuse me?

You're trying to tell me what to do and that my feelings are "unrelevant"?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Evil4N

« Reply #24 on: 14 08, 2013, 03:46:50 pm »
Excuse me?

You're trying to tell me what to do and that my feelings are "unrelevant"?

You wrote this topic right ? http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=28651.0

In this guide you tell players that all it needs are 50+ votes to get a developer to look at their suggestion,  however in the opening post of this topic you are implying to ignore this procedure because you are not motivated enough.

Therefor I made a post to say there are also others (others = development team) who you can forward to handle the suggestions.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 14 08, 2013, 06:08:04 pm »
Of course there are other developers but the primary work load has generally come from me especially when it comes to high rated suggestions which at one point when that first topic was made, I scripted every popular suggestion.

DeadlySehse.

« Reply #26 on: 17 08, 2013, 04:35:47 pm »
So I decided to just do what comes to my mind as it's better than nothing.

Like the Computer hacking script, it's their for weeks now and it has more than 200+ , I am one of the players who actually wants to see this script running, it will add lots of fun to the game, I hope.

Anyway, the marker script was a great one, I usually disable it because I couldn't see the marker sometimes when I am away, but yah it's great.

Hoping for the best!

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 17 08, 2013, 04:45:21 pm »
No not the computer hacking script. Clearly I don't feel like doing it else I would have done it.