Author Topic: Changes to DM rule  (Read 10651 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Changes to DM rule
« on: 25 08, 2013, 02:10:58 pm »
Yesterday on #staff I was talking about how my initial idea for that luggage delivery script was that it would have been a slow moving object like Team Fortress 2's Payload missions as this would allow players to stop for a gun fight rather than trying to keep up with somebody in a car. To that somebody replied "criminals would get jailed for DM" and to a certain extent that is right, due to this thing that staff do where they watch kill log and if the circumstances of a killing are 'questionable' they warp to the killer and ask them why they did that, I don't think it's very good.

For those of you who've been around a long time you might remember when I once changed the DM rule to allow criminals to attack police at any time for any reason. The cops whined about it too much and I had to change it back. Though now, we have /afk to avoid being randomly killed and if you actually play as cop and look at the amount of 5+ star criminals on, you'll be surprised.

For example yesterday when I added it, 714 players, guess how many of them had 5+ stars? 3. Or when I was playing cop a few days ago? 1. So there are hundreds of cops, and only 1-5 criminals even worth going after? Not good. Probably because all the criminals are either getting jailed by cops, getting admin jailed by staff or simply not even committing crimes.

So really, by allowing criminals to kill any cop at any time for any reason we are helping the police by giving them something to do and taking a big worry off the criminals that they might get admin jailed or banned for deathmatching because they killed a cop.

Now you can go on a cop killing spree like I just did:

Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

camorra

Re: Changes to DM rule
« Reply #1 on: 25 08, 2013, 02:24:50 pm »
and finally great idea arran ty very much  ^-^

Offline Will

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Soldiers
  • Ingame: ~|S|~Will
« Reply #2 on: 25 08, 2013, 02:33:00 pm »
Time to have some fun >:D
Now we can finally kill cops without worry.

Bet cops will be whining by tomorrow though.

commandos

« Reply #3 on: 25 08, 2013, 02:50:15 pm »
It's a nice idea to get  it back as a cop I will find more AP, but if a small addition could be added that "cops are allowed to aim on 0 stars/wl criminal would be great and fair enough.  :)

Eduard

« Reply #4 on: 25 08, 2013, 02:55:22 pm »
Glad to see that!

Thanks Arran for this great update! <3

Rocky#

« Reply #5 on: 25 08, 2013, 02:59:48 pm »
I see many cops QQing because of this and senseless reports. I honestly see no reason for them to disagree with it as they are getting more criminals to arrest. Anyways, nice update and video.

eG_Suly

« Reply #6 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »
I generally liked this update, one of the best updates that actually changed how I play in CIT, before, I wouldn't go to LS much, just for the criminal events, because whenever I kill a cop, they always say "reported" whereas I not sure I should kill him or not, I mean, criminals are criminals, you don't go checking for cops if there are chasing you or not.

And if people wondering what payload in TF2 is, I have provided a video below.
Show content

superr

« Reply #7 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »
When I saw this update I was fucking happy  ;D ;D
Finally.. Thanks so much Arran to change the DM rule

Offline Shehabos

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »
It's a good rule but sometimes it isn't good let me tell you an example
we were doing an convoy training with our enforcers and criminals came and killed us since the rule is removed for criminals
well that's ok , but what about if they destroyed our convoy training ? well that is considered as trolling and we can't report since the criminals shot us and killed us.
in that moment I can say  to make something to this. what if  we make an training everyday a criminal(s) will come and destroy the training by killing us.

mrbrutus1456

« Reply #9 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »
we were doing an convoy training with our enforcers and criminals came and killed us since the rule is removed for criminals
well that's ok , but what about if they destroyed our convoy training ? well that is considered as trolling and we can't report since the criminals shot us and killed us.
in that moment I can say  to make something to this. what if  we make an training everyday a criminal(s) will come and destroy the training by killing us.
Also wondered about this part, I thought the main problem with the old rule was all the misunderstandings, that criminals didn´t know whenever they where allowed to kill cops or not, this seems like new possibility's to troll and ruin trainings and get away with it. Since the old rule actually said that criminals where allowed to kill cops that chased them while they where wanted or if they wanted to protect their group members it´s not the rule who caused the problem, it was more about the fact that it didn´t work to include enough evidence in the report screenshots, which lead to unfair punishments just like some death matchers got away without punishment.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »
It's a nice idea to get  it back as a cop I will find more AP, but if a small addition could be added that "cops are allowed to aim on 0 stars/wl criminal would be great and fair enough.  :)

You can do that if you want.

The Amazonic

« Reply #11 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:53:03 pm »
This change is actually good, just not for me. :c I'm usually playing as detective and always do detective work, I never hunt criminals, only if they're interrupting my work and even then I try avoiding it. Ah well, have to live with it.

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #12 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:53:20 pm »
I'm assuming that you can't do it while the law is doing a training or even in there base as it would come under trolling since the cops aren't actually trying to arrest criminals though it would be hard to prove it either way before this was implemented.
I miss nr7

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #13 on: 25 08, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »
Well this update solved so many issues, since imma playing as a cop I always aimed/wanted to get more APs I would find it easy more than before to get it, and for criminals I remember a while ago so many got banned due for aiming/killing a cop with a non star, moreover it brings more fun as I saw recently in game.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 25 08, 2013, 04:21:08 pm »

And what is the point in a convoy if it doesn't get attacked... The whole point in a convoy is that it's protection for something special or important being transported. So when you get attacked, you stop and fight back...