Author Topic: Increasing amount of people that can participate in a CE  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Lucifer

• The Devil
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hello there.

I will try to make it as short as possible, so simply the idea is "Increasing amount of people that can participate in a criminal event ", so of course I got reasons to suggest this.
When the other maps got added ( 'Drug Factory Robbery' or 'Bank Robbery' or 'Police Department Raid' ) the amount of people that started participating these events increased A lot!, it isn't like 20 or 30 going there in the same it, it is 40-60 all the time!, for criminals people be lucky to get in, I mean....
A screenshot will explain all this.
Show content
Imagine all these people jumping in the same time to get into the criminal event, you'll have a low chance getting in there, so if you be 2 seconds late you would already miss the event, so that's why I suggested this, increasing the participants limit, so the number can be chosen by Arran, but I recommend it being 30 or so

The only problem here is lag, people might have lag because the amount of people is a lot and the criminal event being kind of crowded, but this problem doesn't occur to majority for sure, not everyone got a bad PC, so this is the only disadvantage for people.

Why am I suggesting this?;
Well, I want to suggest it because it is almost impossible to join an event, it's crowded outside all the time, if you go there few seconds late you wont be able to join.
And it will be more fun to have a crowded place to fight, at least it is fun for me, and some of my friends, dunno about others but it seem fun
And to give others a chance to enter the event whenever they want, so even if they be late for a few seconds it wont be a problem for them.

Thank you for reading.

xb0xkilla162

Re: Increasing amount of people that can participate in a CE
« Reply #1 on: 05 03, 2015, 09:53:41 pm »
I think the criminal event system should change the maximum allowed to enter based on what the total playercount is. This way it can account for all times of the day.

Let's say it's nighttime (well nighttime for me, playercount usually at 200-300). Okay we'll limit it to 20 v 20.

What if the playercount goes over 500?
When it reaches 20 v 20 the timer will automatically drop to 1 minute, and then it can go as high as 30v30 or 40v40. Still, you'd keep the "fair balance" script where criminals cannot exceed cops by any more than 2 (or whatever it is).

Then there's people who will bring up the lag argument. I'd like to ask this: back when we had that less powerful server (2012/2013), with criminal events that had attendance in the HUNDREDS, where were the lag complaints? We had people, including myself, playing in these events at 15 to 20 FPS. But you know what? We still had FUN.

Offline Shanx.

• Donator L1
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 05 03, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »
I'm simply upvoting this, because of this:
Show content
and this:
Show content

20 its really low amount for the European and Asian time zones, the event getting full in 10-20 seconds after previous event finished.
 It's should be like 30.

Offline Lucifer

• The Devil
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 05 03, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »
I think the criminal event system should change the maximum allowed to enter based on what the total playercount is. This way it can account for all times of the day.

Let's say it's nighttime (well nighttime for me, playercount usually at 200-300). Okay we'll limit it to 20 v 20.

What if the playercount goes over 500?
When it reaches 20 v 20 the timer will automatically drop to 1 minute, and then it can go as high as 30v30 or 40v40. Still, you'd keep the "fair balance" script where criminals cannot exceed cops by any more than 2 (or whatever it is).

Then there's people who will bring up the lag argument. I'd like to ask this: back when we had that less powerful server (2012/2013), with criminal events that had attendance in the HUNDREDS, where were the lag complaints? We had people, including myself, playing in these events at 15 to 20 FPS. But you know what? We still had FUN.

But the question is, is it possible to change limits based on online players? I agree on all of the things you said I just changed my computer recently, I played with my old computer for a year+ with that 25- FPS, but I still enjoyed criminal events, especially old times when there was no Armed robberies, I used to play with a bad FPS, but enjoyed it a lot, I was addicted to it lol, even though I was just a newbie.
I don't know things about scripting and so, but if this thing is possible then it would be awesome in my opinion!

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #4 on: 05 03, 2015, 10:09:28 pm »
Seeing as that we have that alternate reload system that kicks in once the playercount reaches 800, I'm quite sure there's a function to see what the server playercount is. Then a check for what the function returns to see if it's above or below 500. I don't know shit about scripting, this is a rough guess.

Offline Electro97

• Junior Community Member
  • Ingame: Electro'97
« Reply #5 on: 06 03, 2015, 02:38:30 am »
Dude ... In a CE like PDR do u find place to shoot or even aim and if it is in br or dfr and there is alot of other things rly its hard to play like 30vs30 did u though about the blocking that will happen ,personally while I am in PDR and 15vs13 I can't kill any one except by rushing and try to kill and also maybe killed ,Downvote

Apartment & Zone Mapper ,GFX Designer ,Shaders Designer

Offline Farhan

• Official CE & AR Map Editor
  • L3 Staff
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Farhan
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #6 on: 06 03, 2015, 04:49:49 am »
Dude ... In a CE like PDR do u find place to shoot or even aim and if it is in br or dfr and there is alot of other things rly its hard to play like 30vs30 did u though about the blocking that will happen ,personally while I am in PDR and 15vs13 I can't kill any one except by rushing and try to kill and also maybe killed ,Downvote
Srsly bro? You are down voting because of only PDR and what about DFR and BR and MDM?Well as we can see the event just started in 10sec while the other just end and a bounch of people left behind so it will make more fun and opportunities for the others too to join the event any how I am supporting this suggestion.

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
« Reply #7 on: 06 03, 2015, 06:53:49 am »
Oh, not this again. Instead of trying to make peoples fps better, you're just ruining it. 30 vs 30? are you serious? I still get 15-20 fps when there are 10-15 criminals left, which is when I can only play due to not being limited anymore, and you're suggesting to make it even worse.

Yes, maybe some ppl got "Wooden PC", but mine is good enough to play any game, multiplayer games just drop your fps because of there are so many scripts, buildings(CITy) and so on.

Why we can't simply make it in 2-3 dimensions and the entrance will just stay the same.. make it like MDM, PDR, DFR will start in 1 time, all of them, with just 15 players on each side, that's my own addition because of the low fps. People will be entering CE, some of them will join MDM, some will be in PDR and DFR. Would also fix many peoples fpsdrop problem and also the CE will have like 45 cops n' crims on each side, just separated into another dimensions and criminal events.
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Darkness.exe

« Reply #8 on: 06 03, 2015, 09:50:31 am »
I agree with this but I'll propose another suggestion just in case: If a player joins a CE, he is forced to skip the next CE.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 06 03, 2015, 03:15:38 pm »
Modified max player count to be based on player count:

< 400: 15
> 400: 20
> 800: 25
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.