Author Topic: [+++] Law units being able to damage each other inside of the Law Farm.  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Goku

• Junior Community Member
  • Time is precious, "waste" it wisely.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Goku[FBI]
it makes your hp 0 but you dont die just as we have the command /repair add a command where you gain full health+armour or just full health so you can continue training without respawning outside of lawfarm and re-entering again
That would still be a problem for the Role-Playing scenarios as the characters wouldn't really "die" or be "killed off" even after reaching 0 HP, also I am doubtful if that is even possible to script.
I have a workaround for the hustle [re-spawning outside the Law Farm every time you are killed and then having to re-enter]; I propose that the script be coded in such a way, if possible, that if you are killed by another player inside the Law Farm dimension, you re-spawn INSIDE it rather than outside at the entrance. If that's not possible and the script can only be made so that you either re-spawn inside the Law Farm or outside regardless of how you die [whether you're killed or you use /kill], then the spawn-point can be set inside the interior because one can always use /leaveevent to exit instead of using /kill or committing suicide in some other way.

“No chains on my feet, since I learned to fly
I see your empty eyes, guess they mean goodbye
But every passing day, makes me understand
That everything I needed, was inside my hands”

Offline Snuffy

• New Community Member
  • In the land of the free, nothing comes for free
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Snuffy[FBI]
That would still be a problem for the Role-Playing scenarios as the characters wouldn't really "die" or be "killed off" even after reaching 0 HP, also I am doubtful if that is even possible to script..
I dont think it would cause any issue regarding the Role-play situation, the person can simply use in-game animations though it may have slight delay, it would still comprehend that the person is dead or lying on the ground acting as dead,
furthermore role-play is diminishing from the server, I dont know any other group other than FBI that conducts role-plays, most of the Groups use law farm as a place for road block or driving.

also I am doubtful if that is even possible to script.

As for the coding part we need developer's insight so that we can work on the idea together, to pick different scenarios and develop the best possible one, we can even go through Problem Solving techniques, that is
  • defining the problem
  • developing the algorithm
  • coding the program
  • testing and debugging
  • and the last step implementing

« Last Edit: 13 06, 2020, 07:56:12 am by abudllahzamir »

Offline Goku

• Junior Community Member
  • Time is precious, "waste" it wisely.
  • Ingame: Goku[FBI]
I dont think it would cause any issue regarding the Role-play situation, the person can simply use in-game animations though it may have slight delay, it would still comprehend that the person is dead or lying on the ground acting as dead,
furthermore role-play is diminishing from the server, I dont know any other group other than FBI that conducts role-plays, most of the Groups use law farm as a place for road block or driving.
The animations can already be used right now without the implementation of the suggestion. Most of the people these days are not efficient with using animations for Role-Playing scenarios, especially when it comes to using death animations, and on top of that there is ping and human-reaction delay as well. That is just my opinion, and I stand by it.

As for the coding part we need developer's insight so that we can work on the idea together
It may be possible to code it, but it is just not realistic. I mean there are other sorts of trainings going on inside the Law Farm too where it's possible for one or more of the attendants to die, it would just not make sense for them not to. I have already provided an alternative for this issue where whenever you die inside the Law Farm, you re-spawn back INSIDE it at the entrance. That ought to save everyone from the hustle.

“No chains on my feet, since I learned to fly
I see your empty eyes, guess they mean goodbye
But every passing day, makes me understand
That everything I needed, was inside my hands”

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Jaguar
  • Squad: CCC
Hey, I like the idea of yours to enable the friendly fire inside the law farm, it's because it would be used more often by the law groups to do some training like team death match or group vs group training. I will definitely give this suggestion a Positive vote.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Unity

• Senior Community Member
  • si la vida te da la espalda, mírale el culo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Unity
After reviewing your suggestion, we obtained the following results:

- 32 positive votes.
- 0 negative votes.
- 1 neutral votes.

The topic kept receiving support after the last review, so we are marking it as high priority again.

Ass or tits?

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
Law farm/Law dimension was created for law units to go into it and practice their personal training, whether its vehicle training, aircraft training, para jumping etc. For now, we can only train our combat skills by either going to LV Death match area or by just going criminal/gangster. Another way is to go into paintball arena, where we can just train our aim, and we are restricted to that area.

However, the above mentioned approaches are not enough and efficient, because we lose out real life combat scenarios on different parts of the maps.
Adding the said feature will help us practice our combat training in any place of the map (In law dimension) without any further issues.

With that being said, I am totally Positive on this suggestion.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.