Author Topic: How is the iPhone X worth it?  (Read 4163 times)

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: B K R S
How is the iPhone X worth it?
« on: 05 11, 2017, 02:31:49 pm »
How is the iPhone X worth it? (If it is)

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they (Apple) expect me to spend $1500 bucks on a device that incorporates some innovative niches but lacks several features that I have on my much cheaper iPhone 7 that will probably serve me well for years to come. Yeah here in Europe this X thing costs €1350 for the 256GB model.

Like... Is it made for US customers only since living standards tend to be higher there on average? Or is it some kind of an exclusive gadget for high rollers that's largely impractical but kinda rare too? To me it seems like it's not worth the money at all because it ditches the ever so convenient Touch ID feature which is replaced with a not-so-reliable IRIS scanner. And then there's the lack of a home button which forces you to brandish your thumb oddly all over the huge ass bezelless screen to execute simple tasks like... returning to the damn home screen or managing multi-tasking.

Someone tell me, who should buy this phone and why? Maybe one of you out there already has one (for some odd reason). Personally I'd rather wait a couple of years until they manage to incorporate Touch ID and place it under the screen or something... Because Face ID sounds very inconvenient to me.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 05 11, 2017, 02:35:46 pm by Tiigër »

Offline Alexcho

• Senior Community Member
  • ex-CS, ex-SO, ex-PAM
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: Alexcho
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Re: How is the iPhone X worth it?
« Reply #1 on: 05 11, 2017, 07:34:32 pm »
Well, I have iPhone 7 and don't mind upgrading to X, it costs so much here in Bulgaria and if we have to compare the monthly payment in Bulgaria, that phone isn't for everyone. For sure I will stay with my iPhone 7 at least one year more and we will see after that.  ???

Offline HassoN

• R.I.P. 2013-2017
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: HassoN
« Reply #2 on: 05 11, 2017, 07:41:27 pm »
Buy galaxy S8, you pay much less, yet you get more features.
The proud founder and lead developer of CIT FiveM
https://cit5.net/
https://discord.io/CITV

guest21036

« Reply #3 on: 07 11, 2017, 02:12:40 pm »
Buy galaxy S8, you pay much less, yet you get more features.

no.

iPhone 7 right ? then why not use it for 2 more years until you feel that phone is old enough ? iPhone X's price will become a bit lower too.

Offline tiigs

• New Community Member
  • Group: B K R S
« Reply #4 on: 09 11, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »
If you like to keep up with the best of the best then it’s a worthy upgrade, especially if you are upgrading from a much older phone. Once you get past the large screen and cameras, the phone is actually pretty hard to convince someone to buy compared to the 7 or 8.

Yeah and I'm thinking maybe it's worth waiting a couple of years, maybe they will put the fingerprint reader under the screen or maybe even inside the lock button like on the new Razer phone (which is sick by the way).

Also I've had the chance to try the X since writing the OP and I have to say gestures & multitasking mechanics are actually very convenient so I'll take some of my words back. But the (lack of) bezel isn't all that impressive to me because the side bezels are still a little too wide to call it a completely bezelless phone (like the Essential Phone is for example). It's a big upgrade from old fat iPhone bezels but some 2017 phones have even thinner bezels and significantly better screens. And yet those are notably cheaper than the X.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #5 on: 15 11, 2017, 12:00:40 am »
I currently own an iPhone 6s, and I'm considering jumping to an 8. The X seems cool and all but it's way out of my budget.

Offline Shadow_

• USNS Leader
  • It Pays to be a Winner.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: US_Navy_SEALs
  • Ingame: Shadow#USNS
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #6 on: 17 11, 2017, 08:39:04 pm »
that's not true

Unfortunately, its true

Is it worth the price or not? even every youtube review of the iphone X, people said YOU the consumer decide that

It has many futures for sure, something unique than the other iphones (face id, all front touch screen, wireless charging..etc)
but we all agree its a bit over pricey, but still, i'm willing to buy it (since I have an iphone 6, its about time.)
« Last Edit: 17 11, 2017, 08:41:16 pm by Shadow_ »

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver"

Short Introduction.

Offline Mr.EgE

• Junior Community Member
  • If You Dream It , you can do It Baby <3
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Mr.EgE
« Reply #7 on: 17 11, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »
I currently own an iPhone 6s, and I'm considering jumping to an 8. The X seems cool and all but it's way out of my budget.
Yeah man, I'm agree with you.It(iPhone X) hasn't good desing, iPhone 8 better than iPhone X in my opinion.(Design)
But X better than 8 about  In terms of feature

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #8 on: 17 11, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
Take a look at Doogee Mix 2; a $200ish Chinese phone that can do everything iPhone X can do (including FaceID), but better http://www.doogee.cc/detail/mix-series-bezel-less-smartphone/122

The smartphone market has been missing innovative leap nowadays that the only major difference in prices is usually determined just by the branding. I guess iPhone X is worth it when you prefer iOS over Android or you want to stay with the state-of-the-art.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #9 on: 17 11, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
Let's wait until the phone is actually released to know if it's really "better".
Nah. Android is always better. :P #bias

Seriously though, one iPhone X cost about ~$350 to build and they sell it with almost 300% profit margin from that. Technically, that Doogee phone is comparable to iPhone X but with less pricey SoC, screen, and camera. But yea, considering the amount of researches Apple had to conduct to build the phone, it's fair to say that X may have better subtle qualities than its competitions.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Online Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
  • Former Head State Official (2016-2020)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: [CIT]Denos|AC
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #10 on: 17 11, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »
Just my opinion of course, but I don't think iPhone X is worth paying $1000+

I have Galaxy S6, paid $200 and love it, may not have all that face recognition stuff, really comes down to the user, whether they want that and will pay more to get it
Former President & CEO of AvidaCompany

Offline PekPek

• Keep it blank.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pekka
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #11 on: 07 12, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »
I bought an iPhone X a week ago, and when I use the calculator, it is very lag once, we have to be patient, I think it should be upgraded again, and I intend to sell it and buy Samsung Galaxy Note8 because this is very good.
feeling hopeless because your friend calling you a coward? no problem man you still have many friends in CIT <3

Offline PekPek

• Keep it blank.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pekka
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #12 on: 15 12, 2017, 09:54:37 am »
Have you updated your phone? That calculator issue was fixed in iOS 11.2
already sold, and at that time I have not updated at all
feeling hopeless because your friend calling you a coward? no problem man you still have many friends in CIT <3

Offline Epozide

• coke addict
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Epozide
  • Squad: 404
« Reply #13 on: 05 01, 2018, 10:26:33 pm »
I have an iPhone 6. iOS 11 is trash on it despite all new features. I look forward to upgrade soon, either iPhone X or nothing. iPhone 6s, 7, and 8 look too similar.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline UlasDO

• Meme Necromancer
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Tauros
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #14 on: 20 01, 2018, 05:58:14 pm »
If your topic hasn't been posted in for 15 days then it'll get locked instantly.