Author Topic: [++] Addition of Country Super Advert  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Otto

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Otto
[++] Addition of Country Super Advert
« on: 08 01, 2022, 09:32:36 pm »
Hello, the idea is to add superadvert equivalent exclusive for your country, may not be useful for most countries but it will surely be useful for TR, EG, and TN players as the majority of players are from these three countries. About the pricing, it should work like the current superadvert pricing system which multiplies the amount of players that are able to see your advert and 100$ if I remember correctly.

Quoting Danzy's comment here as his comment provided essential information that my suggestion lacked

Gonna add some further details to help with development of this suggestion.

The chatbox message would look as follows: (<country> ADVERT) <playerName>: <message>
The '<country ADVERT>' would be colored based on what you made your "Country Chat Color" from /settings is set to, if nothing is set there, then the color would be the same as the current superadverts system.
And since multiple countries are combined together into one chat, that <country> would be replaced with the combined code and shown only to the people whose IP is inside those countries, and if it's not a combined country chat, it would just show their normal country and to the players inside that country.
(TRAZ ADVERT) would only be shown to Turkish and Azerbaijani players
(Ex-Yu ADVERT) would only be shown to Croatians, Serbians, Bosnians and Slovenians
(EN ADVERT) would only be shown to the English speaking countries like the UK, US, Canada
(EG ADVERT) would only be shown to Egyptians, you get my point.
Inside chat management GUI (for ICM and Staff) these should be listed as '<country> advert' so that we can take actions if necessary.

The cost for these adverts should not be the same as the current superadverts, rather it should cost like this <amount of players inside that country not AFK> * $150, this way adverting inside your country is cheaper since not as many players see the adverts.

The command for this should be /cadvert, the 'c' meaning 'country', the lack of 'super' inside that command is so that there's a lesser chance of someone mistaking /csuperadvert and /superadvert.

A setting to turn it off and on is also needed, just like the current superadverts.
« Last Edit: 20 01, 2022, 09:01:35 am by HosttyBoy »

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Barcode

• Senior Community Member
  • There is a first time for everything
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Avida Company
  • Ingame: Barcode
  • Squad: The_Society
Re: Addition of Country Super Advert
« Reply #1 on: 08 01, 2022, 09:40:25 pm »
It can be useful, cause lots of local group use the country chat to advert for groups. Moreover people can use there to trade or funny things. We can use it via -/csuperadvert. So my vote is  :tick:

Offline sando

• Donator L3
  • I like stakes.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: sando
« Reply #2 on: 08 01, 2022, 11:19:01 pm »
Hello, Its a nice thing to have a country superadvert, in it you can type on your country language not only English, in the main superadvert other languages than English is not allowed, so the country chat superadvert will also help new players to understand and know things, it motivate them to do such things in the advert. Positive :tick:
Ex Nothing. :o7:

Offline AhToXa

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
  • Ingame: Ahtoxa/LStoner
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #3 on: 09 01, 2022, 01:57:41 am »
it will surely be useful for TR, EG, and TN players as the majority of players are from these three countries..
Not only for these countries! My group based on Russian players, most of them don’t understand English language! Will be great if we can advertise on Russian! POSITIVE
FUCK LS TURFS

Offline Ace

• State Official
  • Forum Lawyer
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ace
  • Squad: Bloodmoon
« Reply #4 on: 09 01, 2022, 06:00:33 am »
as an ethno-nationalist I would like to be able to advertise my squad exclusively to people from my own country  :kek2:

Jk..On serious note I think this a good idea especially for groups and squads who are focused around a non English language
Positive  :tick: :tick:

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
« Reply #5 on: 09 01, 2022, 07:10:53 am »
This would be a superbly amazing idea, my country is often spammed either with stuff like trading or groups advertising, so why not?  :tick:

Offline 21Savage

• Junior Community Member
  • Never Stop Hustling
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 09 01, 2022, 08:09:37 am »
It's a wonderful suggestion. It will be only beneficial I believe. It will help many. I am Positive  :tick:

Offline Han'Lue

• DoMinos_Family Co Founder
  • The Predator
    YearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: Han'Lue
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #7 on: 09 01, 2022, 09:16:29 am »
Voting Positive, This idea is really great, I don't think it will have a negative effect.
"Wishes" Is The Product Of Fears

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
« Reply #8 on: 09 01, 2022, 11:09:35 am »

The chatbox message would look as follows: (<country> ADVERT) <playerName>: <message>
The '<country ADVERT>' would be colored based on what you made your "Country Chat Color" from /settings is set to, if nothing is set there, then the color would be the same as the current superadverts system.
And since multiple countries are combined together into one chat, that <country> would be replaced with the combined code and shown only to the people whose IP is inside those countries, and if it's not a combined country chat, it would just show their normal country and to the players inside that country.
(Ex-Yu ADVERT) would only be shown to Croatians, Serbians, Bosnians and Slovenians
(EN ADVERT) would only be shown to the English speaking countries like the UK, US, Canada
Inside chat management GUI (for ICM and Staff) these should be listed as '<country> advert' so that we can take actions if necessary.

The cost for these adverts should not be the same as the current superadverts, rather it should cost like this <amount of players inside that country not AFK> * $150, this way adverting inside your country is cheaper since not as many players see the adverts.

The command for this should be /cadvert, the 'c' meaning 'country', the lack of 'super' inside that command is so that there's a lesser chance of someone mistaking /csuperadvert and /superadvert.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #9 on: 09 01, 2022, 12:11:07 pm »
This will help alot. Some players find it hard to understand an advert within the English language. This will have the same concept  as the nonenglish support chat.
Voting  :tick:
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline zurq

• Senior Community Member
  • xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #10 on: 09 01, 2022, 01:06:15 pm »
Who'll deal with it? Super adverts are made for everyone, even staffs can see it. So, whoever made a non-english advert (for example), he'll be muted straightway. But, the country super adverts...? You'll scarcely find a staff to deal with it. Or shall we keep reporting to whoever made an advert against the rules to the staffs? Isn't it a wastefulness of time...
Left this game already.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
« Reply #11 on: 09 01, 2022, 01:11:19 pm »
Who'll deal with it? Super adverts are made for everyone, even staffs can see it. So, whoever made a non-english advert (for example), he'll be muted straightway. But, the country super adverts...? You'll scarcely find a staff to deal with it. Or shall we keep reporting to whoever made an advert against the rules to the staffs? Isn't it a wastefulness of time...
The positives massively outweigh the negatives, sure it might take time to deal with people who breach rules using non English super adverts, but for players who lack English knowledge it's a huge deal to have something like this.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
« Reply #12 on: 09 01, 2022, 02:14:17 pm »

We can also add a 10 minutes cooldown after you've used superadvert before you can use cadvert and vice versa, a 10 minutes cooldown after you've used cadvert before you can use superadvert. Not to confuse it with its own cooldown before you can use the same command again which should be the same as superadvert with a tier system of DL0, 1, 2 and 3.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Otto

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Otto
« Reply #13 on: 09 01, 2022, 03:45:26 pm »

I added your comment to the first post, thank you for that

Well, it is true that people may advert punishable things there but you are talking as if we should remove all chats to prevent people from breaking the rules. There is nothing stopping the players from typing the exact same punishable line in their country chat also visible to their countrymates. This is basically for giving a non-English speaking players a chance to advertise whatever they wanted in the most understandable way they could. Of course some attention seekers will break the rules using this feature, but I can not think of anything to prevent it other than expecting players to report such players.

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Dust

• Banlieue13 Founder
  • Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 10 01, 2022, 12:18:13 am »
It can be useful but it can be misused too. I am suggesting that it can be turned on and off from the /settings.