Author Topic: Forum PMs will become punishable.  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Forum PMs will become punishable.
« Reply #30 on: 08 02, 2022, 04:32:28 pm »
If it's this way, I might go positive but remember.. there must be an agreement in the format that the player will take the consequences of giving his forum account, any future consequences.

Teamviewer or AnyDesk could be also a way, but must also be an agreement.. There's always a security risk in such stuff.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline puhQ

• Outstanding Community Member
  • kansas city shuffle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #31 on: 08 02, 2022, 04:33:07 pm »
This will cause a security risk, just remember what Precious did with his powers as GLM. I'm not saying that staff members aren't trusted enough to handle someone's account, but this is definitely not the best option. An ex-staff member gave his password to someone so that person could participate in scamming, etc. Just imagine what someone can do with all of the passwords... I know that you'll have to change it later, but there are always people that forget to do that.
Don't ARMs get access to players' passwords when recovering their accounts?

You are right, it's a security risk, which is why you decide for yourself if you have something to give away or not. As a precaution, another question could be added asking if complainant changed his password, or he would be asked to do it before sending it to the staff. That way, no real issue.

What do you think about a remote call using any program like google meet/Microsoft teams/Teamviewer? If you're interested in getting someone punished, then you'll do whatever it takes to do that. You can give perm to the staff member through those programs, he'll check your PMs and then, they'll decide about the case.
Yes, maybe. Discord screen share is an option as well, but the problem is, both staff and complainant will have to be online at the same time, it will most likely be hard to set up the call.
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline K90

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K90
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #32 on: 08 02, 2022, 05:06:34 pm »
You are right, it's a security risk, which is why you decide for yourself if you have something to give away or not. As a precaution, another question could be added asking if complainant changed his password, or he would be asked to do it before sending it to the staff. That way, no real issue.

I've changed my mind, and yes, ARMs are trusted enough to handle this case, and with the option that you're giving (change your password after the complaint's verdict), there won't be any issue.

Discord screen share is an option as well, but the problem is, both staff and complainant will have to be online at the same time, it will most likely be hard to set up the call.

What about a new complete Agreement format, it'll include both options, you'll give your password to the ARM and you'll have to change it after the verdict, or you can pick a meeting through discord/any other software, using the Time Zone Converter.
The agreement format will include the following questions:

Code: [Select]
[b]Insert here your GMT[/b]:
[b]Insert here your city of residence[/b]:

That way, the ARM can set a meeting, he'll pick a date based on what the player stated on his information, for example, I'm located in Colombia, and I'll have a meeting with someone from Moscow (Russia), here is an example of how to use the time zone converter to set a meeting date:

Anyways, I'm supporting the suggestion.  :thumb: :tick:
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."  Carl Sagan

Offline SiFiras

• Regular Community Member
  • hai
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: iFiras
  • Squad: Driftwork afaik
« Reply #33 on: 12 02, 2022, 01:30:00 pm »
Imo High leveled staffs must be trusted enough to give them your password to solve your complaint after all they wont be checking it on their own you'll ask them to do so, I'm up voting for such an idea. :tick: :tick:
(FMSG) [CIT]FalconHawk|INF: "if her age is not on the clock, she is ready for the c*ck"

Offline MEGO

• Regular Community Member
  • Rollin' Since 2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #34 on: 12 02, 2022, 02:26:25 pm »
@Arran
Even CEMs and duty holders are cyberbullying in PM no staff or rule protect our players that unfair you must do something about it this suggestion is helpful really
This guy named IRN has sent me an FMSG Request today and he started flaming me out of no where, He's being known as a rule breaker and a toxic player in the server so I guess there's no blame on Slow that he sent that PM, and I'm pretty sure that this guy named Iron has provoked slow because slow won't send such a PM for no reason.

- You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.
(FMSG) [CIT]Farhan[SAPD]: mego best camper fr

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #35 on: 13 02, 2022, 05:10:51 pm »
- Updated the forum complaints board to permit forum PM (private message) reports. (Arran + Maximo)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.