Author Topic: Forum PMs will become punishable.  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Maximo

• Regular Community Member
  • The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
Re: Forum PMs will become punishable.
« Reply #15 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:59:37 pm »
I just tested "report to admin" feature and unfortunately it has 2 problems: it can only be reported to those with forum admin and it basically just sends me a PM with a quote which could be faked too so yeah :/
Ptole gave us a good idea which the one he is going to make report he will have to fill few informations which are the message from X, to Z in the Y date. By filling the staff will have search engine if the information are correct he will access the message.
Imo, adding search engine is the best way that can't be faked.

Offline Thug

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #16 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:02:13 pm »
I sent everything to Arran and he dealt with it, thanks alot for your time and I appreciate it, but still we have to get another solutions to avoid wasting your time, what Vampire said is a nice idea and its gonna be easy also will save alot of time, Thanks once again Arran

Offline GoldNugget

• Senior Community Member
  • Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #17 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:17:31 pm »
Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging > Receive personal messages from: > Buddies and Administrators only

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #18 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:23:13 pm »
Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging > Receive personal messages from: > Buddies and Administrators only
The concept of this suggestion is to make Forum PMs punishable. Already staffs saying the same thing in any complaint related to this subject. Read the suggestion before replying please.

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #19 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:30:26 pm »
The concept of this suggestion is to make Forum PMs punishable. Already staffs saying the same thing in any complaint related to this subject. Read the suggestion before replying please.

Provide SMF mod for sending PMs to non-administrative staff and suggest it after. Private Messaging speaks for itself, if it's PRIVATE no staff should have access to your messages and if you're getting annoyed by players, either ignore them or disable receiving messages from everyone. This suggestion is nothing but to add a useless, childish rule for people who seek to get others punished. Soon you'll request discord messages to be monitored by staff, grow up.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #20 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:49:58 pm »
Provide SMF mod for sending PMs to non-administrative staff and suggest it after. Private Messaging speaks for itself, if it's PRIVATE no staff should have access to your messages and if you're getting annoyed by players, either ignore them or disable receiving messages from everyone. This suggestion is nothing but to add a useless, childish rule for people who seek to get others punished. Soon you'll request discord messages to be monitored by staff, grow up.
You can't call it childish/useless rule. Rules are clear if it's broken, the action must be taken. So, we can avoid a lot of toxic player including one of your group's leader that was reported by Dogigos for flaming his whole family heavily. I am not going to argue with someone that ignorant to the concept of discussing a thing. Furthermore, we know it's private message, but anyone can send you a PM it's not linked to your CIT Book friends or anything. So whoever gonna PM you his goal is to offend you with flaming your family, or threating you.. Here the actions must be taken.
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 05:51:38 pm by Maximo »

Offline MEGO

• Rollin' Since 2014
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #21 on: 07 02, 2022, 05:59:48 pm »
I wanna talk about a point here, I guess rules in the server is no longer strict like before, Like nowdays if someone flames a guy and the guy reports him the complaint goes invalid due to it being trivial or so, I guess that's making most of players being toxic and annoying to others since they know that they won't get punished, take a look at these complaints for example
Show content

I believe Maximo's idea is great enough and it should work too, Private Messages are in forum account, And forum account belongs to? (CIT)
So I guess rules in-game should be applied on forums too, Regarding how it should works, Just taking a screenshot for the PM date and making a complaint using it would be good enough, If a staff wants to make sure it's not fake then the guy who complained can just send his forum account password to staff, I'm Upvoting for this.

- You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.
(FMSG) [CIT]Farhan[SAPD]: mego best camper fr

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #22 on: 07 02, 2022, 07:26:56 pm »
As you can see above, these uneducated players heavily attacked the X player by flaming his family, disrespecting him. But all you have do is to add him in ignore list, and the one that flammed mustn't be punished. Just he is free to do that, any logic on this?
we can avoid a lot of toxic player including one of your group's leader that was reported by Dogigos for flaming his whole family heavily.

you need to back off and watch the words, you mentioned to me twice which is unacceptable, you called me an uneducated and toxic player while you never know if the PM is real or not so just fucking grow up and stop mentioning me in your senseless posts because that won't give you more attention when you start mentioning me in every single post you write.

I already said that I agree about having the possibility to report to admins so, just grow up and stop mentioning players

you need to care about your groupmate because I'm that kind of crazy guy that can share to any curious staff his forum password and let him get into my account so your groupmate can get what he deserves for the pms he sent  (◔◡◔)
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 07:29:34 pm by daddy »

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline puhQ

• Outstanding Community Member
  • kansas city shuffle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #23 on: 07 02, 2022, 07:34:10 pm »
As an option, a new complaint format could be created for such cases, where a complainant should be asked if he agrees to having his profile checked by a staff.

In case the complained player denies breaking the rules, a staff would open complainant's account to verify the content of a personal message. Logically, one of the players will have to lie in such a case, so either complained players won't even deny anything (and then the account check is not necessary), or someone will get warned for lying. Knowing both sides might get punished, people won't risk it (except those who don't really care about punishments), so it seems like a win-win. Haven't really thought of any downsides though.
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #24 on: 07 02, 2022, 09:13:49 pm »
you need to back off and watch the words, you mentioned to me twice which is unacceptable, you called me an uneducated and toxic player while you never know if the PM is real or not so just fucking grow up and stop mentioning me in your senseless posts because that won't give you more attention when you start mentioning me in every single post you write.

I already said that I agree about having the possibility to report to admins so, just grow up and stop mentioning players

you need to care about your groupmate because I'm that kind of crazy guy that can share to any curious staff his forum password and let him get into my account so your groupmate can get what he deserves for the pms he sent  (◔◡◔)
I am really so sorry if you thought that the words directed to you. But I never meant you specifically, except the 2nd reply to GoldNugget after I saw the post of Dogigos that contain a complaint against you. But I gave your complaint as an example. Don't ever take my words personally, because I really don't meant you. I am generalizing whoever being toxic toward our community individuals. So, I hope you accept my apologizes. @daddy
As an option, a new complaint format could be created for such cases, where a complainant should be asked if he agrees to having his profile checked by a staff.

In case the complained player denies breaking the rules, a staff would open complainant's account to verify the content of a personal message. Logically, one of the players will have to lie in such a case, so either complained players won't even deny anything (and then the account check is not necessary), or someone will get warned for lying. Knowing both sides might get punished, people won't risk it (except those who don't really care about punishments), so it seems like a win-win. Haven't really thought of any downsides though.
Your idea is good, but this will make a risk, I mean any staff member will be accessing to everyone's PMs, including these whom denies their PMs to be checked. Which is that why this feature not added yet. Everyone saying that staff team mustn't access our PMs for privacy. But I think my idea about adding search engine is perfect. Or we might add format in complain board specifically for forum PMs but if you can explain how will it work? Like will administrators handle it or I don't know how.. Can you please clarify it, in details @puhQ
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 09:15:53 pm by Maximo »

Offline puhQ

• Outstanding Community Member
  • kansas city shuffle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #25 on: 07 02, 2022, 11:57:20 pm »
But I think my idea about adding search engine is perfect.
You would need access to the site's database, I assume only administrators have it. Giving it to other people is a security risk, so I guess that would only be possible if Arran himself dealt with all the complaints, which is obviously not possible. Arran can correct me if I'm wrong though, maybe there is a way to use the database in a better way.

Or we might add format in complain board specifically for forum PMs
That is exactly what I meant. Doesn't have to be an administrator, any staff can be of use (I guess). Something like this:
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline Ala

• New Community Member
  • FB name : Aladin Kortas
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Ingame: Ala*ESS
  • Squad: Classic_Car_Clu
« Reply #26 on: 08 02, 2022, 03:31:08 am »
You would need access to the site's database, I assume only administrators have it. Giving it to other people is a security risk, so I guess that would only be possible if Arran himself dealt with all the complaints, which is obviously not possible. Arran can correct me if I'm wrong though, maybe there is a way to use the database in a better way.
That is exactly what I meant. Doesn't have to be an administrator, any staff can be of use (I guess). Something like this:

your idea so good, and I think will make community fair and no one will bored again.so easy for players to does this system
Welcome to CIT Forum i am here for Help

Offline K90

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K90
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #27 on: 08 02, 2022, 03:30:05 pm »

This will cause a security risk, just remember what Precious did with his powers as GLM. I'm not saying that staff members aren't trusted enough to handle someone's account, but this is definitely not the best option. An ex-staff member gave his password to someone so that person could participate in scamming, etc. Just imagine what someone can do with all of the passwords... I know that you'll have to change it later, but there are always people that forget to do that. What do you think about a remote call using any program like google meet/Microsoft teams/Teamviewer? If you're interested in getting someone punished, then you'll do whatever it takes to do that. You can give perm to the staff member through those programs, he'll check your PMs and then, they'll decide about the case.
« Last Edit: 08 02, 2022, 03:35:15 pm by K90 »
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."  Carl Sagan

Offline Thug

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #28 on: 08 02, 2022, 03:39:34 pm »

What a fucking great idea, I agree with you 100% and that's what should be done, Arran yea took my password and dealt with the guy who insulted me but its more easy if we added your idea, thanks alot for your work on it and we appreciate that for sure, I am Positive 100% with that idea  :tick:

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #29 on: 08 02, 2022, 03:53:02 pm »

This will cause a security risk, just remember what Precious did with his powers as GLM. I'm not saying that staff members aren't trusted enough to handle someone's account, but this is definitely not the best option. An ex-staff member gave his password to someone so that person could participate in scamming, etc. Just imagine what someone can do with all of the passwords... I know that you'll have to change it later, but there are always people that forget to do that. What do you think about a remote call using any program like google meet/Microsoft teams/Teamviewer? If you're interested in getting someone punished, then you'll do whatever it takes to do that. You can give perm to the staff member through those programs, he'll check your PMs and then, they'll decide about the case.

I agree with you either, we can implement puhQ idea but with small change on it, which is instead of giving them your password they might have to make contact with staff and use team viewer to confirm the validity of the logs. And of course like we have got FMMs, Pam etc.. we can have also specific staffs to handle Forum PMs thingy. By holding that duty you will instantly be asked to have team viewer or any software similar to it. It back to Arran. Or if @puhQ has explanation to what K90 provided,we can implement his idea instead of.