Author Topic: Reduce the countdown before re-entering when you die at CEs from 100 to 60sec  (Read 747 times)

Offline ManeXi

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
So, starting with my first topic about CnR balance I wanted to state an important issue about the CEs system.
Basically, I kinda sure that this one will not be supported but I just wanna give it a shot as it is so important from my POV..

We all know the current CE system,
Every 10mins starts a CE, after 3mins from the start of the CE (If it doesn't end), an Armed Robbery starts. And due to the 5mins limit that prevents players from entering CEs again, players will start going to ARs wich make both ARs and CEs kinda not having enough players, half of both Crim and Cop sides are splitted into two activities.

Criminal Events are one of the best activites to do in our CnR gameplay, the current system litrally nerfed it.
So, what Im suggesting here, Is just something like the past.

- Removing the 5mins time limit to re-enter CEs or increase it to 10mins or so

- Reducing the wait time (not sure about it but I think it is 90seconds) after you die inside the CE to 60seconds

These are some points that I think will be helpfull to wake both sides as the current system really makes everyone lazy to deal with too many acitivites at the same time

Awaiting for your feedbacks to suggest better ideas to fix this issue..

Title updated  :hands:

« Last Edit: 25 03, 2024, 04:14:11 am by Manexi »

Offline SoloBlade

• Junior Community Member
    Years
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: SoloBlade
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
Re: Revive Criminal Events System
« Reply #1 on: 03 03, 2024, 04:56:55 am »

- Completely disable ARs when there is a CE running
- ARs starts only when a side wins the CE
- Reducing the wait time (not sure about it but I think it is 90seconds) after you die inside the CE to 60seconds

I think we should have posted on this board  ( CnR Council )
and this board is public
Anyway

I agree  :tick:
The system must to be fixed
Ce is inactived for a long time and Players focus only on AR , no player never back after dead ( especially criminals)

Offline FerociusWizz

• Ferociously Graceful Police Officer.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Wiz
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #2 on: 03 03, 2024, 06:07:09 am »

Completely disabling ARs during CEs will eventually get a drop in numbers as you can’t change people’s preference and majorly most of the players from both sides respond majorly in ARs. In my opinion current CE system is fine as once CE starts till it ends ARs are freezed which is fine imo.

This suggestion won’t bring back the balance, if you increase the time limit to 10mins barely any player will respond back to CE.

I support in favour of reducing the time to 60 secs for re-entering or even 40 if any of the sides are majorly unbalanced situations like (7v1)
U77 Superintendent Wizz from San Andreas Police Department
Mi Familia.

Offline FreezingX

• Guard_Ghosts Co-Founder
  • Guide
« Reply #3 on: 03 03, 2024, 09:39:54 am »
In my opinion, entirely disabling ARs while a CE is running is a bad idea because the majority of players do not want to play inside a CE for an extended period of time; in this instance, it is best to maintain both running continuously.  On the other hand, I believe it is best to keep it until the fifth minute because otherwise people will start camping inside, potentially causing the CEs to end after reaching the max duration in most circumstances. The best option for an easier CE playstyle would be for players to be able to re-enter without a countdown during those 5 minutes, or with a short timer of 15-20 seconds.

Offline Sirat

• SAPD Leader
  • GLM - Group Level Manager
  • SAPD Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sirat
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #4 on: 03 03, 2024, 01:27:33 pm »

15 minutes of event, making it to 7 mint is reasonable as I always said 5 minute is too less.

Completely disabling the ar during ce is a bad idea, it was suggested before and rejected by the community.

Neutral on this, find no reason to reduce it to 60 seconds

Smiling means letting your guard down in front of another person, even if just a little

Offline Safwan

• Regular Community Member
  • APB Hunter
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
« Reply #5 on: 03 03, 2024, 02:48:41 pm »
I don't think the AR system should be disabled while CE is running; it's not a good idea. Some people may not like CE, even if they can't enter without donator levels. I believe the CE system is fine as it is.
15 minutes of event, making it to 7 mint is reasonable as I always said 5 minute is too less.
I'm with this point.

Offline MandM

• AKA MEME...
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: M&M*A-SWAT
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #6 on: 03 03, 2024, 02:56:03 pm »
I was actually going to make a suggestion about CE. I was just preparing for it, trying to make it well explained, and I was even trying to guess the community members' responses so I would answer them within the suggestion. Anyway, since you already opened the topic, I would like to share my ideas with yours, as some of them are the same. If you do mind, I will open another topic.

1) CE will be played once every two ARs. So, after finishing two ARs in a row, CE will start.

2) The next AR won't start until the CE finishes.

3) Changing all CE maps since they are very large, and this is annoying and not fun. To avoid people's dissatisfaction with the first two points, the maps must be interesting and small so that the CE finishes quickly. (This includes removing all the stupid fighting spots like those stairs fights.)

4) Allowing people to participate multiple times and reducing the time needed to participate again, but taking the next point into consideration.

5) Adding three points to each of the CE maps, one for each side (cops/criminals), and one in the middle of the map. So, if a specific side controls both their point and the middle point, there will be some limitations that prevent the members of that side from entering the CE, and if that side controls the three points, then the defending side members won't be able to enter the CE. (to avoid CE taking too much time.)

The first thing responsible for reviving the CE is redesigning the maps.

Edit: It will remain disallowed to join the CE if your team is outnumbering the other team. This relates to the fifth point
« Last Edit: 03 03, 2024, 03:04:06 pm by MandM »

Offline Sirat

• SAPD Leader
  • GLM - Group Level Manager
  • SAPD Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sirat
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #7 on: 03 03, 2024, 08:01:50 pm »
I was actually going to make a suggestion about CE. I was just preparing for it, trying to make it well explained, and I was even trying to guess the community members' responses so I would answer them within the suggestion. Anyway, since you already opened the topic, I would like to share my ideas with yours, as some of them are the same. If you do mind, I will open another topic.

1) CE will be played once every two ARs. So, after finishing two ARs in a row, CE will start.

3) Changing all CE maps since they are very large, and this is annoying and not fun. To avoid people's dissatisfaction with the first two points, the maps must be interesting and small so that the CE finishes quickly. (This includes removing all the stupid fighting spots like those stairs fights.)

4) Allowing people to participate multiple times and reducing the time needed to participate again, but taking the next point into consideration.

5) Adding three points to each of the CE maps, one for each side (cops/criminals), and one in the middle of the map. So, if a specific side controls both their point and the middle point, there will be some limitations that prevent the members of that side from entering the CE, and if that side controls the three points, then the defending side members won't be able to enter the CE. (to avoid CE taking too much time.)

The first thing responsible for reviving the CE is redesigning the maps.

Edit: It will remain disallowed to join the CE if your team is outnumbering the other team. This relates to the fifth point

If guess if you have different suggestion, then post it as new topic.
Smiling means letting your guard down in front of another person, even if just a little

Offline kitten

• satosugu
    YearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 03 03, 2024, 08:17:03 pm »
I believe that CE is indeed a very important part of the server and arguably the most important part of CnR. In the past CEs used to be popular because they were the major CnR event held every hour and people looked forward to playing it, but these days they're being held every 10 minutes and have lost their exciting appeal to the players because they are so frequent.

There are two types of players in CnR, one type prefers open activities like ARs and cop killings, while the other side (note that this side is in a minority) prefers CEs.

Restricting everyone to play a certain event is boring to most players including me, especially when that event is held every 10 minutes. If CEs were held per hour, I'd support this but right now they're just too frequent to implement such a change.

Offline MandM

• AKA MEME...
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: M&M*A-SWAT
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #9 on: 03 03, 2024, 08:53:06 pm »
If guess if you have different suggestion, then post it as new topic.

It's up to Manexi. If he supports some of my ideas, he can edit his suggestion and add them to it, and if he doesn't support my ideas, I will be opening another topic, but let's keep all ideas in one topic for now.

I believe that CE is indeed a very important part of the server and arguably the most important part of CnR. In the past CEs used to be popular because they were the major CnR event held every hour and people looked forward to playing it, but these days they're being held every 10 minutes and have lost their exciting appeal to the players because they are so frequent.

There are two types of players in CnR, one type prefers open activities like ARs and cop killings, while the other side (note that this side is in a minority) prefers CEs.

Restricting everyone to play a certain event is boring to most players including me, especially when that event is held every 10 minutes. If CEs were held per hour, I'd support this but right now they're just too frequent to implement such a change.

Isn't the current system doing the same thing? Restricting those who prefer CE to AR to play CE every 10 minutes. There are some players who have FPS issues, and that's why they prefer CE to AR because it's easier for them to play CE than AR.

Offline ManeXi

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
« Reply #10 on: 03 03, 2024, 09:26:35 pm »
Completely disabling the ar during ce is a bad idea, it was suggested before and rejected by the community.

Thats why I suggested it, as it is going to be handled by councillors

It's up to Manexi. If he supports some of my ideas, he can edit his suggestion and add them to it, and if he doesn't support my ideas, I will be opening another topic, but let's keep all ideas in one topic for now.

Isn't the current system doing the same thing? Restricting those who prefer CE to AR to play CE every 10 minutes. There are some players who have FPS issues, and that's why they prefer CE to AR because it's easier for them to play CE than AR.

I totally agree with anything that will fix criminal events, baiscally this post for CnR councillors so you guys should decide what to fix and what to keep it as it is
When you guys agree on some points let me know and i'll edit the post, lets keep it here for now

Offline 3eNab

• I love women at the age of 30
    Years
  • Group: neXus
  • Ingame: 3eNab
« Reply #11 on: 04 03, 2024, 01:59:52 pm »
Your suggestion is nice, but reducing the time will make all players sacrifice themselves in exchange for a kill
From the criminal side
Each kill will get at least 1000 RP This is completely unfair because he will kill himself in exchange for stealing the kill Because he knows that he will return quickly Natural
im not 3eNab im Regular Community Member

Offline Ninna

• New Community Member
    Years
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
« Reply #12 on: 05 03, 2024, 02:06:14 pm »
 :tick: :tick:

Offline RuDz

• Life is music <3
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: RuDz
  • Squad: Hold_On
« Reply #13 on: 05 03, 2024, 03:25:26 pm »
I agree with Sirat on this one.
And I agree with this one too.
But disabling the AR while CE is running is a big no since it's going to be limiting the players decisions on how they want their gameplay to be and you'll be forcing them to attend CEs instead of ARs. Just keep the choice, Attend whatever event you want.
Yet, About the CE, 5 mins is too low and the 90 seconds cooldown is a bit weird, So I'd say being allowed to join the CE for a whole 7 mins and you can return within a minute after you die, That would be a great update to the system.
Ex. DJ
Ex. Guide
''Do not underestimate my awareness of my surroundings, as I have already observed everything well in advance.
Real eyes, Realize, Real lies.,,

Offline Ammar1

• Classic_Car_Club
  • Group: PiRu$
  • Ingame: Ammar
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #14 on: 05 03, 2024, 04:04:46 pm »
Yes, what you say is 100%100 true. If AR is disabled while CE is present, everyone will be active in CE, and this is much better than being inactive. :tick:
Ammar1