Author Topic: /online guide will list all online guiders regardless of your country  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Just today I noticed a player asking for a guider, for one reason or another. I told him to use /online guide and he replied that he did and that there is nobody online from his country to help him out, so /online guide returned an empty list.

Players and guiders alike don't have to speak their native language when exchanging a conversation, meaning a guider can help out someone in English and that someone can also reply in English, that is why this specific idea came to my mind.

The command '/online guide' is completely useless if there is nobody from your country that is a guider and is online. Adjusting the command to list all guider players online, alongside their country code (or full country name even) would be a good adjustment. Why? Well, because players would be able to find a guider no matter what their countries are if both parties are able to speak at least semi understandable English.

What I envision the adjustment to look like:
- Running the command /online guide would give you something like this
Online Guiders: [CIT]Danzy'SnF (Serbia), [CIT]Kuldeep (India), [CIT]Brian (Italy), [CIT]Arran (United Kingdom), insert any other online guider with country name OR code...

You get the idea, it does not have to be full country name, but preferable to be, it can be a country code but I feel as if less players would understand something like IPB (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) whereas India is, well, India. Or ExYu which consists of 6 countries.

In conclusion, the command should be adjusted to list all online guiders regardless of differing countries, that way a player, if they can speak English, can reach out to a guider who is also required to speak at least understandable English. Even when a staff isn't available, a guider that can speak English is just as valuable as if a staff helped out.

Have a good day.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Good idea but wouldn't the outcome be too long if there are many guides/staff online? If the said player could speak English, he could get help from the support chat. If he needs someone to physically show him something, he can use the main/team chat to ask for available guides.

There used to be a suggestion in Guide board about being able to use /online guide <country code> but again most people may not know the country codes.

Offline Predator

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Predator
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
Ya bro I agree with you cause when I am wanna ask if any guide online I use main chat so I support this idea
I never lose either I win or learn

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
It would be better to script a simple and basic panel for this. So, when someone types /online guide, a panel will appear with online guiders with the country name in front. Because as Falcon mentioned above, the outcome would be too long on his chatbox in case alot of guiders are online.
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
It would be better to script a simple and basic panel for this. So, when someone types /online guide, a panel will appear with online guiders with the country name in front. Because as Falcon mentioned above, the outcome would be too long on his chatbox in case alot of guiders are online.
This, or perhaps we should specify an online guide?
/online guide <flag code> (RO) for an example..

Offline HomoS

• ███████||||] 69%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Mongols_MC
  • Ingame: НσмσS | НσмσZ~
  • Squad: Τнє_Vєℓєиτzαs
thats great idea tbh and I did noticed it when tried "/online guide" and the list was empty but after when tried "/helpme" someone from the guides comed to me (not from my country), but we can do better command, in guide application if anyone applied he did got question "whats your language" if he speaking arabic saying arabic and if he speaking english he'll say english etc.., we can use command like ( /online guide arabic ), or ( /online guide english), the command will be " /online guide (language he want) " and I think from that anyone one need help will find one from the guides speaking his language to make it easily.

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
This, or perhaps we should specify an online guide?
/online guide <flag code> (RO) for an example..
Yeah but some of the new players don't know much about contry codes
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline SqueX

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
For players who do not know the country code, adding "Flag Codes" to F1 can be an example solution. Example: F1>Flag Codes>TR (Turkey).

Also, danzy's suggestion will be extremely helpful for new players and players who need help. I hope it will be evaluated positively and added to the server. Positive  :tick:
If CIT had been created before MTA, MTA would have been a server of CIT.

Offline Waltz

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
Everyone have different time zones and people can be busy sometimes, I want to support this idea because new players/normal players need help and they can't see any country guider around and they can use this command if it will list all guiders. It will be useful and cool in my opinion, positive.  :tick:

Darwin97

Positive.

Just 1 change, I don't think the country is needed more like the native language we can set like a profile for each guider where they can set their own native language ingame and it will be something like.

DeathWish(Arabic) for example

OR maybe we can notify guiders online with a message that says X player used the /online guide command since after a recent interaction I found out the server actually logs those inputs, so we can use them.

Offline SiFiras

• hai
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: iFiras
  • Squad: Driftwork afaik
Positive.

but as Deathwish stated above, instead of the country code adding the guider's native language as not every player would know all of the country codes also adding a notification to guiders X used /online guide would be useful
(FMSG) [CIT]FalconHawk|INF: "if her age is not on the clock, she is ready for the c*ck"

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
I'm supporting this as in case of a newbie trying to find a guide, this could make faster and easier to get help.

6 positive votes. Next review will be done next week.
Show content
Though Danzy might update it himself, nvm.
Once the topic title is added [WIP] or [Danzy], we'll ignore it.
« Last Edit: 19 02, 2022, 03:27:54 am by TwCafe »
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Hallow2

• Junior Community Member
  • GO NEWGROUNDS!
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Hallow[FBI-MW]
  • Squad: Merryweather
I like it, this will improve the way that new players search for help with their own languages rather than asking on support chat that is in English. Positive.
Law Tournament Founder - Head Staff | Ex. Deputy Director and Honorable from FBI | Ex. SAPD member - Station Officer |  Introduction | my old account Hallow

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
most of the players from different countries speak English so it can be really helpful for newbies so why not? Positive

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
I thought the /online guides already ingame.
This is a faul, I hope we see it ingame soon  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!