Author Topic: [Mappers] Allow San Fierro to have CITy bases  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
[Mappers] Allow San Fierro to have CITy bases
« on: 11 02, 2022, 08:33:40 pm »
Hey all,

I think it would be neat if San Fierro (SF) based groups were allowed to have a CITy base. Currently those kind of bases are only allowed to be requested within the boundaries of Las Venturas (LV)

The reason why I have come up with this suggestion is because SF, just like LV, doesn’t face the same lag related issues as Los Santos (LS) does. There are currently five civilian groups based in SF, who’d all benefit from changing this rule as it would allow them to be creative and adjust the base when needed without going through the hassle of requesting a base change. This would also mean that administrators will be bothered less by changes. Furthermore, SF offers many flat surface areas which offer a great place to start building.

Base rules can be found here.
« Last Edit: 17 02, 2022, 05:50:14 pm by Brian »

Offline Molly

• Donator L3
  • Be The Best Version Of Yourself
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA
  • Ingame: Molly
  • Squad: DriftWorks
Re: Allow San Fierro to have CITy bases
« Reply #1 on: 11 02, 2022, 09:14:40 pm »
I don’t know if it’s just my memory playing up but didn’t SF have City zones a long long time ago, but was removed?
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please", I'll say "No" because it's shorter than "Yes".
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

Offline yunus06

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: Yunus
« Reply #2 on: 12 02, 2022, 02:16:24 am »
The places where many people have good memories in the game are the zones in SF.  The return of these zones both increases the population in sf and makes the zones usable as before.Positive

Offline Ala

• New Community Member
  • FB name : Aladin Kortas
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Ingame: Ala*ESS
  • Squad: Classic_Car_Clu
« Reply #3 on: 12 02, 2022, 03:26:45 am »
LV Different of other citys so I think we cant add CITy base in SF.but we can give SF bases more object to be Different too.
Welcome to CIT Forum i am here for Help

Offline SiFiras

• Regular Community Member
  • hai
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: iFiras
  • Squad: Driftwork afaik
« Reply #4 on: 12 02, 2022, 09:51:40 am »
As cherry stated above isn't laggy as LS also civilians doesn't have alot of extra features to motivate civ groups or the side itself so I'm obviously up voting this.  :tick:
(FMSG) [CIT]FalconHawk|INF: "if her age is not on the clock, she is ready for the c*ck"

Darwin97

« Reply #5 on: 12 02, 2022, 10:20:53 am »
Positive.

SF is the emptiest city in all of San Andreas (apart from the desert) which makes having city bases viable there.

But it should be in the least populated areas not like for example near Train driver job, why? Because people who ppay in SF are usually people who struggle to play anywhere else because of FPS drops so we shouldn't ruin that

Offline Impostor

• Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
« Reply #6 on: 12 02, 2022, 05:59:03 pm »
I recall some of the The Institute members being total Karens when GrV base was added to SF.
They claimed that the group's base caused video lag issues.
But it's just SF and there are no competitive things happening in there so who cares,right?

:tick:

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #7 on: 13 02, 2022, 11:41:56 am »
I don’t know if it’s just my memory playing up but didn’t SF have City zones a long long time ago, but was removed?

Zones? Yes! The issue was with too many zones close together. They were moved to north west of San Fierro (Bayside Marina) after this. This caused issues with people logging in, thus they were moved further into the ocean.

We can’t have too many zones, obviously, but there currently are 5 civilian groups who have a base. Not all of them will opt for a CITy zone as a base (I think). The amount of objects really shouldn’t increase that much. It’ll still be far less than LV (which easily houses 12+ bases) or LS (which houses 10+ 50 object bases, mapped buildings, mapped AR areas, etc.)

Honestly, my main goal is inspiring more civilian groups to work towards a base, this might make it more appealing to them. The more civilians, the merrier!

Positive.

SF is the emptiest city in all of San Andreas (apart from the desert) which makes having city bases viable there.

But it should be in the least populated areas not like for example near Train driver job, why? Because people who ppay in SF are usually people who struggle to play anywhere else because of FPS drops so we shouldn't ruin that

I agree. The bases should be spread out a bit. We could add rt markers near them so civilians can visit them more easily if they wish. LS has more markers, while SF is civilian based and those generally come with open bases. That way we can’t argue that “people never visit”.
« Last Edit: 13 02, 2022, 11:45:19 am by Cherry »

Offline 21Savage

• Junior Community Member
  • Never Stop Hustling
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 13 02, 2022, 06:07:38 pm »
Really good points. No hard on allowing CITy bases in San Fierro. Also it will motivate the civilian groups. I am voting Positive  :tick:

Offline KakCraft

• New Community Member
« Reply #9 on: 15 02, 2022, 01:23:55 pm »
I don't see any downsides to this.
SF isn't used very much, but it would give civ groups a lot more creative opportunities.
There's a lot you can do with city objects that you can't do with regular mapping (and vice versa I guess).

Just give them the option :tick:

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 15 02, 2022, 02:02:13 pm »
As long as they have some distance between them, it shouldn't be an FPS related issue. I don't even understand why people can't get CITy bases in SF, as if there are too many civilian groups.  :kek5:

:tick:

Offline Wood

• e,e
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Wood
« Reply #11 on: 16 02, 2022, 10:31:54 pm »
As much this will look nice it will make SF another copy of Ls alot of players face FPS drops non stop

If these zones spread around SF city can be moved to another place away from the city at least and players can enable/disable static veh then your idea will be perfect to apply

Voting positive if there is going to be optimised settings for botato laptop players

Offline Sawos

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
Re: [Mappers] Allow San Fierro to have CITy bases
« Reply #12 on: 17 02, 2022, 08:23:39 pm »
I'm supporting it as long as CITy bases are far enough from job locations because I've come across to see lot of players who enjoys playing in SF for a higher FPS comparing to LS.
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: [Mappers] Allow San Fierro to have CITy bases
« Reply #13 on: 19 02, 2022, 12:26:10 pm »
- Groups level 2 to 9 can now request CITy zone bases inside San Fierro, rules have been tweaked so players aren't too affected, please read rule changes here topic=341358.0. (Danzy + Cherry)
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.