Author Topic: Change some rules in Discussion Board  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Change some rules in Discussion Board
« Reply #15 on: 15 02, 2022, 06:06:59 pm »
I doubt anyone will bother adding another way to get drugs when they're clearly saturating the game.

Everyone thinks a suggestion is good until they are asked to script it. Arran checks this board regularly and if those topics didn't catch his attention then they'll never be added.

Just saying.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #16 on: 15 02, 2022, 07:04:43 pm »
If you don't agree with the current system. Find a better one that is actually possible to implement.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Just be happy :)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: CoPe
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #17 on: 15 02, 2022, 07:07:13 pm »
I doubt anyone will bother adding another way to get drugs when they're clearly saturating the game.

Everyone thinks a suggestion is good until they are asked to script it. Arran checks this board regularly and if those topics didn't catch his attention then they'll never be added.

Just saying.
Ik it, also about my suggestion I think there are already old scripts, if they are saved, because this is a suggestion to return something old to the server, but it can be improved, of course.

Have you considered hiring someone to do that? Someone who knows and has a special rank for it. Maybe there is someone who likes to do scripts.

I believe that he is checking everything, but maybe that's exactly what he left for us to solve. He is one, and ours is 1000, I don't think he can achieve everything himself, that's why he has ours, that's why we are here, if we can make an agreement, a change, because there are a lot of dissatisfied people who even gave up.
I believe that there are still a lot of people who have great ideas but do not want to waste time, because they think that their topic will only be locked and as if it did not even exist, without any explanation, and despite that he had 8+ positive votes without negative ones. I'm not the first one to have this happen to her. So let's try to solve that.

Edit:
If you don't agree with the current system. Find a better one that is actually possible to implement.

Let's say we hear other opinions, I don't want to bring any systems myself. We'll all do it together
« Last Edit: 15 02, 2022, 07:10:19 pm by CoPe. »

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
« Reply #18 on: 15 02, 2022, 07:08:27 pm »
Have you considered hiring someone to do that? Someone who knows and has a special rank for it. Maybe there is someone who likes to do scripts.
Community developer  :kek2:

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: 15 02, 2022, 07:26:01 pm »
Ik it, also about my suggestion I think there are already old scripts, if they are saved, because this is a suggestion to return something old to the server, but it can be improved, of course.

I believe that he is checking everything, but maybe that's exactly what he left for us to solve. He is one, and ours is 1000, I don't think he can achieve everything himself, that's why he has ours, that's why we are here, if we can make an agreement, a change, because there are a lot of dissatisfied people who even gave up.
I believe that there are still a lot of people who have great ideas but do not want to waste time, because they think that their topic will only be locked and as if it did not even exist, without any explanation, and despite that he had 8+ positive votes without negative ones. I'm not the first one to have this happen to her. So let's try to solve that.

Edit:
Let's say we hear other opinions, I don't want to bring any systems myself. We'll all do it together

Gave up because we don't listen to rants and don't spend 48 hours a day scripting whines?

The offer is still there: https://cit.gg/index.php?board=974.0  instead of spending time creating rules, changing rules, ranting in general, spend time making the script you want. You don't even need CIT-related scripting exports to make a working script.

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Just be happy :)
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: CoPe
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #20 on: 16 02, 2022, 01:42:04 am »
Gave up because we don't listen to rants and don't spend 48 hours a day scripting whines?

The offer is still there: https://cit.gg/index.php?board=974.0  instead of spending time creating rules, changing rules, ranting in general, spend time making the script you want. You don't even need CIT-related scripting exports to make a working script.
Thanks for info, but I dont have time and I dont know to do it, I made just request.
About my give up, I wont give up, I never give up (Thats just my moto, nothing about u)
I just want to see what others people think about it, because honestly, after such a conclusion after only a couple of positive votes. I think someone can very easily lose motivation and not want to try or play this game anymore. I'm just saying ...
That is my opinion and I think we can work it out together. I don't just want to be in this, this is a suggestion like any other suggestions, and I stick to it, not to whine or make a drama, this is just my opinion.
It's also an old update, so I think someone of yours already has those scripts, this is just a suggestion to get it back.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: 16 02, 2022, 04:53:52 pm »
Can we talk about these two things? Just heads up, this isn't something super important I just wanted to hear what mods of disc board think.  0:)

You need to state the reason why you're voting positive or negative

If we're going to enforce this, great, but if Staff are excluded from this "rule" then I don't think it's fair to delete average players posts but not Staff cause ... Admin, L4 or whatever? Obviously it's correct that the guidelines are followed but what if there's nothing else to add when casting your vote, what if everyone has already made all the possible points? I'd be a hypocrite if I said I haven't based my vote on other people's points. If all points are covered and there's nothing else to add, I think that's a legitimate post ???

Voting :tick:

This post doesn't state a reason why or explain anything else, the only difference is it's Staff. I have 0 problem with how people vote, it'd just be nice if it was the same for everyone.
Don't get me wrong, saying "+1 cool" for eg is still useless.

Please add :cros: or  :tick: if you're voting.

What if they need to ask a question or debate over it before casting their vote, they might need more info before deciding? I've done this before and so have others, I don't think it's a "useless" post to request more info from topic starter. If after their question / doubts have been answered they still haven't voted in a particular way, just don't count their vote? (Not like they have), but I don't think it needs to be ... deleted?
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
« Reply #22 on: 16 02, 2022, 06:03:36 pm »
When you are reading a suggestion first write your own opinion about it without looking at other opinions then post it. This will help you to make a post which is unique and is made out of new phrases and statements therefore it'll be a valid post.

Tip : Just read the suggestion and write your opinion without reading anybody's else.

Admins have the right to do whatever they want in this board because it is their board and at the end of the day more than 99 percent of the suggestions that are going to get added, is going to get scripted by the admins. Plus they own the server and they make a living out of it. Admins are admins and they have the right and we wont be interfering with the decisions they make because it is the business they own and if anything happens to this community, they're the ones that are going to be affected the most. Staffs will be informed if there's a useless reply made by them.

What if they need to ask a question or debate over it before casting their vote, they might need more info before deciding? I've done this before and so have others, I don't think it's a "useless" post to request more info from topic starter. If after their question / doubts have been answered they still haven't voted in a particular way, just don't count their vote? (Not like they have), but I don't think it needs to be ... deleted?
Just ask the question or debate it. It's called discussion board. It's about discussing, debating and voting.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #23 on: 16 02, 2022, 06:27:58 pm »

I don't remove posts without adding  :cros: or  :tick:, I do know sometimes we aren't just voting, we share more ideas in the reply, or just asking something additional, that's why I said if you're voting.

When I count votes if it's unclear, I will skip it, but never delete it, and btw, Why I mention people adding  :cros: or  :tick: when voting one is it's said in the rule, the other is that can avoid to miscount.

That just remind those who might voting positive or negative but no any key word in the post, and it's unclear to be considered as a vote or not, non of these will get removed, I just kindly remind everyone...
« Last Edit: 16 02, 2022, 06:35:22 pm by TwCafe »
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
  • Group: SAS
« Reply #24 on: 16 02, 2022, 06:36:11 pm »
If we're going to enforce this, great, but if Staff are excluded from this "rule" then I don't think it's fair
From my side, I can't/won't delete any Staff post whether it's useless or whatsoever. Staffs are an example for the whole community. (excluding Arran and Brian on this point, they can do whatever the want, they own the server.)
what if there's nothing else to add when casting your vote, what if everyone has already made all the possible points?
Still, people have to write their opinion in an intelligent way even if there were nothing to add, we can post/comment the same idea in various ways, rather than just "I like the idea, upvoting/downvoting, quoting others posts, etc..)
In addition, posting by your own opinion would let us NOT think that the same vote was manipulated.
What if they need to ask a question or debate over it before casting their vote, they might need more info before deciding?
I've done this before in several suggestions, I asked, got an answer, then voted in another post according to what people explained, and I don't remember that one of the moderators deleted it.

Adding a tick or a cross at the end/top is very helpful for whoever counts suggestion votes, and yeah to not miscount any vote just because a Positive or a Negative word is hiding somewhere in a wall of text.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #25 on: 19 02, 2022, 03:02:19 pm »
I would like to see more topics get tagged so I've added + (can't put [ and ] without SMF changing it to a bullet point) for +10 votes. There are plenty of suggestions that I'd consider worth doing but don't get to [++] (15+ votes) and if they're not worth doing someone can move them to the new 'Backlogged' board. I've also removed some other rules (like how topics will be locked even if they are supported but haven't been implemented within a certain time) and I've also made a fresh new topic with all the posts integrated into the first post.

So @Dokt0R @HosttyBoy @Darius @TwCafe please be aware of the new locking rules: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=382441.0

- Forum: Added a 'Low Priority' tag for discussion topics so a topic with 10+ votes can't be locked. (Arran + CoPe)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.