Author Topic: I have high ping problem  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Thor45

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Thor45
I have high ping problem
« on: 24 07, 2022, 09:25:53 pm »
I was have stabile 60-70 ping but since 1week I have stabile 150-160 ping and this problem only happening when I enter mta-cit idk how can I fix it I try to reset my modem couple times and I talk with my internet provider company they told me ur ping values normal and this is true cause I have high ping only mta-cit but still its didnt work to fix my problem its really feeling so bad when I play with high ping   :cry: :cry:

Online Maximo

• Regular Community Member
  • The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
Re: I have high ping problem
« Reply #1 on: 25 07, 2022, 12:26:22 am »
I mean like, how is it in other games? Do you play other games without lags? Or you didn't try yet?

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #2 on: 25 07, 2022, 04:55:47 am »
Can you show us your network status using /shownetstat ?
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #3 on: 25 07, 2022, 05:35:40 am »
I was have stabile 60-70 ping but since 1week I have stabile 150-160 ping and this problem only happening when I enter mta-cit idk how can I fix it I try to reset my modem couple times and I talk with my internet provider company they told me ur ping values normal and this is true cause I have high ping only mta-cit but still its didnt work to fix my problem its really feeling so bad when I play with high ping   :cry: :cry:
Check your packet loss from /shownetstat as Coke mentioned above, also sometimes your ping rises because of a routing path change from your ISP end. (Routing is basically the path taken by the packets from your router to the server and vice versa). Your ISPs can change the routing without any warning, and that's pretty common.

And sometimes these routing paths pick up latencies in particular areas (here for example, France, CIT server), so your ping might have risen than what you used to have.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Thor45

« Reply #4 on: 25 07, 2022, 12:45:23 pm »
Can you show us your network status using /shownetstat ?

https://imgur.com/peET9Rb

Offline Thor45

« Reply #5 on: 25 07, 2022, 12:47:33 pm »
I mean like, how is it in other games? Do you play other games without lags? Or you didn't try yet?
I am playing valorant apex legends rust and another couple games without any lag and ping problem

Offline Thor45

« Reply #6 on: 25 07, 2022, 12:51:54 pm »
Check your packet loss from /shownetstat as Coke mentioned above, also sometimes your ping rises because of a routing path change from your ISP end. (Routing is basically the path taken by the packets from your router to the server and vice versa). Your ISPs can change the routing without any warning, and that's pretty common.

And sometimes these routing paths pick up latencies in particular areas (here for example, France, CIT server), so your ping might have risen than what you used to have.

https://imgur.com/a/OI2aW5e I think I dont have packet loss problem and I talk my ISPs they told me the server with your modem is a crowded server, I'm transferring you to a cleaner and smoother server. but this didnt fix my problem. Honestly I don't think I have a ping issue because I don't have any ping issues in any other game it's just a game specific issue so I can't be mad at my internet provider or blame them

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Feeling good, man!
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #7 on: 26 07, 2022, 12:21:30 pm »
If you do not meet these requirments, something could be wrong with your computer or internet connection. So, let's start with finding the problem and fixing it.

Close all background programs (including the ones in the system tray (the icons near the clock)) and see if that solves the problem. A program could be downloading or uploading things in the background.

Scan for virusses. If you have a virus, your computer could be part of a botnet and uploading, causing your connection to get saturated. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good scanner.
Windows Updates could also be downloading updates in the background, so temporarily disable it by going to start > services.msc > right click 'Windows Update' > Stop.

If that all doesn't work, try to reboot your modem/router. Some standard ISP modems/routers really suck and got to be restarted every week or so. Keep in mind that your internet gets disconnected for a few minutes.

Run a tracert to CIT (start > cmd > tracert s2.cit.gg and wait until it's finished). Check if there is a lot of packetloss or high peaks. If you have high peaks and packetloss afer a few hops, contact your ISP.

Try connecting with a VPN. These countries are known to block online gaming and/or VoIP and P2P traffic (which affects online gaming), and the only way to bypass that, is by using a VPN.
« Last Edit: 26 07, 2022, 12:23:11 pm by Coke »
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Thor45

« Reply #8 on: 26 07, 2022, 02:18:33 pm »
If you do not meet these requirments, something could be wrong with your computer or internet connection. So, let's start with finding the problem and fixing it.

Close all background programs (including the ones in the system tray (the icons near the clock)) and see if that solves the problem. A program could be downloading or uploading things in the background.

Scan for virusses. If you have a virus, your computer could be part of a botnet and uploading, causing your connection to get saturated. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good scanner.
Windows Updates could also be downloading updates in the background, so temporarily disable it by going to start > services.msc > right click 'Windows Update' > Stop.

If that all doesn't work, try to reboot your modem/router. Some standard ISP modems/routers really suck and got to be restarted every week or so. Keep in mind that your internet gets disconnected for a few minutes.

Run a tracert to CIT (start > cmd > tracert s2.cit.gg and wait until it's finished). Check if there is a lot of packetloss or high peaks. If you have high peaks and packetloss afer a few hops, contact your ISP.

Try connecting with a VPN. These countries are known to block online gaming and/or VoIP and P2P traffic (which affects online gaming), and the only way to bypass that, is by using a VPN.

already I was try to reset my router a couple times but now its worked now my ping is 60-70 I didnt understand how this happened but thanks for ur help

Offline TheCwN

• Regular Community Member
  • Fear less, dominate more.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: TheCwN
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #9 on: 02 08, 2022, 02:19:16 am »
What counts as "fast internet" is subjective and differs from person to person. However, every online game comes with a minimum internet bandwidth requirement. So, unless you meet that criterion, there is no point in trying to optimize something that will never hit the minimum at its 100% best. Also, background apps left unchecked can eat up your internet bandwidth, affecting other priority tasks like gaming. You can quickly identify such apps using the Task Manager. If there is any work in the area where you live owned by the internet company you have used, it may adversely affect your internet. For this, you may need to call them and find out what is going on. I think maybe if you understand that the problem is not caused by you, you will at least relax for a while and get rid of the question mark in your mind.

Offline K90

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K90
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #10 on: 02 08, 2022, 02:26:18 am »
Are you using wifi? if yes, the best (and only) solution is to buy a LAN cable. A wired connection is faster and better than wireless. I had the same issue and everything got fixed by just buying that cable. That way there won't be any interference between you and the router.
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."  Carl Sagan

Offline Berkay.

• Donator L1
  • Ingame: Berkay
« Reply #11 on: 04 08, 2022, 12:26:43 pm »
I had the same problem. This problem was solved by changing the internet box. Otherwise, switch to wired internet.

Offline Brand

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #12 on: 11 08, 2022, 11:42:01 pm »
@45kgsomaliankid Have you managed to resolve your issue?
Thank you, Java.