Poll

Commonly used words in GTA SA to be allowed?

Yes to: anything containing "shit"
48 (6.6%)
Yes to: anything containing "fuck"
44 (6%)
Yes to: anything containing "bitch"
38 (5.2%)
Yes to: anything containing "ass"
43 (5.9%)
Yes to: anything containing "dick"
40 (5.5%)
Yes to: nigga (I guess this is already allowed?)
39 (5.3%)
Yes to: bastard
40 (5.5%)
Yes to: prick
36 (4.9%)
Yes to: whore
32 (4.4%)
No to: anything containing "shit"
30 (4.1%)
No to: anything containing "fuck"
42 (5.8%)
No to: anything containing "bitch"
49 (6.7%)
No to: anything containing "ass"
38 (5.2%)
No to: anything containing "dick"
44 (6%)
No to: nigga (I guess this is already allowed?)
34 (4.7%)
No to: bastard
42 (5.8%)
No to: prick
43 (5.9%)
No to: whore
48 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: 30 12, 2019, 02:16:53 pm

Author Topic: [Discussion + Poll] GTA SA swear words in-game won't be punishable anymore  (Read 520138 times)

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
Re: [Discussion]"Fuck you" & "Fuck off" won't be punishable anymore
« Reply #15 on: 27 12, 2019, 11:59:57 am »
Can't CIT just make a table of all punishable insults and if one of those is being used, replace it with just a few stars?
Like if I say: Get the fuck out of my car.
It'll convert it to: Get the **** out of my car.

Then all children eyes are saved.

And perhaps an option for those who are 18+ so they can disable it. As I don't care about someone who wants to let his rage out.
« Last Edit: 27 12, 2019, 12:02:44 pm by Ptole »

Offline Nikos

• The Helper & Bikers Leader
  • Honorable
  • Perfected noob
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: NoodleLovers
« Reply #16 on: 27 12, 2019, 12:05:06 pm »
Just allow all flames except racial ones and those who include family members, it's so simple. I know what is hiding behind those annoying *, no need to hide it, it won't make anyone less mad.
But the community after many years without flames has become so soft. I don't if this update will be good.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Capodecina

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BOCA
  • Ingame: Capodecina
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #17 on: 27 12, 2019, 12:34:18 pm »
Just allow all flames except racial ones and those who include family members, it's so simple. I know what is hiding behind those annoying *, no need to hide it, it won't make anyone less mad.
But the community after many years without flames has become so soft. I don't if this update will be good.

Exaclty, even with **** we know what they meaning. So why should we hide it?

I totally agreed with ur suggestion  :tick:

Offline chaiNNAlAzim07

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: chaiNN07
  • Squad: Impacted
« Reply #18 on: 27 12, 2019, 12:52:58 pm »
Everybody is responsible for his actions, I mean if you joined this game and u know it's +18 game then don't come back later complain others for saying fuck u or fuckoff.

from my personal experience fuck off and fuck you are words used by English Speakers in whole world and ppl don’t really get offended by that the fact that someone gets offended by these words is funny, tho we are in a community with Majority Arabs,Turks,Asians(in general) which they might get offended by these words since they are not used to it needless to say most of CIT players are -18 and The game itself is +18
i’m neutral with this
This man explained everything already.

Offline Ninjazyx

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: zyx
« Reply #19 on: 27 12, 2019, 02:12:31 pm »
Id acc anykind of flames in a +18 game expect these who include family members or relegions it will piss me off and make me serious.  :tick:
Enlightenment is knowing the value of one’s ignorance.
~ Lee Sin

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #20 on: 27 12, 2019, 02:14:32 pm »
I propose that words commonly used in GTA SA won't be punishable and someone was kind enough to actually make a video that we can use to quickly hear all swear words used in GTA SA:

Basically, 90% of it is "fuck" shame they had to go and use "cunt" once I think we should disregard that 1 since it's only said once and "twat" was used like 3 times too whereas "fuck", "nigga", "shit" were used many times. "cock sucker" was used once too so we can disregard that and "pussies" was used once so lets disregard that / "pussy".

I'll make a list of the common swear words which were commonly used to be acceptable IMO, in fact lets add a poll for each to see.
- anything containing "shit"
- anything containing "fuck"
- anything containing "bitch"
- anything containing "ass"
- bastard
- nigga (I guess this is already allowed?)
- anything containing "dick"
- prick
- whore
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline noax

• suck my anaconda and feel happy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: noax
« Reply #21 on: 27 12, 2019, 02:14:51 pm »
My opinion is same as senza's one. I've no problem with this word, even if my friend or someone said "fuckyou" I've never and ever report him or smth.
" Work hard and never say it's over "

Offline Trapsfall

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Blessed_Ones
  • Ingame: Trapsfall
« Reply #22 on: 27 12, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »
The problem is that some players try to get others into trouble by triggering them while making sure whether they are breaking rules themselves. These cowards tend to ask in cad whether 'xyz to be said is punishable or not', then they bomb others with bullshit if clarification by staffs favours them. This option would support nothing but minor provocation that is totally unnecessary.

@Goku Black you may be interested in this topic.

Offline yanza

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: 27 12, 2019, 02:28:56 pm »
I propose that words commonly used in GTA SA won't be punishable and someone was kind enough to actually make a video that we can use to quickly hear all swear words used in GTA SA:

Basically, 90% of it is "fuck" shame they had to go and use "cunt" once I think we should disregard that 1 since it's only said once and "twat" was used like 3 times too whereas "fuck", "nigga", "shit" were used many times. "cock sucker" was used once too so we can disregard that and "pussies" was used once so lets disregard that / "pussy".

I'll make a list of the common swear words which were commonly used to be acceptable IMO, in fact lets add a poll for each to see.
- anything containing "shit"
- anything containing "fuck"
- anything containing "bitch"
- anything containing "ass"
- bastard
- nigga (I guess this is already allowed?)
- anything containing "dick"
- prick
- whore
Yep you right because nowadays in CIT all use those words like when they lose duels or when got killed in CE's/AR's and about the real San Andreas yes its right since when I was completed it cuz of not having the internet so I think those common words are not a big deal, that words used in every mission of real San Andreas game so why not this should not be punishable in CIT.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Discussion + Poll] GTA SA swear words won't be punishable anymore
« Reply #24 on: 27 12, 2019, 05:19:18 pm »
A very clear majority (it was 14 v 1) support all these words being made free to use, so it shall be.

This change is in-game only. You can't fill the forum with abuse and expect to go unpunished. The forum is for civil discourse. You can say these words on the forum but not if they're directed at other forum users or players.

I decided to re-open voting here but clearly people were voting emotionally after the change was implemented and many want it removing but only because it was just added and players are adjusting themselves to it. So I won't consider the changes in the votes as valid.
« Last Edit: 28 12, 2019, 01:10:33 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.