Author Topic: [+++] Improvements to F6 panel  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
[+++] Improvements to F6 panel
« on: 21 03, 2022, 06:53:21 pm »
A few weeks ago I decided to create a more organized panel for /gps feature and with that in mind, I decided to look for other GUIs that could be improved to make it a little more attractive and organized. At the moment, I don't really feel comfortable looking at the Groups, Squads, and Units panel as there are a lot of buttons grouped together in a small place, and even buttons with different sizes that don't make it look good.

I decided to organize the panel in a different way, separating it into two areas, one focused on the Group/Squad Administration (for leaders and founders) and a "Members Area", which consists of buttons that are not part of the management. Oh, and instead of having 3 tabs, the panel will have a 4th tab that will have the same function as the current "Join Country Squad", but with a more detailed explanation.

Here you can see the new GUI design:
- Group
- Squad
- Unit
- Help your country*

As you can see, the main changes are in the organization. Group and Squad tabs are similar but have a few more information displayed (like creation date, level, job name, etc) that could be implemented and another improvement is giving the leaders/founders the ability to choose a graffiti to be shown when checking their F6, meaning they could pick an existing group/squad graffiti to choose to be displayed. This could make the panel a little more attractive.

The Unit panel is basically the same, but now you have information about how it works and the buttons are more organized.

I decided to create the last tab because although it's related to the Squad tab, I don't think it would fit well there since a lot of people try to click that button while in a squad, or there just isn't enough information about how it works, so the fourth tab generally describes its purpose.
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2022, 03:52:09 am by TwCafe »
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline yermum

• Senior Community Member
  • 2 0 1 1 - 2 0 2 4(CIT PLAYER)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: yermum
  • Squad: yermumTeam
Re: Improvements to F6 panel
« Reply #1 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:11:51 pm »
You did a great job here, you organized the F6 panel so good, and it looks so amazing, but I have some questions.

Instead of the 'Graffiti' can it be 'Group logo'? because only few groups have graffities.

Also I have one idea about the 'help your country'

Instead of joining in a squad to help you country mates, it would be better if a tab in f6 appears as a something new, with the current name, it will be used same as the current one, but it wont be counted as squad future, but something new.
I mean I'm already in a squad, but I want to help my country mates, So instead of leaving my squad and joining in 'my country's squad' there will be a list, with all the country players of each country.

some futures if you find it necessary and it helps you to get some ideas,
Players Will be able to leave the 'help your country'
some trusted Community players with 'forum ranks' will be set as something like managers.
and etc, stuff that you will decide only if you're going to make that.

I'm just saying my opinion and something that might help, as many people cant help their country mates since we can not leave our current squads.

Supporting that.  :tick:

Proud DSG Founder. | Ex. 1st ICM. | Ex. Senior DJ. | Ex. XCAV Founder. | Ex. CitiZeNs Co-Founder. | Ex. ChaosGuardians Leader.

Darwin97

« Reply #2 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:12:09 pm »
Positive

The design is great and its much more organized and understandable than what we have currently it also more useful features like creation date, graffiti etc...

Instead of the 'Graffiti' can it be 'Group logo'? because only few groups have graffities.

Group logo is useless to have though. Why would I care how my group logo looks like? I would like to see what graffiti my group has and if they have one

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #3 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:21:49 pm »
Nope, because I don't want people to piss off Devs to upload a new image for their group/squad every time they change their mind. Graffiti is an existing thing, so they will be just implemented to group panels.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #4 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:41:14 pm »
It is indeed a very well organized version of the original one. I dont see anything that goes or makes it a negative. I vote positive  :tick:

One question, does the Leader section appears if you're a member only? If so, it would be a nice touch to make it invisible if you're still a member

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #5 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:48:25 pm »
One question, does the Leader section appears if you're a member only? If so, it would be a nice touch to make it invisible if you're still a member
Everyone will see that. Maybe whoever is going to handle it can make the buttons unavailable, if no access to use.

Darwin97

« Reply #6 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:48:58 pm »
Everyone will see that. Maybe whoever is going to handle it can make the buttons unavailable, if no access to use.

Won't the panel look empty tho?

Offline Thug

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #7 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:50:27 pm »
Nice one for real, it's needed since there's nothing happned in the GUI of F6 a long time ago.. I do believe it's nice to be added and I'd like to use it in feature.. nice one Vampire,  :tick:

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #8 on: 21 03, 2022, 07:50:44 pm »
Won't the panel look empty tho?
I never said hidden, I said unavailable, meaning gray button so you can't click. But that would be optional to the developer.
« Last Edit: 21 03, 2022, 07:54:31 pm by Vampire »

Offline yermum

• Senior Community Member
  • 2 0 1 1 - 2 0 2 4(CIT PLAYER)
  • Ingame: yermum
  • Squad: yermumTeam
« Reply #9 on: 21 03, 2022, 08:16:28 pm »
Don't you think that the 'Help your Country' shouldn't be 'squad' but instead something else? or this should be a new suggestion?

Proud DSG Founder. | Ex. 1st ICM. | Ex. Senior DJ. | Ex. XCAV Founder. | Ex. CitiZeNs Co-Founder. | Ex. ChaosGuardians Leader.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #10 on: 21 03, 2022, 08:19:50 pm »
Don't you think that the 'Help your Country' shouldn't be 'squad' but instead something else? or this should be a new suggestion?
Imo, it's better to make another suggestion.

Offline ZezitOS

• BOCA Leader
  • New Community Member
  • The NonLegend ZezitOS
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BOCA
  • Ingame: ZezitOS
  • Squad: 93BoyZ
« Reply #11 on: 21 03, 2022, 08:35:12 pm »
The idea does look good indeed.

You have set it very well organized and easy to manage. Plus, I love the idea of having the graffiti option there, with the chosen one being shown, it adds more style to it.
There's also the thing about how you thought of this, you didn't only focus on organizing the panel, you also added useful information such as introduction to each "section".

There's no way to down vote such idea, which means, I'm positive.

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 21 03, 2022, 08:43:11 pm »
Can we have a counter too under or above total players with total skins and total vehicle skins? Upvoting anyway

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline Skyscrap

• L3 Staff
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • Ingame: [CIT]Skyscrap
« Reply #13 on: 21 03, 2022, 08:54:23 pm »
Looks to be a good upgrade to the panel, won't harm anything in my opinion but makes things more decent and organized.

Positive :tick:
Skyscrap added as PAM. (20.01.2022 Ptole + Burner + Brian + Danzy)
Added Skyscrap as Junior Criminal boss (06.05.2023 CB Team)
Skyscrap added as Trial Staff. (14.08.2023 Head Staff)
Discord: skyscrap.

Offline AlabasterSlim

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 21 03, 2022, 09:03:34 pm »
I do like the GUI you provided as it is structured with the credential information regarding groups and squads. I'm all for the new addition of the GUI as the current one is "outdated."