Author Topic: [+++] Press 2 to spawn at the nearest location in spawn panel  (Read 1972 times)

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
Hey dear community,

Here comes a suggestion about the spawn location.

Let me explain first, there're 3 ways we can choose to spawn when killed:
1. Press nothing to spawn at the nearest hospital.
2. Press 1 to spawn at selected custom location.
3. Press 2 to spawn at the nearest custom location.

Which means if you want to spawn at the nearest custom location(You might not know where it exactly is.), you press 2, and if you want to spawn at a certain custom location, you press 1 so you can choose it, or else? Don't press any key makes you spawn at a nearest hospital.

Okay, now here is a problem I always met.
For example: When I fight in Vagos House, Drug Shipment or Jefferson Motel, or anywhere east LS and I'm killed without press any key, I spawn at Jefferson Hospital, but if I press 2, I spawn at LSPD, which means I expect there's an MPCC truck or any custom location nearer than a hospital BUT I spawn at a farther location(LSPD).

The 'hospitals' are NOT included in the option 2, so when you press 2, you might spawn at a farther location.
And my suggestion is very simple but really helpful. Making hospitals be included in option 2 in spawn panel
Press 2 to spawn at the nearest location. I changed this line and title, thanks to DeathWish, he makes it better.

We might fight the enemies at anywhere and it's hard to know all the custom spawn locations exactly are. When we press 2, we expect to spawn at a nearest location as possible no matter it's a base, house or a hospital.

And after this update, it will be changed to:
1. Press nothing to spawn at the nearest hospital.
2. Press 1 to spawn at selected custom location.
3. Press 2 to spawn at the nearest custom location.

So you can just press 2 at any situation, that will make you spawn at any nearest location, hospital, house, base zone. No more worry whether it leads to the a farther location just because you want to spawn at a custom one.

If you're supporting this, or anything want to discuss with me, feel free to reply here.

Edited:
There're some replies from the community that I think they mention the problem currently.
And maybe a question You want to ask, so I make it in my main topic.
During a CnR fight, it could happen in any where the map, it's impossible to know whether I got a custom spawn location nearby, and cannot decide press nothing or press 2 to make myself spawn at the nearest location. I believe it's better adding such an idea, and that's what we expect.  :tick:
:tick:

Well yea this "press 2" thing is completely useless right now. It always spawns you far away due to not counting hospitals so it count em to make this feature useful.
If you're nearer LSPD than a hospital, do u press 2 or press nothing? You know you press 2 to spawn at LSPD because it's nearer than a hospital. And what if the hospital is nearer than LSPD? And do u notice all the custom spawn locations exactly at? it's really hard to know, and we cannot always make a decision in 3 secs to choose press 2 or press nothing, make the option 2 the nearest location, not only the custom but also hospitals, so it won't lead you to a farther custom spawn location.
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2022, 03:51:52 am by TwCafe »
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Nobody_

• Senior Community Member
  • Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
Re: Making hospitals be included in option 2 in spawn panel
« Reply #1 on: 30 03, 2022, 02:54:24 pm »
I totally agree with that, although I think it's a little stupid on our part. The name itself says "spawn nearest custom", and even then, we pressed it for haste or anxiety  :kek2:.
I vote positive for this, as I believe it is not just with us that this happens. And when we press the button, it's for us to spawn in the nearest place

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline HaMa

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HaMa
« Reply #2 on: 30 03, 2022, 03:08:59 pm »
I'm Upvoting, sometimes I cannot decide I should spawn at a hospital or a custom place, so make the option to the nearest location, instead of the nearest custom.

Offline Kingslayer

• DoM - CA
  • Ingame: Kingslayer
  • Squad: 7THbloodborne
« Reply #3 on: 30 03, 2022, 03:13:39 pm »
Press nothing spawn to nearest hospital avoiding farm kills, cause sometimes I saw a report that doing farm kills like if they found a afk,  they will get it using a car then farming kills
this idea help for lv  players cause a lot of players afk in lv  :kek5:

Voting  :tick: nice idea
Show content
sry my english is bad
Former: GLM and Guide #PINOYFTW!!
"Don't be afraid to fail, failure is just a temporary setback on the road to success. Pick yourself up, learn from it, and keep moving forward."

Darwin97

« Reply #4 on: 30 03, 2022, 08:19:21 pm »
Isn't it easier to just make a button that gets you to the closest spawn regardless if its a hospital or a custom one?

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #5 on: 31 03, 2022, 01:24:17 am »
Isn't it easier to just make a button that gets you to the closest spawn regardless if its a hospital or a custom one?
@DeathWish Hey, mate

After discussing with my friends, I change the title to Press 2 to spawn at the nearest location in spawn panel, actually it's the same as make the 'hospital' to option 2, but might be easier to understand.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Thug

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: 18th
Re: Press 2 to spawn at the nearest location in spawn panel
« Reply #6 on: 31 03, 2022, 03:17:11 am »
During a CnR fight, it could happen in any where the map, it's impossible to know whether I got a custom spawn location nearby, and cannot decide press nothing or press 2 to make myself spawn at the nearest location. I believe it's better adding such an idea, and that's what we expect.  :tick:

Online CoPe.

• Scary Founder
  • Just be happy :)
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: CoPe
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #7 on: 31 03, 2022, 03:19:56 am »
Sometimes, I act a cop fighting to criminals, when in some counties it's hard for me to choose if I should press 2 to spawn nearer than press nothing. This is much helpful for everyone, that can just press 2 to spawn at the nearest location directly.  :tick:

Offline Sheriff

• Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sheriff
  • Squad: Rednecks
« Reply #8 on: 31 03, 2022, 05:04:01 am »

Well yea this "press 2" thing is completely useless right now. It always spawns you far away due to not counting hospitals so it count em to make this feature useful.

Offline BirdBoy

YearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 31 03, 2022, 07:49:57 pm »
After adding this, I can be sure I spawn at the nearest location all the time by pressing 2.  :tick:

Offline Lucifer.

• FBI Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Your local crime-solving Devil
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #10 on: 31 03, 2022, 09:09:58 pm »

As Sheriff said, the press 2 thing doesn't count nearest hospitals and instead spawns you at a custom spawn or property which is actually way farther from a technically closest spawn point

I think hospitals should be counted in the closest spawns and the player should get teleported to hospitals as well after dying and pressing 2.

Positive
-------------------------------------

Offline Brondo

• Junior Community Member
  • No one is Perfect
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #11 on: 31 03, 2022, 09:14:51 pm »
Current 'Press 2' usually puts me in the most random locations, I also agree with Sheriff, would be a good addition
Positive :tick:

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 31 03, 2022, 09:28:02 pm »

Would be a pain in the ass when you spawn at a location too far from the place where you died indeed. so this addition would save time and frustration.

Offline Emberthal

• Scalecommander
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Emberthal
  • Squad: Hold_On
« Reply #13 on: 31 03, 2022, 09:36:22 pm »
Sometimes it takes away my motivation to get back into the fight, cuz when I die, I press 2 and I spawn at a location far away from the AR, and when I finally get back, the place might be already clear. Positive. :tick:
The Scalecommander of the Ebon Scales

Offline TomHartS2

• Do your best, even if others don't recognize.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: TomHartS2
  • Squad: MP
« Reply #14 on: 31 03, 2022, 10:23:13 pm »
It's a good suggestion, and can turn the custom location more useful, since right now it's not very useful because it doesnt have the hospitals on the list of custom location spawns....
Also why not adding fire departments in the custom list? I think fire departments are places to be included.. 
Positive on your suggestion  :tick:
Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming!

★Respect My History★