Author Topic: Late January 2013  (Read 14460 times)

Offline ElTongaZ

• Senior Community Member
  • Fly on... Little wing
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: ElTongaZ
  • Squad: Anti Riot
Re: Late January 2013
« Reply #30 on: 25 01, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »
Edit 2: I decided to try the server as a new player and see what it was like. I concluded that the server is an awful experience for new players, hard to get money, the only criminal job you can do is house robbing which you can't even do because you can't get back on your free vehicle when you're wanted. The vehicle DM script also made life hard, I even got punished for it. So I made a variety of small changes like making vehicle punch punisher a lot more lenient and letting you get on your free vehicle when wanted.

I also realised how incredibly bad the criminal work is. The house robbery script is a complete joke, it's something I rushed up in a few hours 2 years ago. Unfortunately though we've always been busy doing other updates and it seems that nobody was ever interested in pushing more for proper CnR updates in server development board. So I'll have to make the idea and the script by myself.
This is what the players need, that the developers try the server for themselves, Im not saying that is wrong everything done until now, but this way the developers can get an objective way of viewing the server and the problems, instead of reading everybody's problems.
Hopefully (Im sure 100%) the changes in the future will make the server a lot better.
Money is an abstract form of human happiness, so who is no longer able to appreciate the true human happiness, is completely dedicated to it

Spanish Board Moderator | BNA Special Agent in Charge SCU Commander | AR Lieutenant Colonel

Offline Albertosso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ---
  • Ingame: not active
  • Squad: ---
« Reply #31 on: 25 01, 2013, 04:07:50 pm »
I'm some kind of surprized that you tryed the server as a new player and you saw how hard is to play on it that way. Adding the fact that the new players are....... new.... and they don't know where the jobs are, criminal events interval, the group system ( especialy the turf / MW) and so on, that may make the CIT experience even worse.

In addition of this I'dd like to mention that the FAQ (F1) system can be a lot improved.
I'm talking about the translations and I saw that only the rules are translated into 15-20 languages. The rest of the guide is in english only. I know is a lot to work but I'dd like to see the whole guide translated.
And about this, we ( the Community) can help you with the translations. ( At least I'm talking about myself... I will and I am able to translate parts from it into romanian and i'm sure that Lapeno, B.L.U.E., Dragosh and many others will respond if they are asked.) Just let community help you.
You can say that you don't trust the quality of the translations... Ok! Make this available for RCM+ only. I'm sure that there will be people interested into developing this. I know it's a lot to work but I hope this will be implemented.

Regards.

P.S. The last part fits better to serv. dvlp. but since I can't acces it, I thought that it might be better to post it here.
Ex. Regular Community Member
Ex. RO, SAPD and FP member

Proud player of 2012-2015 era.

in-active - forum only
About me

It's Albert, not Alber, Abler, Alberto, Ablerto or anything like that.

pachichi

« Reply #32 on: 25 01, 2013, 06:05:26 pm »
good job arran.

Sandy

« Reply #33 on: 25 01, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »
I also realised how incredibly bad the criminal work is. The house robbery script is a complete joke, it's something I rushed up in a few hours 2 years ago. Unfortunately though we've always been busy doing other updates and it seems that nobody was ever interested in pushing more for proper CnR updates in server development board. So I'll have to make the idea and the script by myself.

I had an awsome idea for house robber, but I think I never got around to posting it.

I could post it, if anyone wants to hear it.

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #34 on: 25 01, 2013, 07:14:12 pm »

You could just make it the same as druglabs but with an appropriate animation at the window or something, with criminals getting a decent pay and cops getting the cash that would of been stolen.

You're right that San Fierro would probably be empty if it was CnR so perhaps it'd be better if it was made into another turf city.

Yeah it will be cool, but then turfing will be so empty overall and cash would be extremely easy to make.
Perhaps you can lower the cash that is gained in SF turfs.

We don't have much news and I checked that news blog which isn't used either so I thought I might as well post about stuff that's been happening.

There's a blog modification for SMF, which you could use to increase the activity of a blog.
« Last Edit: 25 01, 2013, 07:58:29 pm by Zach »
I miss nr7

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #35 on: 25 01, 2013, 07:56:46 pm »
I'm already working on a new house robbery script, expect it on the server by Saturday or even tonight depending on how much goes wrong with it.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Fizzy

« Reply #36 on: 25 01, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »
Arran dont misunderstand me,but I just wonder.Does your script increases any idea from here
Show content
                                                                    Just an idea
Guys I have an idea to improve burglary.You know when you are criminal you can burgle houses by boring way.In this point I have a great idea (i think) to improve burglary system.In my suggestion when you go to red house blip, you will be beamed to small houses in first levels.And when you level up you ll go more bigger houses due to your level.. And second question is "What will you do in houses?" In houses you ll try to find something.That can be a diamond,briefcase etc. And when you find it you ll escape from house and you will get your money.And due to your level, also your payment will be icrease too , like houses sizes.

Constant

« Reply #37 on: 25 01, 2013, 08:42:30 pm »
Is it possible to make the house robbery similar to the original single-player house robbery? In the single player game, I remember that you sneak through the house and carry things out such as TV's and radios and stuff. And if you make too much noise, then you become wanted.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #38 on: 25 01, 2013, 10:31:37 pm »
Is it possible to make the house robbery similar to the original single-player house robbery? In the single player game, I remember that you sneak through the house and carry things out such as TV's and radios and stuff. And if you make too much noise, then you become wanted.

It'll be like that yes.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Fizzy

« Reply #39 on: 25 01, 2013, 10:39:38 pm »
Then another nice scprict is coming...Criminals will be more famous now.But I have a question have about that.Will criminals have levels for house robberies?

IronHide

« Reply #40 on: 25 01, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »
It'll be like that yes.
It would be like this :
To steal objects/robbing houses you need to follow this steps:
1 - find a van(model-id = 609)
2 - find a house and park the van not too far away.
3 - enter the house, search for the object and press WALK to pick it up (you can press JUMP, CROUCH or SPRINT to leave it on the ground).
4 - take it to the van and press WALK to place it inside.
5 - Once you loaded it, you have to take it to the blue skull icon on the map and park there (sorry, I forgot to add a checkpoint to point the place where to park. Hopefully you can see it in the video).

^

shinne993

« Reply #41 on: 26 01, 2013, 08:40:35 am »
It would be like this :
To steal objects/robbing houses you need to follow this steps:
1 - find a van(model-id = 609)
2 - find a house and park the van not too far away.
3 - enter the house, search for the object and press WALK to pick it up (you can press JUMP, CROUCH or SPRINT to leave it on the ground).
4 - take it to the van and press WALK to place it inside.
5 - Once you loaded it, you have to take it to the blue skull icon on the map and park there (sorry, I forgot to add a checkpoint to point the place where to park. Hopefully you can see it in the video).

^
nice idea!!! I really like ur video  ;)

Offline DJ-Kil1eR

• Junior Community Member
  • Love is all.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Kil1eR
« Reply #42 on: 26 01, 2013, 11:34:38 am »
It will be nice if it's the video.

Anon.exe

« Reply #43 on: 26 01, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »
Impressive development is impressive.

And also worth mentioning, as CLDM monkey I've noticed DM is cut down in half. This is very, very awesome.

superr

« Reply #44 on: 26 01, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »
Nice idea..  ;D