Author Topic: [Danzy] Checkpoints in bus driver job  (Read 2041 times)

Offline MilkyWay

• HoBoS Leader
  • Fire in the hole!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: ice
Re: Checkpoints in bus driver job
« Reply #15 on: 20 01, 2022, 04:46:53 pm »
The most I'm willing to do is make the checkpoints disappear if you get relatively close to them, I'm not going to completely remove it. If I wanted to remove the checkpoints I wouldn't have reworked the job to begin with.

If making them disappear while approaching is agreeable to you, I'm willing to do that.
If that's the only choice then I agree. But I don't think it will change much of the situation. Let's see if other players have a say.
Former Criminal Boss & Country Supporter
Snakes Motorcycle Club
CAMORRA
HoBoS
~2012

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: 20 01, 2022, 10:38:21 pm »
If I wanted to remove the checkpoints I wouldn't have reworked the job to begin with.

Understandable Danzy, that's also better than nothing  0:) However since you're the guy who spent time on this, it should be up to you.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Ala

• New Community Member
  • FB name : Aladin Kortas
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Ingame: Ala*ESS
  • Squad: Classic_Car_Clu
« Reply #17 on: 21 01, 2022, 01:44:17 am »
my vote negative, will be more complicated for new players, I don't see checkpoints like a race. contrary the checkpoint system make you easy to know where you will go. 
Welcome to CIT Forum i am here for Help

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
« Reply #18 on: 21 01, 2022, 01:47:42 am »
my vote negative, will be more complicated for new players, I don't see checkpoints like a race. contrary the checkpoint system make you easy to know where you will go.
I believe what he means is that if you miss a checkpoint you can't claim the next stop till you claim all the checks.
The most I'm willing to do is make the checkpoints disappear if you get relatively close to them, I'm not going to completely remove it. If I wanted to remove the checkpoints I wouldn't have reworked the job to begin with.

If making them disappear while approaching is agreeable to you, I'm willing to do that.
Yeah, just widening the radius of the green checkpoints (midway) a little would be awesome, we already have to slow down at the stations anyways.

Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #19 on: 21 01, 2022, 03:01:39 am »

This would be a better option for us instead of removing all the markers.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: 21 01, 2022, 02:49:42 pm »
Removing checkpoints completely is pretty much infeasible due to the way the job works with routes.

I'm going to make the checkpoints disappear once you are approaching them kind of like the station ding before a bus stop. However checkpoints will disappear based on how fast you are going, the faster you are the further away from you the checkpoint will disappear. And in reverse, the slower you go, the closer you need to be to the checkpoint to make it disappear, however the main difference is that you won't actually have to hit the checkpoint itself, you can go wherever you please as long as you actually approach the checkpoint.

WIP.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Re: [Danzy] Checkpoints in bus driver job
« Reply #21 on: 21 01, 2022, 06:08:11 pm »
As already mentioned, the best thing would be to add an option to disable them, because then this would make it very difficult for new people to work as a bus driver.
There is an old saying that the worst part of hell is not the flames, but the loss of all hope.

Darwin97

« Reply #22 on: 24 01, 2022, 08:38:21 am »

I play Bus Driver every now and then and the checkpoints problem is a real one many times I missed a checkpoint by mistake and it was annoying

I agree with what you suggested Danzy and it keeps the checkpoints to help new players find the stops +1

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: [Danzy] Checkpoints in bus driver job
« Reply #23 on: 28 01, 2022, 11:14:50 am »
- Made bus driver job easier by allowing you to drive close to checkpoints without having to hit them. (Danzy + MilkyWay)
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.