Poll

Which vehicle do you think newbies should start with?

None, it's fine as it is.
1 (1.4%)
They should be able to pick 1 of these by theirselves
24 (32.9%)
Fagio ($5000)
20 (27.4%)
Moonbeam ($5000)
7 (9.6%)
BMX ($5000)
4 (5.5%)
Quadbike ($5000)
3 (4.1%)
Skateboard ($5000)
2 (2.7%)
Mountain Bike ($5000)
5 (6.8%)
Pizzaboy ($5000)
3 (4.1%)
Caddy ($5000)
4 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Providing beginners with a starting vehicle like a bicycle or a fagio  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Sheriff

• Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sheriff
  • Squad: Rednecks
Upvoting

It's useful to give em some cheap 5k vehicle. It can be frustrating to figure out how to buy vehicles and where veh shops are located at. This will give new players a bit softer start.

I believe we should let 'em choose which 5k vehicle they want at the beginning.

Offline mefo

• New Community Member
  • Pain Will Turn Into Evil.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: Mefo
  • Squad: XXXTENTACION
yes good idea in my country chat some noobs tell how to buy bike and how to get mouny and this good idea :tick:

Offline Covo

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: Bikers
When I joined the server I spent my first 30hours running arround los santos and trying to steal vehicles to enjoy driving , everytime I get a randim vehicle nd start driving her owner hide it I was so confused untill I found moto sotre, seeing NRG at the first time pushed me to work nd get money to buy it.

so in my opinion no need to make newbies more lazy with giving em money vehicles VIP hours etc ig theres a huge amount of benefits already downvoting.
Giving them a 5k worth vehicle makes them lazy?
Beside that comment I really like the concept of helping new peeps, would be even better if that vehicle is recoverable everywhere to not confuse them, I mean it's not that much of a perk.

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
Giving them a 5k worth vehicle makes them lazy?
Beside that comment I really like the concept of helping new peeps, would be even better if that vehicle is recoverable everywhere to not confuse them, I mean it's not that much of a perk.
They don't even know what they are choosing so I am going with Moonbeam as this vehicle is a four door car and maybe if they invited their friends they all can enjoy this or sit in the same car and have fun, Moonbeam is like a common car for newbies most of them have it and there should be a tutorial about how to recover vehicle as well maybe a video tutorial will be good because some don't even understand by words, so it can be more easy for them. Adding a tutorial about how to recover a vehicle as a video will be good therefore I am voting positive.
Well if it'd be like the car shop then they do have an idea of what they're buying. Perhaps they'll even be able to test the vehicle upfront.

Offline HarwoodButcher

• State Official
  • Shut up, sit down, relax.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: HarwoodButcher
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Positive because most new players don't even know where to go to even buy a car.

Anyways I'm mainly gonna go with they should be able to pick which one they want. What if they get a bike and they hates riding bikes? To be honest they should choose what they want and not us.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Offline Ahmed?

• Senior Community Member
  • Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
Anyone new to the game tried to get something like this and it is difficult to get it like that the person who joins the game does not know where to buy a car and does not have anything to move from one place to another and this is unfair including everyone wants to add something good to the game, as it will benefit new players, I'm sure of that, because it will benefit every new game, and not everyone will say no to this, because it is beneficial to new players positively .
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline WooZy

• Senior Community Member
  • noturtype
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: WooZy
  • Squad: CCC
Moonbeam would be a great vehicle for them , so im going with positive
Left the game, thanks for everything
ex SO, GLM, DJ, Guide x2
ex L7 Civilian group creator

Offline Twilight

• New Community Member
  • Deliverance.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: aegleseeker
  • Squad: Falken (dead)
Most new players don't know where to buy an vehicle.
with this suggestion, new players won't have the pain of walking around LS for hours.

Obviously going for Positive

That light is now beckoning me.
That light of the old world shining.
And in that light, i find Deliverance.

Offline Hrous

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Hrous
That's great. I hope that this will solve the problem with all the newbies who beg for money "for buying a car". Also, it will help them to move faster on the map from A to B. Getting a car from the start is struggling for the new players so maybe this will increase the number of players who remain on the server.

Definietly Positive
« Last Edit: 08 02, 2020, 10:41:54 pm by Hrous »

Offline Hanabi

• Pilot & Taxi Driver Lover / Biology Lover
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Hanabi
  • Squad: Akihabara
It's a perfect idea for newbies. They usually ask where car's shop is and when they find it, they can't afford a car, so I think this is very useful for them. Besides, 5k aren't a big amount of cash. For them it's good. Positive :tick:
If you don't find me, I'm in the skies (or somewhere driving a Taxi).

Offline Sr.Manco™

• New Community Member
  • Hey. 😌👌🏻 -Reddit: https://t.co/J9i5PDXs9H ►ADM◄
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Discordia
  • Ingame: |ADM|Sr.Manco
  • Squad: ADM
I really like this idea, and I think that they should be able to choose one of those vehicles, depending on their needs or interests.

I'm upvoting:thumb: :tick:
La 'Asociación de mancos' manda y no tu banda.

►ADM◄

-Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MeLlamoAdac/

Offline STAR

• xCode Lieutenant
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Personally I would consider an actual car with okay acceleration that doesn't cost a whole lot, like the Tampa that costs $40k so they have the option to drive around the map exploring it without having to obnoxiously ride a really slow vehicle or spam W to go faster on a bike. Maybe allow the option for low-tier cars for under $50k? Would heavily improve the quality of life for these new players.

Some examples taken from the car shop near JFM;

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
It's a simple suggestion which can be scripted easily by our community developers. I believe it's a suggestion that our community developers are looking for. In the other side it's a worthy suggestion so I can see no problem about that. The suggestion itself can help newbies a lot. The reason is obvious so I am just going to support it and thank you a lot for suggesting this.  :tick:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi