Author Topic: Forum PMs will become punishable.  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Maximo

• Regular Community Member
  • The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
Forum PMs will become punishable.
« on: 07 02, 2022, 03:38:16 pm »
First of all, I hope yall doing good. Today I am hereby suggesting small change on forum rules, to be honest the common sense can't get that this problem even exists. Which is staffs invalidating any complaint that contain serious flame. With lame reason which is "We aren't able to view your forum PM", "Add him to ignore list" and etc..

First of all, without doubt that if someone flames you in forum PM, then he must instantly warned. That how things work. You don't have to suggest me a solution that I am not satisfied with. That's doesn't work really. You guys with silly reasons that cause us a toxic community are making our server lose players over and over. Who's interested in community that their admins doesn't punish people for being toxic. I am serious guys, look below how the complains invalidated for lame reason with it the complains contain serious flame.
For example this complain:
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=382188.0
Or this
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=382107.msg5604267#msg5604267

And moreover.

As you can see above, these uneducated players heavily attacked the X player by flaming his family, disrespecting him. But all you have do is to add him in ignore list, and the one that flammed mustn't be punished. Just he is free to do that, any logic on this?

OK I agree that he must add him to ignore list, but that doesn't mean the offender mustn't get punished for doing that. No no.. He should get punished for what he have done. So in the next time he will think before doing that. Seriously, we must allow staffs to view forum PMs and punish for any rule being broken. And with that we will protect our community from toxic, toxicity not welcomed anywhere. In any game, any platform. But we are allowing it in our community, that what makes people run away from playing here. And get flammed and when he report. Admins invalidate it.

I hope this going to be added, so we can decrease the amount of toxic people among this server. And take care about the contains of our messages,before we send. Because it might hurt others and cause them countless psychological issues. Think for all this just once at least.
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 03:43:45 pm by Maximo »

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Forum PMs will become punishable.
« Reply #1 on: 07 02, 2022, 03:44:46 pm »
@Danzy Guess you have to explain it for the billionth time.

Something you need to understand, L4s and admins literally have no access to your PM inbox so could you tell me how would they be able to know you've not modified the words said there using "Inspect Element"?? Or know that this person really flamed you? It's not punishable for a reason, it's not like they made it upon their mood or "yeah lets make not punishable it's useless".. There's a main reason why they've made it not punishable.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #2 on: 07 02, 2022, 03:47:47 pm »

Something you need to understand, L4s and admins literally have no access to your PM inbox so could you tell me how would they be able to know you've not modified the words said there using "Inspect Element"?? Or know that this person really flamed you? It's not punishable for a reason, it's not like they made it upon their mood or "yeah lets make not punishable it's useless".. There's a main reason why they've made it not punishable.
But administrators can make it possible, we have to make changes if that for the sake of our community's safety.

Offline Thug

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #3 on: 07 02, 2022, 03:51:13 pm »

Guess what too, they can clarify it if I disturbed them and give me a warning level wow  :kek3: do you think if I insulted a staff he won't warn me?  he will just use his powers, but if any kid did the same to me sadly they can't clarify it  :'( use ur brains for love sake, I am supporting that idea Maximo and they have to punish those kids who's insulting everyone without getting even a warn, and please do not ask me to put them in ignore list, why should I put them in ignore list when they're insulting my whole family because of a game  :ree:

Offline Atheer

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:04:18 pm »
But administrators can make it possible, we have to make changes if that for the sake of our community's safety.
If it's possible, then fill me up with the way to do it. (If it's possible, then your inbox will be insecure and basically every message you send and receive will be seen by the staff members and administrators).. Arran made it like that for your privacy.
It's called "Private Message" for a reason, none can access it except you.

Guess what too, they can clarify it if I disturbed them and give me a warning level wow  :kek3: do you think if I insulted a staff he won't warn me?  he will just use his powers, but if any kid did the same to me sadly they can't clarify it  :'( use ur brains for love sake, I am supporting that idea Maximo and they have to punish those kids who's insulting everyone without getting even a warn, and please do not ask me to put them in ignore list, why should I put them in ignore list when they're insulting my whole family because of a game  :ree:
Common sense, when you go insult a staff they can literally see your message in front of their screen.. UNLIKE seeing it over a screenshot that could be easily manipulated.. I don't know what kind of "common sense" you got, put them into your ignore list and grow up a little bit.
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 04:18:06 pm by Atheer »

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #5 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:10:54 pm »
If you're so bothered, you can give a staff your forum password so they can login and see it. Can't really see how else you expect us to be able to validate them.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Thug

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #6 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:16:23 pm »
If you're so bothered, you can give a staff your forum password so they can login and see it. Can't really see how else you expect us to be able to validate them.
I can do it right now I don't have anything to fear of, who can handle that and I will give him my account? and I just need my rights, so you gonna deal with everyone insulted me in my forum pms? 

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:19:56 pm »
I can do it right now I don't have anything to fear of, who can handle that and I will give him my account? and I just need my rights, so you gonna deal with everyone insulted me in my forum pms?

Well how it should work is you make a complaint showing the PM in quote tags and then if a staff whose handling complaints decides it's of any significance they can say "PM me your forum password to verify".

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
« Reply #8 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:28:33 pm »
Isn't it possible to just make an API call around it instead? Or simply a form, just like with the punishlog page.

So then we can insert FROM, TO, and DATE, and then the PM will be shown to us.
Or is that too much of a security breach? It would feel weird to login onto someone else's account.
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 04:31:37 pm by Ptole »

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
« Reply #9 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:37:23 pm »
Isn't it possible to just make an API call around it instead? Or simply a form, just like with the punishlog page.

So then we can insert FROM, TO, and DATE, and then the PM will be shown to us.
Or is that too much of a security breach? It would feel weird to login onto someone else's account.
Wouldn't adding an option to report the message (it just replicates the same message to the staff) be easier and wouldn't effect the security of it at all? everything will still be private unless you manually report the message (you can't edit it, it just gets duplicated to the staff inbox or reports list or whatever).
Not sure if that's possible as I don't really have any coding experience.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
« Reply #10 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:42:10 pm »
First of all, there's nothing wrong with allowing +L4 staffs to view our Private message when they needed to, as L4 staffs trustworthy isn't it like that? Furthermore @Atheer Ptole gave us a good idea which the one he is going to make report he will have to fill few informations which are the message from X, to Z in the Y date. By filling the staff will have search engine if the information are correct he will access the message.

Why not, we trust the staff team. But this solution not the right to do. It will complicate staff's work and it's not really what we want to. I hope you can make search engine like the mentioned above.
« Last Edit: 07 02, 2022, 04:45:04 pm by Maximo »

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:46:30 pm »
If there is a report button that can send the pm to staff would be better but I don't want staffs that maybe will have some curiosity someday to check my forum account because it might contain private information such as phone number or anything.

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline puhQ

• kansas city shuffle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #12 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:47:01 pm »
Enable reporting of personal messages - This option allows your users to report personal messages they receive to the administration team. This may be useful in helping to track down any abuse of the personal messaging system.
I suppose this thing is there by default and should work if enabled by an administrator
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #13 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:48:02 pm »
@Arran, can't you enable the "Report to moderator" in forum PMs? I guess it should make a copy of the message and send to an admin.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 07 02, 2022, 04:55:19 pm »
I just tested "report to admin" feature and unfortunately it has 2 problems: it can only be reported to those with forum admin and it basically just sends me a PM with a quote which could be faked too so yeah :/