Author Topic: Latency Issue  (Read 368 times)

Online Punjabi

• New Community Member
  • You said you'd follow me anywhere;
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DG
  • Squad: notEasy
Latency Issue
« on: 12 03, 2023, 05:45:00 am »
Hello there. I've had this situation ever since I moved to a new city. My ping used to be 70-80 in-game and ever since I moved to a new city, which is like 3 hour flight away, my ping got around 180-200. It's not like my internet is bad, the internet works perfect.

What can I do to make it better?

Anyway, 2 quick questions;
Does VPN helps with that?
Also, does anybody here uses ExitLag? Does it work well for this server and actually lowers the latency?
- wrecked_by -

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
Re: Latency Issue
« Reply #1 on: 12 03, 2023, 10:21:14 am »
I tried exitlag and it was working fine for me, I guess there are some kind of test trial for 3 days if you're a new user so u can try it yourself and see if there is any difference.

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline gq

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1O X TheHive
« Reply #2 on: 16 03, 2023, 03:55:58 pm »
Hi , You can check this topic : https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=349464.msg5137726#msg5137726

I hope it can help you .

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #3 on: 05 04, 2023, 10:48:03 pm »
Hello there. I've had this situation ever since I moved to a new city. My ping used to be 70-80 in-game and ever since I moved to a new city, which is like 3 hour flight away, my ping got around 180-200. It's not like my internet is bad, the internet works perfect.

Also, does anybody here uses ExitLag? Does it work well for this server and actually lowers the latency?

Ping doesn't necessarily dictate good/bad internet. You can have good ping with trash internet, simply by living close to the server, yet at the same time you can have high ping even if you have top notch internet speeds, again due to the distance to the server. In your case however, since you mention you changed only to a place that's not that far away and yet you faced a huge ping difference, it's most likely a routing issue. Exitlag does indeed fix routing, well, only if the routing is bad. For example my routing is already good to German servers when I live in the Netherlands, so exitlag actually adds more ping for me. But when I was living in Egypt, my ping would decrease if I used exitlag to European servers. So it can fix your ping for sure. Another thing that affects ping, is your internet type itself. Fibre internet has the lowest pings, then COAX (97% DSL, 3% Fibre), then VDSL, and lastly regular DSL. So if you switched from Fibre to DSL, you're going to notice a large ping increase as well.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Rahul

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Not Easy Being Meh
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Rahul
  • Squad: idklol
« Reply #4 on: 08 04, 2023, 02:24:08 pm »

whats your isp? jio?
"If you can't explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough."

Online Punjabi

• New Community Member
« Reply #5 on: 08 04, 2023, 06:00:33 pm »
Ping doesn't necessarily dictate good/bad internet. You can have good ping with trash internet, simply by living close to the server, yet at the same time you can have high ping even if you have top notch internet speeds, again due to the distance to the server. In your case however, since you mention you changed only to a place that's not that far away and yet you faced a huge ping difference, it's most likely a routing issue. Exitlag does indeed fix routing, well, only if the routing is bad. For example my routing is already good to German servers when I live in the Netherlands, so exitlag actually adds more ping for me. But when I was living in Egypt, my ping would decrease if I used exitlag to European servers. So it can fix your ping for sure. Another thing that affects ping, is your internet type itself. Fibre internet has the lowest pings, then COAX (97% DSL, 3% Fibre), then VDSL, and lastly regular DSL. So if you switched from Fibre to DSL, you're going to notice a large ping increase as well.
Well, I'm honestly not much familiar with all of these internet terms so I won't go deep into this. I somehow lowered it from 200 to 130 by Cloudflare WARP suggested by Pilovali.

whats your isp? jio?
I'm not in India anymore bro.
- wrecked_by -

Offline Jayy

• "i DM in vanish mode, i do that shit a lot"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #6 on: 12 04, 2023, 01:10:46 pm »
try downloading Exitlag and execute it while playing, it'll help, let me know if it changes anything.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #7 on: 19 04, 2023, 12:31:22 pm »
Well, I'm honestly not much familiar with all of these internet terms so I won't go deep into this. I somehow lowered it from 200 to 130 by Cloudflare WARP suggested by Pilovali.
I'm not in India anymore bro.

As you said, you are not in India anymore, the ping cannot be the same obviously but, what you can do is try another Internet Service Provider.

For instance, in my region, there are around 3 different ISPs that most people use and each one of them has a ping difference of around 10ms to 20ms. One more thing, if you are not connected to a wired network, you can use a wired network in order to resolve 50% of the issue and you will be able to see a considerably good difference.

About Exitlag or VPN, nope, it will not be of much help, let me explain.

You are currently directly connected to the server, as in, Node-to-Node, a VPN will make it indirect by adding another node in the center and the ping may change while you will experience nothing better.

Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Online Punjabi

• New Community Member
« Reply #8 on: 19 04, 2023, 04:31:06 pm »
As you said, you are not in India anymore, the ping cannot be the same obviously but, what you can do is try another Internet Service Provider.
The information I provided has nothing to do with India. Both cities are canadian cities that I mentioned above.

Also, thank you for all the information. I somehow lowered my ping to 130, thanks to Pilovali.

This can get locked.
- wrecked_by -