Author Topic: Unfair Damage Nerf  (Read 317 times)

Offline Gauss

• Group: SteelMeridian
  • Ingame: STM|Gauss'xvtt
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
Unfair Damage Nerf
« on: 07 05, 2023, 05:54:36 am »
Hello all, its my first post on any forum, I dont usually involve myself in social things but I wanna discuss something here, probably has been discussed before but I really like the server, I tried to play a bunch of times but I always get the feeling that I dont do enough damage, so I tested with a friend, I play with 200-210 ping around that and my friend plays with 40, and he deals more damage with all weapons, it clearly gives a lot of advantage to him since I take more damage and I deal less damage, some players may think "but you with high ping have advantage running" but who plays with high ping knows its the same thing, we shoot a running player and the bullets also doesnt count, im tired of hitting all bullets and dying faster than my opponent and the only thing ppl say to me is get good or ez, when I did this test I realized why I take way more damage and die, and I just dont know what to do, im almost leaving the game for good, because its so unfair, when im solo I get crushed in 1v1s, I watch videos from other players and they deal a lot of damage so that breaks the experience for me, maybe some of you who plays thousands of hours, dont even care, but im getting frustrated, I dont think it has a solution, or staff members think its better this way, but I thought why not, so here I am.

Gauss
LukeSignum

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
Re: Unfair Damage Nerf
« Reply #1 on: 07 05, 2023, 08:27:22 am »
Afaik you need to shoot behind his body if you have high ping, test it again and try to hit your bullets behind his body instead.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Gauss

« Reply #2 on: 07 05, 2023, 09:16:08 am »
Afaik you need to shoot behind his body if you have high ping, test it again and try to hit your bullets behind his body instead.

Yeah, but its not what I meant, this is common in games with high ping players, im speaking about damage per bullet, my friend deals more overall damage than me just because of ping, high ping players suffers bc of ping and also has a damage nerf as it seems
LukeSignum

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #3 on: 07 05, 2023, 11:26:22 am »
Yeah, but its not what I meant, this is common in games with high ping players, im speaking about damage per bullet, my friend deals more overall damage than me just because of ping, high ping players suffers bc of ping and also has a damage nerf as it seems
The damage you do registers after their damage, this's prolly the reason why you feel like they deal more damage. In reality, you both do the same damage, but due to your high ping and his lower ping, his damage registers first which causes your death first and the rest of your bullets don't really damage him as you're already dead.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline IDriver

• Senior Community Member
  • ███████████] 99%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: IDriver#BOSS
« Reply #4 on: 07 05, 2023, 12:31:00 pm »
Hello @Gauss

Latency is more important than ping in this case, provided the bullet hits are truly projectile and all physics in-game are true.

Firstly it depends on what type of game you’re playing. Many games use client side hit registration, which is susceptible for hacking. Thus, others use server side, which increases load on servers themselves and also causes more lag within other clients, but gives less chances of hacking.

Secondly, do you know if the bullet physics are actually projectile and not hitscan? Hitscan is the technology being used in games like Call of Duty where the bullets aren’t actually hitting the target that you’re aiming at. The server instead just looks at the path of the bullet on your client side and sees if the path ever collides with your target. If the path does collide with your target, the hit is registered. For example, weapons like railguns use hitscans.

On the other hand, projectile bullets are, as you may understand by the name, projectiles. These bullets take time to reach their target. For example, in games like PUBG, if I have to hit a target which is nearly 700 meters away from me with a rifle, then I’ll have to aim my rifle a little bit upwards to compensate for gravity pulling the bullets down. And for moving targets at the same range, I’ll have to lead my shots. Leading your shot means to pre-aim your weapon at the place where your target shall be likely to be at when your projectile will be fired. Let’s just say that I have a target 1 kilometer away from me, and it’s moving at 25 meters per second (sideways to me) and I have a gun and it’s bullets move at 500 meters per second. In this case, I’ll need to aim my sights a 50 meters ahead of the target, so that when I shoot, my bullet would reach the target in nearly 2 seconds and it will indeed hit. Examples for projectile based weapons include rockets, missiles, grenades, and quite a lot of normal guns in the newer, more realistic games.

Also I can recommand you to shoot from behind and maybe in theyr legs down.
My introduction | My YouTube | Facebook | Discord idriverr
TOP50-IDriver $1 | 7,2k Hours IG | SCM | DL3 IG | Crim Level 40 | Ex-Minister of Housing

Offline Gauss

« Reply #5 on: 07 05, 2023, 12:36:01 pm »
Hello @Gauss

Latency is more important than ping in this case, provided the bullet hits are truly projectile and all physics in-game are true.

Firstly it depends on what type of game you’re playing. Many games use client side hit registration, which is susceptible for hacking. Thus, others use server side, which increases load on servers themselves and also causes more lag within other clients, but gives less chances of hacking.

Secondly, do you know if the bullet physics are actually projectile and not hitscan? Hitscan is the technology being used in games like Call of Duty where the bullets aren’t actually hitting the target that you’re aiming at. The server instead just looks at the path of the bullet on your client side and sees if the path ever collides with your target. If the path does collide with your target, the hit is registered. For example, weapons like railguns use hitscans.

On the other hand, projectile bullets are, as you may understand by the name, projectiles. These bullets take time to reach their target. For example, in games like PUBG, if I have to hit a target which is nearly 700 meters away from me with a rifle, then I’ll have to aim my rifle a little bit upwards to compensate for gravity pulling the bullets down. And for moving targets at the same range, I’ll have to lead my shots. Leading your shot means to pre-aim your weapon at the place where your target shall be likely to be at when your projectile will be fired. Let’s just say that I have a target 1 kilometer away from me, and it’s moving at 25 meters per second (sideways to me) and I have a gun and it’s bullets move at 500 meters per second. In this case, I’ll need to aim my sights a 50 meters ahead of the target, so that when I shoot, my bullet would reach the target in nearly 2 seconds and it will indeed hit. Examples for projectile based weapons include rockets, missiles, grenades, and quite a lot of normal guns in the newer, more realistic games.

Also I can recommand you to shoot from behind and maybe in theyr legs down.

you guys dont understand, we pointed the gun to each other and shoot a single bullet with all weapons in the chest, after that head, all drugs on, at same distance, without moving, no mods, same weapons, his bullet gives more damage, so overall im weak because I dont have the same damage...
LukeSignum

Offline Gauss

« Reply #6 on: 07 05, 2023, 12:38:20 pm »
the problem isnt hitting the enemy, the problem is my damage is lower than his
LukeSignum

Offline Gauss

« Reply #7 on: 07 05, 2023, 12:39:25 pm »
I tested with another guy with another ping, same situation, I deal less damage
LukeSignum

Offline Xorke

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Xorke
  • Squad: notEasy
« Reply #8 on: 07 05, 2023, 12:55:24 pm »
Do you find yourself getting stuck during fights not being able to move and then allowed? What drugs are enabled during fights? Let me know I can help you with a few tweaks in hopes to get your ping under 200

Offline Gauss

« Reply #9 on: 07 05, 2023, 08:45:30 pm »
Do you find yourself getting stuck during fights not being able to move and then allowed? What drugs are enabled during fights? Let me know I can help you with a few tweaks in hopes to get your ping under 200

Nope, that doesnt happen, and I got binds to turn on all drugs and turn off, we changed skins too to test, same, I deal less damage, and I take more damage (like I said we test without moving)
LukeSignum

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #10 on: 09 05, 2023, 03:34:27 pm »
Everyone is misunderstanding what he's saying. What he says is true, higher ping players receive more damage, so they die quicker by the same amount of bullets compared to someone with low ping. This is an update that was added by Brian I think. I don't know if it was 200+ ping or another number since I haven't played in a long time, but that's what happened (last time I heard about it, at least). If you disagree with the update, you'll have to create a suggestion/discussion to change this and see if it gets enough support. Personally I think it's unfair, and playing on high ping isn't a breeze either. I've played on high, medium and low ping. I would never go back to anything other than my current low ping.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 10 05, 2023, 08:54:36 am »
It’s called anticheat, specially made for those bloating their ping on purpose (eg. Like those who mysteriously start lagging heavily while near death) and those who choose on purpose to use high latency networks/VPNs.

If you play at 200ping, the extra damage is so low compared to what drugs give you in matters of “damage resistance” that in most cases you don’t even notice the difference. So either you make a big deal out of nothing or do some kind of weird exploit that assigns you more damage.

Unfair? No , its a compensation towards those low pinged players incapable of landing all bullets on a player that is up to half a second delayed compared to them.