Author Topic: [TUT] Optimize your game and start playing with normal FPS (for low-end PC)  (Read 6579 times)

Offline Epozide

• Junior Community Member
  • coke addict
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Epozide
  • Squad: 404
First and the most important, you need install clear GTA:SA and MTA:SA client. Clear GTA means without mods and original one.

For GTA, I recommend Steam
Link = here

For MTA, download the stable version here
Link = here

Also, always keep your PC GPU drivers up to date
AMD DRIVERS               NVIDIA

System libraries
Direct X Web
NET Framework 4.5 Web
NET Framework 4.6.1 Full
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x64
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

And our next step, it's windows settings.

1-> Press WIN*+R | WIN  =  (button on ur keyboard with windows logo, next to left ALT) | 2-> then type in there msconfig 3-> Boot TAB 4-> Advanced options 5-> set checkbox "number of CPUs" 6-> Choose maximum of ur CPUs, MAXIMUM. Dont touch there anything else like your memory etc. ONLY CPUs!! Screenshot

• (For windows 7) Don't close msconfig window, go to services TAB 1-> set checkbox "Hide all Microsoft services" 2-> then carefully, everyone has different services there. We need to disable useless like Skype, Google Update, uTorrent etc. All you have to keep enabled is antivirus services, video driver services and sound services and nothing more! Don't worry if you disabled Skype, it will work, just won't start with your windows. Screenshot

• (Windows 8.1) Open Task Manager, go to Startup Tab Disable startups with High or Medium impact! 1-> set Right click on the software 2-> press "Disable" Screenshot
Don't disable the antivirus, graphic drivers or sound drivers!

Now, we go to My Computer and press in right click then Properties then Advanced system settings then Performance or whatever it is, you can disable there anything you want, your choice. I recommend disable shadows on windows on mouse cursor and all animation.

Then we go Advanced, there is "change" button of virtual memory. Click custom size
You type it in initial and maximum
Your RAM -> Size you have to type
2GB -> 4096
4GB -> 8192
6GB -> 12288
8GB -> 16384
Conclusion: Double size your ram size. Each 1GB equals 1024 so if u have 3 GBs ram, then its 3072, then u have to type 6144 which is the double.

• Now we need to use Disk Defragmenter, even if its 3% we will do it! For all disks. Don't use any program, only standard windows defragmntation tool (Don't ask how to open it). And be patient, It may take hours, according to your disks! DON'T TOUCH UR PC while doing the process.  Screenshot

Steps: 1) Open My PC or My computer
2) Right click on the folder, and proprieties.
3) Go to Tools tab and press Optimize

Screenshot

Now let's configure directly the MTA settings

I recommend you to set your MTA settings like this.

You will get a medium resolution plus strong FPS

Screenshot

Some tips
*Don't forget to disable Vsync in your GPU settings. V sync is main reason why your fps isn't stable.
*Don't change anything else in msconfig window and don't disable more services if u don't know anything about it.
*It's recommended to use defragmntation at least once in a month. There will be about 3-5% and it won't take so much time.
*Always updater your video card, and never delay it!! NEVER! Delaying helps for the first time, then u may buy new video card.
*Install also NVidia PhysX, only for users with NVidia cards.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Smith'

• Never let your fears decide your fate.
  • Group: nothingToLose
  • Ingame: Smith
Amazing tutorial but there is already existing topic in Support board , you may post it here instead
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=158399.0
Everything you've needed is there , you can post it there for additional informations that may help people , because it's the most useful topic
" What's coming is better than what's gone."
❤❤

Rexion

It's really nice that you used your own knowledge about how to Optimize your FPS.
You may want to add this video, much of FPS issues are covered over here:
Show content

Offline Epozide

• coke addict
It's really nice that you used your own knowledge about how to Optimize your FPS.
You may want to add this video, much of FPS issues are covered over here:
Show content
I don't mind, it's obviously helpful too!
Amazing tutorial but there is already existing topic in Support board , you may post it here instead
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=158399.0
Everything you've needed is there , you can post it there for additional informations that may help people , because it's the most useful topic
It's OK. The topic creator can copy my stuff their if he wants to.

Offline Mahmoud

• Group: e X o d u s
@Epozide Can you explain this more please?

Then we go Advanced, there is "change" button of virtual memory. Click custom size
You type it in initial and maximum
Your RAM -> Size you have to type
2GB -> 4096
4GB -> 8192
6GB -> 12288
8GB -> 16384
Conclusion: Double size your ram size. Each 1GB equals 1024 so if u have 3 GBs ram, then its 3072, then u have to type 6144 which is the double.

Where's 'Advanced'?
I tell you one thing, T. I'm getting too old for this nonsense.

Offline Epozide

• coke addict
@Epozide Can you explain this more please?

Where's 'Advanced'?

It's a tab, can you tell me your OS, so I can provide you a screenshot?

Lukeylol

Ryder's work hhh

Can you explain more about the type in initial and maximum in the ram thing because it is pretty random and complicated could you tell more something about it, I really couldn't understand.

Rexion

Ryder's work hhh

Can you explain more about the type in initial and maximum in the ram thing because it is pretty random and complicated could you tell more something about it, I really couldn't understand.

Minimum 4-8 GB of RAM is need to play well games. Remember for better performance always use the same model and brand in fitting a RAM in slot or or so.

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: LogiC
  • Do not make a tutorial about solving ping/FPS related issues, that's why this topic exsists.
Sorry mate, but rules prohibit you from making specific threads like you've done..

Any admin lock this please?

Offline Epozide

• coke addict
Sorry mate, but rules prohibit you from making specific threads like you've done..

Any admin lock this please?
Are you kidding? This post exists since years and you're here to lock it instead of saying thanks. Anyway the post is not closed for years for a reason too.

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
Are you kidding? This post exists since years and you're here to lock it instead of saying thanks. Anyway the post is not closed for years for a reason too.

Oh yea sorry, I forgot to mention that it's good guide and thanks for your effort, but it's against board rules..

Rules are rules

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
Hello there,

Board rules prohibit you from making such threads.

• Do not make a tutorial about solving ping/FPS related issues, that's why this topic exsists.