Author Topic: Make a restriction to switch side  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Wilito.

• Junior Community Member
  • El dolor Forja el carácter
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Wilito
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
Re: Make a restriction to switch side
« Reply #45 on: 16 09, 2019, 08:52:14 pm »
Good one so those civilian groups or law/crim group member stop abusing the criminal event appearing again with another job after getting killed in the CE
but disagreeing with something which is that 1 hour, 1 hour is too much actually and it will make players lazy and it will make it even lame for those group members
which will cause us some problems, but I think 15 minutes or 20 minutes are fair enough, upvoting.

I Think 15 mins are fair enough time, 1hour is alot of time...
15 mins is fair for everyone cause the CE maximum time is 18mins.. so its ok, im voting +1  :tick:

yeah I have updated it a while ago, obviously 1 hour of restriction is too much 15 minutes is fair enough
Leader of the Law side by excelence

Offline Shane

• Regular Community Member
  • I'm not gonna fall.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Shane
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #46 on: 18 09, 2019, 04:13:00 pm »
I wanted to suggest such a thing before , but it was about that you can't join as cop if you joined before as criminal in the same CE. but this one is nice too. positive
(GROUP NOTE) MJR-Amr*APO: Shane is the lowest rank ever to hold X-A-M. Good job!

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #47 on: 19 09, 2019, 06:48:27 pm »
As we can say 1 hour is much, 15 minutes is enough actually but I saw a lot of people in CIT is switching from Crim to Police Officer when they die inside the CEs, needs to find a solution for this.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #48 on: 23 09, 2019, 05:08:34 pm »
I would like to knows @Dimit's opinion on what kind of and duration of any restriction there should be.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #49 on: 24 09, 2019, 03:00:17 pm »
Well im not a saint to know what the right duration would be for that, but what I already know is that the implementation of this could be difficult as long as cops can get wanted by accident, like last night when a wanted criminal was able to glue to my helicopter despite the new update and I ended up with stars somehow, so whatever loopholes/bugs there still are to do that, criminals could abuse these to disrupt cops by locking them out of the cop-job for several minutes.

The known issues (that I can think of right now) with instant fraction-switching between criminal/cop job are:

- Players dying in CE and quickly switching to the more powerful team to maximize their amount of kills
- Cops turning criminal to attack/revenge on cops for kill-stealing/nightstick arresting or general disruptive behavior especially from groups that play on both fractions (at this point this is already sackable but in most of the cases cops dont have sufficent evidence of that so it happens over and over again without leading to a sack)
- Criminals turning cop to spy on law activities such as anti-riot planning in teamchat and vice versa

I think all of these things would already be easily prevented with something like a 5 (+/- a few min) restriction, since thats all just instant job-switching related stuff, and all the unwanted effects that come with it

Edit:
also I would rather not apply this restrictions to newbies to not make it too confusing to them if they try to change their fraction
« Last Edit: 24 09, 2019, 03:08:21 pm by Dimit »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: 25 09, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »
Well im not a saint to know what the right duration would be for that, but what I already know is that the implementation of this could be difficult as long as cops can get wanted by accident, like last night when a wanted criminal was able to glue to my helicopter despite the new update and I ended up with stars somehow, so whatever loopholes/bugs there still are to do that, criminals could abuse these to disrupt cops by locking them out of the cop-job for several minutes.

Ok that's really weird because this script doesn't check attached players, only occupants. What I've done is make it so instead of the cop getting wanted, the wanted player will get ejected from the vehicle.

- Players dying in CE and quickly switching to the more powerful team to maximize their amount of kills

I've checked the script and this doesn't seem at all possible because both sides use the same system to see when they were last killed in a CE meaning that changing teams won't make a difference to the 120 second check.

- Cops turning criminal to attack/revenge on cops for kill-stealing/nightstick arresting or general disruptive behavior especially from groups that play on both fractions (at this point this is already sackable but in most of the cases cops dont have sufficent evidence of that so it happens over and over again without leading to a sack)
- Criminals turning cop to spy on law activities such as anti-riot planning in teamchat and vice versa

I guess I can fix these with a 5 minute cool down time between being able to switch between crim/gang and cop.
« Last Edit: 25 09, 2019, 06:09:10 pm by Arran »

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #51 on: 26 09, 2019, 06:02:38 pm »
I've checked the script and this doesn't seem at all possible because both sides use the same system to see when they were last killed in a CE meaning that changing teams won't make a difference to the 120 second check.

Yes, after these 120 seconds
Example: Cops get pushed back to their spawn for example at HO and go down to 8 cops vs 12 crims with low amounts of backup, so a dead cop will often prefer to go criminal and return to the CE on the crim side (if needed he waits until their number falls below the 4+ restriction) because its better to spawn-trap a weaker team at their spawn point and take advantage of the effort their enemies have spent before, rather than staying in the outnumbered team and dying in severeal rush-attempts to break out of the spawn trap.
Yea the teambalance of CEs is already a chaotic thing but this team switching to the winning side like a magnet adds an additional level of unlogical idiocy to it.
I dont consider this problem as severe or gameplay-destroying and im not the one who opened this suggestion, but it seems to irritate quite a lot of players, and kinda makes the concept of having 2 actual fractions competing with eachother and fighting for their team redundant. If people can switch teams like this, the CE script could aswell just generate auto-balanced teams which are not related to the players occupation/CnR fraction in the first place
« Last Edit: 26 09, 2019, 06:04:36 pm by Dimit »

Offline Counter

• Honorable
  • O Allah, I ask You for pardon and wellness.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #52 on: 27 09, 2019, 02:27:36 am »
Good idea :tick:

Who lived with two faces, dead without a face.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: 27 09, 2019, 07:28:26 pm »
+30 votes. Added 5 minute cool down time. Made it not apply to players under 30 hours as Dimit suggested.