Author Topic: Game crash when alt+tab more than 3 or 4 times.  (Read 2372 times)

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
Game crash when alt+tab more than 3 or 4 times.
« on: 19 03, 2020, 08:19:23 am »
Hello.
I have this problem with mta where the game freezes me out on the desktop and I have to close it with task manager when I alt+tab 3 or 4 times per session (not cit but mta in general) I am forced to do so if you ask me, since I'm a designer, and alt+tab several times during a session is mandatory to ensure quality while doing my job. Or even for any other player checking his other desktop applications.

So any help with it would be appreciated.

Offline Remix

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: NGIG
  • Ingame: Clemente
Re: Game crash when alt+tab more than 3 or 4 times.
« Reply #1 on: 19 03, 2020, 12:29:35 pm »
This is actually issue that might probably happen with other games, when you play some game on full screen especially, because when the windows opens the game in full screen in stops rendering other things behind to maximise game quality, so when you press alt-tab windows have to render the desktop again and then when you go back to game it will render again which is slow process and that is why it crushes. As a designer to a another designer I recommend you using game on window mode that will make it easy to switch between windows while working

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 20 03, 2020, 05:43:22 pm »
This is actually issue that might probably happen with other games, when you play some game on full screen especially, because when the windows opens the game in full screen in stops rendering other things behind to maximise game quality, so when you press alt-tab windows have to render the desktop again and then when you go back to game it will render again which is slow process and that is why it crushes. As a designer to a another designer I recommend you using game on window mode that will make it easy to switch between windows while working

no other game ever did that with me.

the only game that did that was fortnite, and it was because of the nvidia highlights.

I did the same troubleshooting steps and the outcome was not a positive one.

Offline Phobia

• Junior Community Member
  • The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GlobalArmy
  • Ingame: Phobia
  • Squad: AR
« Reply #3 on: 20 03, 2020, 07:55:39 pm »
You can try disabling Full Screen optimization if you are using Windows 10 , it seems to work for some games.
Right click the launch icon and open properties , Open the compatibility tab and check the box which says Disable Full Screen Optimization.
Hope this fixes your problem.

Offline Pollux

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pollux
« Reply #4 on: 20 03, 2020, 11:20:44 pm »
Hello.
I have this problem with mta where the game freezes me out on the desktop and I have to close it with task manager when I alt+tab 3 or 4 times per session (not cit but mta in general) I am forced to do so if you ask me, since I'm a designer, and alt+tab several times during a session is mandatory to ensure quality while doing my job. Or even for any other player checking his other desktop applications.

So any help with it would be appreciated.

This happens to me daily, and I haven't found a proper solution for it, now all I can do is give you some tips for when it happens what to do in order to get rid of it:
1. Press WINDOWS button.
2. Search for Task Manager and open it.
3. Press the down arrow until you reach "Proxy_sa"
4. When you're on "Proxy_sa" just press delete

Those steps above will stop MTA:SA and will crash it and close it immediately, that's what I do when I have the same problem of yours, I just crash the game using the steps above since nothing seems to solve the problem.
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 23 03, 2020, 05:26:37 am »
This happens to me daily, and I haven't found a proper solution for it, now all I can do is give you some tips for when it happens what to do in order to get rid of it:
1. Press WINDOWS button.
2. Search for Task Manager and open it.
3. Press the down arrow until you reach "Proxy_sa"
4. When you're on "Proxy_sa" just press delete

Those steps above will stop MTA:SA and will crash it and close it immediately, that's what I do when I have the same problem of yours, I just crash the game using the steps above since nothing seems to solve the problem.

i know these steps the thing is I wanna prevent that from happenning not how to close the game.

Offline xHatGuy

• New Community Member
  • Time flies so fast..
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: xHatGuy
« Reply #6 on: 23 03, 2020, 11:22:50 am »
I want to ask you,
How do u ensure the quality of your work and whatever the design, skins or cars, whilst you are in-game? As far as I know, you can't add any of ur work while MTA is opened!

So, the only solution to avoid game-freez is you do your design while the game is closed and when you make sure that you've done everything, you can open MTA to test out your work. However, in case the work isn't satisfing, you can close MTA and fix out your design then you open it again.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #7 on: 23 03, 2020, 06:16:46 pm »
Do what above reply says. If your issue is still not fixed, there is nobody here who can help you.

Borderless window is in the MTA settings, probably in the advanced or video tab of setting.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.