Author Topic: Remove/Increase the PM limit.  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Rao

• Believe.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Rao
  • Squad: xvtt
Remove/Increase the PM limit.
« on: 17 02, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »
Hello Community

I stand here to talk about a suggestion to remove the PM Limit
Show content
6 PM in an Hour
because many times most of the important things are left between the conversation.

This can be solved either by increasing the PM limits or removing it.

Regards
Rao
Man is not the slave of circumstances.
He is the creator, controller and master of them.
Inactive.

Dark_boy

Re: Remove/Increase the PM limit.
« Reply #1 on: 17 02, 2014, 02:52:24 pm »
This is good suggestion,but let's say maybe 6 message per 30 minutes,because limit is made with a reason.
« Last Edit: 17 02, 2014, 07:39:17 pm by DarkBoy. »

Offline Samson

• Junior Community Member
  • Time, you can’t keep it, but you can spend it.
  • Group: Vexatious
« Reply #2 on: 17 02, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »
Hmm, I am agree with you Rao, as such if discussing about something to our friend so after that 6 PM, Dialog box appear and said to be that You can only send 6 Pm in a hour, I think it is a good idea, either to increase of PM limit or to remove it.

This is good suggestion,but let's say maybe 30 minutes,because limit is made with a reason.
Bro, it can be but 30 mins is also high, it can be like above 5 post can do PM as necessary at that time or we can decrease the limit 15 mins.  ???
« Last Edit: 17 02, 2014, 04:08:10 pm by Samson. »
''A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.''

Offline Albertosso

• Group: ---
  • Ingame: not active
  • Squad: ---
« Reply #3 on: 17 02, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »
To be honest, I don't really understand about what limit are you talking about. From what I see here, there is a limit of 6 messages/hour. (Correct me if i'm wrong.) Well I didn't know that but if there is such a limit, but it will be nice to be increased to like 10 messages/hour. Upvoted.
Ex. Regular Community Member
Ex. RO, SAPD and FP member

Proud player of 2012-2015 era.

in-active - forum only
About me

It's Albert, not Alber, Abler, Alberto, Ablerto or anything like that.

suedezu

« Reply #4 on: 17 02, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »
I actualy can't see the reason of this limit...
Better remove it. Or give the older members the ability to PM more..

Offline Egekan

• eggplant
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Egekan
« Reply #5 on: 18 02, 2014, 01:18:18 am »
First of all limit shouldn't removed or many people will spam eachother. 6 PM limit is enough for me but 10 can ve better imo also it can depends if possible. And it should be unlimited for JCM+ For example
New poster 6 limit
Juniot poster 10 limit
Etc.

lax99full

« Reply #6 on: 18 02, 2014, 09:49:08 am »
Why to not make 3 messages per hour when someone is offline and 10 or more when players is online?

Offline Burky

• You just never mess with some BOSSnian,trust me !
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: BurkyBosnian
« Reply #7 on: 18 02, 2014, 10:18:27 am »
As Ege said 10 PM for Junior Poster but maybe to make it every 30 mins you can send 10 PM.For JCM 20 and RCM+ unlimited.
If your conversation is really,really important,you know,you can chat via social networks.
And there should be option like in-game,if some guy spam you,you mute him,it should be added into forum too.

Why to not make 3 messages per hour when someone is offline and 10 or more when players is online?
+1 but think about that another player.Maybe he is talking with some other players,not just with you.What than ? Maybe to make limit to 10 PM in 30 mins but only in 1 conversation.Like I'm talking to DarkBoy and I can send to him 10 PM and I can still talk to Laki and send to him 10 PM in 30 mins.
/discuss
You can't be inactive if you've never been active

Offline Egekan

• eggplant
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Egekan
« Reply #8 on: 18 02, 2014, 05:39:45 pm »
JCM should be unlimited too because they are trusted enough. As you know getting JCM rank is hard and JCMs are not spammers
Also:

no no no PM limit is sending limit it is not recieving limit.

Offline Blitz'

• New Community Member
  • Group: 13
  • Ingame: Blitz
« Reply #9 on: 20 02, 2014, 01:21:09 am »
hmm Good But Give privilege For Donators ?

Offline Lil'Troop

• Trill
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Lil'Troop
  • Squad: Trill Squad
« Reply #10 on: 20 02, 2014, 01:28:00 am »
First of all limit shouldn't removed or many people will spam eachother. 6 PM limit is enough for me but 10 can ve better imo also it can depends if possible. And it should be unlimited for JCM+ For example
New poster 6 limit
Juniot poster 10 limit
Etc.

No no No What if the person is not interactive in posting? And they were just requesting something from someone by PM and they cant pm? Also I think it should be remove and when its being spammed you can just report it if you feel offended.

hmm Good But Give privilege For Donators ?

No everyone should have the priviliage to PM anyone they want as much as they want such as if it is business related stuff

Maxz0r.

« Reply #11 on: 20 02, 2014, 07:13:37 pm »
JCMs are not spammers
some of them are spammers as hell.

the  idea if great, but dont you think the limit is good? how about if you edit the message, would be better and more easy, not that hard actually, just press 'Modify' and modify it, thats all not that hard I guess

for example: I pmed you about something, you replied, I should edit my PM so you can see it again then you edit your pm and do this again and again, if you want to know what he said, I guess its better if he edits the part he should add and keep the others like it, bec. if you want to read it again, you can

regards

Offline Lil'Troop

• Trill
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Lil'Troop
  • Squad: Trill Squad
« Reply #12 on: 21 02, 2014, 12:56:29 am »

the  idea if great, but dont you think the limit is good? how about if you edit the message, would be better and more easy, not that hard actually, just press 'Modify' and modify it, thats all not that hard I guess

for example: I pmed you about something, you replied, I should edit my PM so you can see it again then you edit your pm and do this again and again, if you want to know what he said, I guess its better if he edits the part he should add and keep the others like it, bec. if you want to read it again, you can

regards

I dont think it works like that cause the message already has sent and the limit should be removed/... also why would people keep editing your messages but you can send another one? Well this is why it should be removed

Offline Nitin

• Donator L1
  • Group: 1337
« Reply #13 on: 21 02, 2014, 03:42:11 am »

regards
If you edit the PM how will the player get notified? you can easily send another PM if you have missed something and there is no SMF script for that and it can't be possible.
None of them are spammers and if they are then they were not a Community Member for sure.

Regards
1337 = LEET = ELITE

Offline Fa3z

• Donator L3
  • "la ilaha illallah"
  • Ingame: [GG]Fa3z
« Reply #14 on: 22 02, 2014, 08:44:34 am »
  PM limit is there so people don't spam your god damn PM inbox as hell when you are offline. None likes getting spammed, well at least I don't. And CIT has IRC server for a reason. If the conversation is that important, you can simply connect to IRC from the forum.

And by the way, was PM limit lowered ? Because as far as I remember PM limit was 10 / hour.
yeh I agree with suro PM limit should stay at 10,
The only memories I got of CIT are of Guard_Ghosts
-Left