Author Topic: Better Turf Payments  (Read 1379 times)

Jekin254

Better Turf Payments
« on: 26 02, 2014, 07:11:29 am »
Greater Turf Payment

Hello,
I am creating this suggestion becuase I believe the current system of turf payments are far below and are even less than what they were before. Not only that the current system applies better for "Crack" groups because the more players in LV the more money you will make! So I am trying to make turfing more of a job rather than just for fun because I find the civilian jobs just plain boring and making 500$ with one turf and 1 person just isn't enough.

My suggestion:
Turf payments are now 5,000$ if you group members online are below or equal to 10 group members online.
If your group members are greater than 10 then your turf payments decrease by 50% making it 2,500$ per turf.
Players will now get paid every 5 minutes to coincide and balance with other jobs like the "Farmer".
The max money you can make for all turfs is equal to 20,000$ or 24,000$ with in-game VIP.

Another Formula:
Turf payments are now 5,000$ if you group members online are below or equal to 10 group members online. If your group members are greater than 10 then the turfs quality reduces by 2% each person online over 10. Players will still be paid every 5 minutes to balance with most other jobs out there, and the max money you can make for all turfs is 20,000$, VIP bonus still applies.

Option A
Code: [Select]
-- Set variables
controlRatePerPlayerInLV = 5000
memCount = 0
grpTurfs = 1 -- Amount of turfs the group has
maxpayment = 20000
-- Check how many group members online...
if memCount > 10 then -- Checks if they have more than 10 memebers
paymentForEachTurf = (controlRatePerPlayerInLV*0.5)*grpTurfs
if paymentForEachTurf >= maxpayment then
paymentForEachTurf = maxpayment
end
else -- returned <
paymentForEachTurf = (controlRatePerPlayerInLV*1)*grpTurfs
if paymentForEachTurf >= maxpayment then
paymentForEachTurf = maxpayment
end
end --
-- Now the amount to give out...
cashToGive = math.floor(paymentForEachTurf/memCount) -- Rounds to give whole number

Option B
Code: [Select]
controlRatePerPlayerInLV = 5000
memCount = 10 -- Makes a random value to work, just to get a reliable output
grpTurfs = 10 -- Number of turfs a group has
if memCount > 10 then
Loss = math.floor((memCount - 10)*2)
paymentForEachTurf = ((controlRatePerPlayerInLV*Loss)/100)*grpTurfs
else
paymentForEachTurf = controlRatePerPlayerInLV*grpTurfs
end
cashToGive = math.floor(paymentForEachTurf/memCount)

How Option A works?
Well, each turf is worth 5,000$, and the amount you make depends on how many players "you" have in LV. But, if your total members online reaches over 10, then the value of turfs decreases by 50% for your specific group. The max money you could possibly make is 20,000$. You get paid every 5 minutes to keep things even and balanced with the other jobs like "Farmer".

How Option B works?
Each player you have online above 10, you start to lose the value of each turf by 2%, so you have 25 players online, then you lose 30% of the total profit. Slightly less harsh and I kinda like it better this way.

Notice the significant drop in profit when you go over the max amount of players, I believe this will promote groups to create a smaller based group instead of a large one. Quality over quantity!

Please post and tell me which option is better, as I personally think Option B is probably the best.
« Last Edit: 27 02, 2014, 03:42:18 am by Athene »

artamon

Re: Greater Turf Payment
« Reply #1 on: 26 02, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »
I think that 50% is a bit harsh. Just keep this: Total = 5000*Amount of turfs/Group members online. There is no point penalizing groups so hard and restraining them from turfing. If they are more online they would get less money anyways, because it's equally divided between the gangsters. Don't think that turfing would be the best money source and bank filler. It is hard to keep the turfs and you also waste your money on ammo. In fact it worst than working. Here is an example:
I waist in average 2000 bullets of spas per war. 2000*40= $80000
10 people with 10 turfs take 5k each. In hour there are 12 payments each 5 minutes. 12*5000= 60000
60000-80000=-20000
As you can see you lose 20k.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Better Turf Payments
« Reply #2 on: 27 02, 2014, 07:40:53 pm »
The reason why turf payments are lower is because it's finally based on the amount of people turfing and it's only about 100 players. If you want higher payments, you'll need more people in LV.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Better Turf Payments
« Reply #3 on: 28 02, 2014, 12:13:04 am »
I've doubled turf payments.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.