Author Topic: [ADDED] Ability to "ignore" a specific player  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Lelouch

• The Chinese
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • "Make your passion your profession" - Rancho
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: Lelouch[SAPD]
  • Squad: LLW
[ADDED] Ability to "ignore" a specific player
« on: 05 06, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »
Greetings!

I'm not a hundred percent sure if this has been suggested or not but if ever it is, just lock or deleted it @Moderators.

Anyway, so my suggestion is to:

- Allow a player the ability to "ignore" a player (It will disable all the chat outputs for a specific player).

How will this work? Well there should be a command like for example:
/ignoreplayer [CIT]Lelouch and re-type to un-ignore.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I guess it is, since we can disable the SMS outputs from a specific player. Anyway, my reason for this suggestion is to prevent on players on complaining or reporting people who provoke them (Well, provoking is somehow an LV thing now so not really sure if we can punish for that now). In this way, it would help lessen the players whining about other people provoking them.

Notes:
- This is disabled for staff (you can't ignore a staff member)
- Add an ignore list (shows all the players you've ignored) by typing /ignorelist

Feel free to discuss.

Quote from: Amazonic
Staff should not be ignored aka this should be disabled for staff.
Also if this was added I would like to suggest having a little GUI that shows all the ignored players such as /ignorelist , so if you had many people on your ignore list you don't forget who you have on ignore if you want to un-ignore them later, and it would be great if the whole system was in that GUI to make it easier than keeping it with commands and having to write the full name of the person.
« Last Edit: 12 06, 2014, 06:43:33 pm by Arran »

Lelouch - Former High Staff - SAPD Veteran - Honorary Police Chief
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore."

jessdajester

Re: Ability to "ignore" a specific player
« Reply #1 on: 05 06, 2014, 03:45:19 pm »
You know this isn't a bad idea. In fact there are some players in this server that constantly say childish things after they kill you. Ye I can ignore them no problem, but there is a point where it becomes incessant and annoying. So the idea of me being able to completely block a certain players chat output sounds great. Though, if I player A ignore player B, would player B still see my chat out puts, even though I can not see his.

The Amazonic

« Reply #2 on: 05 06, 2014, 03:47:46 pm »
The only issue I see here would be that some chat outputs might be somewhat important in case of any punishment related things. Can't think of anything except for ignoring staff though. In other words: Staff should not be ignored aka this should be disabled for staff.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #3 on: 05 06, 2014, 11:11:57 pm »
Totally upvoted except for 'excluding staff'. Staff are normal people. Sometimes they even 'spam' more than normal players. Sometimes you just don't want to see what they say. Especially when they act 'tough'..  About the punishment related thingy, then whether use SMS or just punish right away. If it's not fair, players can appeal it afterwards.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline HaniFarps

• Senior Community Member
  • The First Syrian Player in CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
« Reply #4 on: 05 06, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »
I really like this suggestion but the only problem is if you ignored a player and you was fighting with him in a turf war or so, and you started lagging and sliding etc so you won't be able to see his warnings telling you to reconnect, afaik if you got reported for sliding or abusing lag and you didn't get warned before, you won't be punished as you obviously had no idea that you was lagging.

The only issue I see here would be that some chat outputs might be somewhat important in case of any punishment related things. Can't think of anything except for ignoring staff though. In other words: Staff should not be ignored aka this should be disabled for staff.
Totally upvoted except for 'excluding staff'. Staff are normal people. Sometimes they even 'spam' more than normal players. Sometimes you just don't want to see what they say. Especially when they act 'tough'..  About the punishment related thingy, then whether use SMS or just punish right away. If it's not fair, players can appeal it afterwards.

I agree with both of you but what about making it "Excluding staffs when they're on duty" (with the white nametag) as probably what they're saying when they're on duty can be more related to the punishments stuff etc..

Also if this was added I would like to suggest having a little GUI that shows all the ignored players such as /ignorelist , so if you had many people on your ignore list you don't forget who you have on ignore if you want to un-ignore them later, and it would be great if the whole system was in that GUI to make it easier than keeping it with commands and having to write the full name of the person.
« Last Edit: 06 06, 2014, 03:36:57 am by HaniFarps »
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Offline MadaFaka

• The Original
  • Donator L3
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #5 on: 06 06, 2014, 07:31:36 am »
Great idea.

There are a handful of kids who do nothing but mark players and then provoke and troll them in local/main chat. Adding this would be the ultimate solution and put a stop to these childish idiots.

+1

Offline Lelouch

• The Chinese
« Reply #6 on: 06 06, 2014, 08:07:15 am »
I really like this suggestion but the only problem is if you ignored a player and you was fighting with him in a turf war or so, and you started lagging and sliding etc so you won't be able to see his warnings telling you to reconnect, afaik if you got reported for sliding or abusing lag and you didn't get warned before, you won't be punished as you obviously had no idea that you was lagging.

If a player has ignored you, there should be a note saying "Player X has added you to his ignore list" so that you'll know that you're ignored by him. About the warning stuff, if the player has already knew that the player he's about to warn has ignored him he could just ask anyone to tell him that he's bugged / desynced

Meh, spamming stuff and thingy? I guess that's complaint-able. The reason I suggested this is for the players who endlessly provoke players. What if players can also ignore staffs BUT whenever staffs are on staff job, they can evade ignores so that when a player has ignored them they can still warn the player when a staff's on duty.

I'll add this to the main post.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #7 on: 06 06, 2014, 03:17:37 pm »
The reason I suggested this is for the players who endlessly provoke players.
This suggestion does more than handling provocation to me. You can also use it to ignore 'spammers' or players you don't like. Some people just talk too much about not-so-much things in mainchat (Or others). I wish I could just ignore them instead of completely disabled the mainchat.

Anyway, how do you know if someone will provoke you and mute them before they do it? Yes, you can't. You mute someone when you find he's already annoying to you; including in provocation situation. You can't prevent provocation though, all you can do is walk away from a fight. And that's the most mature and responsible thing 'gamers' could do. :P And that's why I upvoted. Ignore the shit talk and moving on. Like they say, it's just a game after all.

Still I say, staffs are normal people. I kinda hate when some of them act like a 'tough' guy. Well, just an example.. like when he punish/argue someone for saying mean words and their reaction is even meaner than the one who is punished/arguing with.. I find that's way more annoying than the provocation itself. And it's not report-able because they have the excuse of handling a punishment. But it just doesn't sound right to do to me. Just punish and shut up is better. Explain everything in the appeal, not in the main or other chats.

And though I think chat about punishment should be doing privately within players who are involved in it. To prevent various things; Like provocation itself or simply quick rage. That's why I wrote 'use SMS' for it. With that, punishment would be irrelevant with chats and that's way more effective to explain what actually a punishment is and what is it for.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Lelouch

• The Chinese
« Reply #8 on: 07 06, 2014, 11:54:53 am »
What if players can also ignore staffs BUT whenever staffs are on staff job, they can evade ignores so that when a player has ignored them they can still warn the player when a staff's on duty.

@Claire , I guess you missed out my suggestion to your problem.

Offline Diamond

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #9 on: 08 06, 2014, 07:34:06 am »

Almost to say same thing.

Also what about making the command short little bit like /ignore <player> if he was so far from you.
Otherwise if he was near of you, Then press X > click on player > Ignore him.
One more thing, Add that you cannot ignore "Staffs" you know why.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #10 on: 08 06, 2014, 01:50:23 pm »
And what if a player who you once ignored becomes a staffmember?

Offline Lelouch

• The Chinese
« Reply #11 on: 08 06, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
And what if a player who you once ignored becomes a staffmember?

Hmm, I guess this would answer this:

players can also ignore staffs BUT whenever staffs are on staff job, they can evade ignores so that when a player has ignored them they can still warn the player when a staff's on duty.

OR

Only the local, main and team chat outputs are not visible from the ignored player so that when a player got staff, you can see his messages at staff chat.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #12 on: 09 06, 2014, 10:49:49 pm »
@Claire , I guess you missed out my suggestion to your problem.
Eh, just because I didn't quote it, doesn't mean I missed it. :P Read my last post lot deeply, it was actually mean I disagreed with excluding staff; whether off or on duty. Because that's out of the point of 'ignoring'. Just because they're on-duty, doesn't mean they're different people. So my argument to it is that staff should simply use SMS to talk about punishment shit or just shut up and punish so it won't affect any chat(s) even if they're being ignored by the player. Less thing to script (no exclusion) and it doesn't actually affect the staff duty and shouldn't stop any staff punishing that particular player because even if that player choose to ignore a staff and can't be warned through chats, they can just simply make an appeal if they think they're not guilty.

Offline Zoryth

• Donator L1
  • The Monster
  • Ingame: Zoryth
  • Squad: Umbrella Co.
« Reply #13 on: 10 06, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
There are some dudes (5+) who were kicked/left my gang, and then trolled it hard, like for hours. Also abused me not only in local  but also team and even main chat. And yet they kept sending me sms to say hi or tell me their things like we were friends. I muted them but still everytime I see them they talk to me in local. This would greatly help me ignore them. +1

What about a big message in white letters over the player (like the current "Muted") "This player is Ignoring you", or only "Ignoring you". So the ignored player knows another player ignores him and finally GETS IT.
When the Devil is too busy. And Death's a bit too much. They call on me by name you see, for my special touch. To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune. To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize. But call me by any name. Any way it's all the same.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 10 06, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.