Author Topic: Server Downtime  (Read 23945 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Server Downtime
« on: 10 03, 2021, 11:24:53 pm »
CIT's main server (we have another small one which is now hosting the website and is luckily some where else) was in the OVH Strasbourg 2 data center. In the early hours of today this happened to Strasbourg 2:

Show content

So for those of you who were playing just before the server went offline, you were playing on a server that was literally melting inside a burning building.

Thanks to Cheeze, the forum has been setup to work on this server but as you can see any posts, private messages, etc that were made after the last remotely saved backup (05/03/2021 12:00 UTC+1) are gone forever.

The last in-game remotely saved database backup was 05/03/2021 17:00 so again anything you did after that date has been lost. We will make sure to make up for this loss, so at a minimum I'd say triple pay event for 2 weeks and you can post your own ideas. I'd give a load of cash to each account but it's a bit unfair if someone has access to multiple accounts which is why triple pay is fairer.

OVH are supposed to be providing us with a replacement server in another data center. So we need to wait a while to see about that, before we can start working on everything up again. Once a server is provided I would be able to get the basics up and running same day and everything fully working in 3 days.

Important note: Do not try to change the email address your forum account uses because this temporary server does not have email sending set up and you won't be able to login to your forum account.

Do not attempt to join the server that shows up on the main server list, some pathetic copy server is abusing an exploit that uses our server name and then redirects you to their main server which happens to have an identical looking login screen, don't be dumb enough to go through their shitty slow 90 MB download to then try and login with your account on there.

TEMPORARY SERVER: mtasa://91.121.96.47

Triple pay activated. What you do there will be used when we get a permanent server.
« Last Edit: 12 03, 2021, 06:30:09 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Bhairy

• The Fifth Pyramid
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Server Downtime
« Reply #1 on: 10 03, 2021, 11:35:34 pm »
I hope you make sure that this other data center won’t be far way from the old one. Just for the ping issue
Proud Ex 5thStreetSaints Leader. The First Gangster group to achieve Level 9.
If you ever need help with anything DON’T hesitate to pm me.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #2 on: 10 03, 2021, 11:42:39 pm »
Will these new posts we make as of today removed or affected once the website servers stabilize?

This database will be moved over so anything you post here will 99% likely be moved over to the new permanent server.

Will these new posts we make as of today be removed or affected once the website servers stabilize?

"In RBX+GRA we have the stock of new servers, pcc, pci ready to be delivered for all the impacted customers. Of course for free. We will add 10K servers in the next 3-4 weeks." - https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/status/1369665936379281409

RBX and GRA are are very close to each other and is where the old server used to be hosted, it's probably like a 5ms difference.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Suix86

• Berzerk
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #3 on: 10 03, 2021, 11:50:07 pm »
Does that mean we'll wait 2-3 weeks for the permanent server to be launched? Or they'll move our database soon ?
Always value your time, and set a good price to it. Dont let them waste it for free

Empathy is the virtue of being able to identify with others, to put yourself in their place, and to know what it feels.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:07:49 am »
Does that mean we'll wait 2-3 weeks for the permanent server to be launched? Or they'll move our database soon ?
Administrators will keep you all updated on the progress of the transfer.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:10:07 am »
Found this few update lines on archieve.org but 10 days old :/

That's in-case last updates aren't saved.

Offline Violet

• State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
  • Ingame: Violet
« Reply #6 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:12:04 am »
What about promoted groups/accepted and denied possitions? We have to work on it like nothing happened?

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:15:08 am »
What about promoted groups/accepted and denied possitions? We have to work on it like nothing happened?
If a group promotion occurred in the last 5 days and you see your group is a level lower, you're gonna have to request it again.
Community rank status is also rolled back, so if you have a community rank you're gonna have to request it again.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline IDriver

• ███████████] 99%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: IDriver#BOSS
« Reply #8 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:16:16 am »
Arran we understand you and we understand exactly what happened with SBG2 servers, May God protect us from such misfortune. We hope you will fix everything as same as always, we are happy because the server is back and we lost only 5 days not everything, our story which started for me personaly in 2011-2012. Thank you  <3
My introduction | My YouTube | Facebook | Discord idriverr
TOP50-IDriver $1 | 7,2k Hours IG | SCM | DL3 IG | Crim Level 40 | Ex-Minister of Housing

Offline Greengrocer

• New Community Member
  • ALL AROUND
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: maNav
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #9 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:25:57 am »
It'd be good if you'll make triple progress for jobs
STRIVE FOR GREATNESS

Offline Cytrx

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cytrx
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #10 on: 11 03, 2021, 12:56:28 am »
So basically the server is expected to be perfectly working at 14/3/2021 or before that or after that ?

Offline Itachii

• From " Die for u " to " Heartless "
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Itachii
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #11 on: 11 03, 2021, 01:02:40 am »
I really feel sorry for wasting those five days.  No, in terms of the answer, we are lucky we didn't lose our server because losing 5 days is nothing to the work of wasted years.  Thank you Arran for the arrangement and thanks to all the technicians who are trying and working hard to restore our server and I hope for the return of CIT as soon as possible. <3
@uchiha_ghost
« Last Edit: 11 03, 2021, 01:05:10 am by Itachii »

Offline IDriver

• ███████████] 99%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: IDriver#BOSS
« Reply #12 on: 11 03, 2021, 01:04:07 am »
Server was lagging too much lately . I don't think that's a coincidence

Yes, if Arran he remember that, we complained this few days ago in the forum becuse server have some problem (hosting) right here https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=371724.msg5451190#msg5451190 and see after that it happened this  :(

Show content
« Last Edit: 11 03, 2021, 01:05:46 am by IDriver »
My introduction | My YouTube | Facebook | Discord idriverr
TOP50-IDriver $1 | 7,2k Hours IG | SCM | DL3 IG | Crim Level 40 | Ex-Minister of Housing

Offline Avices

• Group: SonsOfAnarchy
« Reply #13 on: 11 03, 2021, 02:30:53 am »
I have a question that the server will come back in 5 days or 2 more weeks for data storage?
« Last Edit: 11 03, 2021, 02:33:38 am by Avices »
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
Founding Member - WhiteBeard

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #14 on: 11 03, 2021, 02:58:12 am »
On the bright side, according to the news source I read, none was harmed in the fire.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.