Author Topic: Can games help us in our life? if yes, how CIT helped you?  (Read 9452 times)

Offline Killadude

• Outlaws MC Enforcer
  • New Community Member
  • Brohood op and the og guys have democracy
    Years
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: Killadude[OMC]
  • Squad: Invincible
Re: Can games help us in our life? if yes, how CIT helped you?
« Reply #30 on: 30 06, 2020, 05:49:25 pm »
I was good at speaking English since I was little but after I came to CIT everyone was saying "wtf,kser,lmao,ROFL,Xd,gtfo,stfu" I never understood any one of these things. One day I just went to a friend and was like bro are these people speaking English??
He told me they are abbreviations. I was not sure what were they so I did the right thing any 10 year old would do. I went to that friend and ate his head. Later I learnt about all of that. Starting of my CIT life I was a cop or was in LV. When I killed a LV guys he said "gtfo" me being innocent thought that means good job. Everytime I killed a guy I used to say "You tried gtfo"
Later I was told by a guy what is 'gtfo'
He told me gtfo= Get the fuck off. Trust me the next thing I asked was what is fuck? He later asked me how old am I and told me not to play in LV. I said ok and didn't play in LV for a while. Later when I was 11 I heard some of my school seniors saying that word. I asked them what it was and they told me it is a very bad word and you can speak of it only when you are in 6th grade. Basically I learnt the actual meaning when I asked some random guy.
CIT has made me a guy who can understand abbreviations.

Offline Drago.

• Junior Community Member
  • Slow and steady wins the race. So, never hurry.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Drago
  • Squad: NeedForSpeed
« Reply #31 on: 30 06, 2020, 08:33:06 pm »
Well well, there are a lot of things I learned from games, especially from CIT.
For the starters, games taught me English. Writing in forums, talking in game really made my English skills stronger than what I used to have. I was an introvert before, but CIT made me talk to new people and converse with them, which made me open and let me share my opinion. I made new friends, learned about many countries by talking to them. I also learned many cultures of different countries. Last but not the least, I had and am keep having a lot of fun in the server, it just makes me stress free in general.
New Comer of The Institute.
Ex. Lieutenant of Armed Forces.
Indian Guider - 23.06.2020-05.10.2020
Neroz0r#0223|MyAnimeList|Steam|My introduction

Online Atheer

• CIT News Publisher
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #32 on: 01 07, 2020, 02:02:44 am »
Honestly video games helped me a lot in my real life and it made it simple and easy, specially the story mode games and the detailed survival games because it teaches how to survive and use the tools in the right way, we can take Minecraft as a good example for the survival games. Also, there are some games taught me to have a perfect English skills such as CIT, the main source I learnt English from is CIT in my opinion, and of course not only the English skills, we can take the investment skills, trading skills...etc. So yeah games helped me. But the online games such as COD or CS:GO didn't teach me anything except being angry.

Discord ID: Atheer#6139

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
  • Squad: NeedForSpeed
« Reply #33 on: 04 07, 2020, 08:54:20 pm »
actually destroy lives lol
@KaLeD
Every video game may damage your life if you are being addicted from it or playing without any limits. In CIT you should know what should you do when you login in (The goal of opening the game) and if you just want to open the game for no goals, then you should put a limit of the hours you will be online, for example: 1-2 hours.
Left CIT

Offline Raef

• Regular Community Member
    Years
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #34 on: 15 07, 2020, 03:28:58 pm »
Yes, a lot of games helped me in my life and made me pass so many problems.
How did CIT help me? Simply, CIT taught me, as everyone mentioned, how to speak English fluently. Besides, I really had so many good friends and that's all because of it. Also, I learned some words in different languages by talking to some persons from different countries. Furthermore, it helped me to specify the good person on the bad person and how to avoid the games of the bad person( scamming, trolling..) and have fun instead of wasting my time on him and keep cpmlaining. Finally, the important thing that CIT thaught me is how to respect anyone who is older than you or even if he is younger than you ( high ranked people and low ranked people on the server). To conclude, I want to thank everyone who made this server and who tried to make it better.
« Last Edit: 15 07, 2020, 11:19:41 pm by Raef1200 »

Offline FeRoX

• Ti Leader
  • CIT Radio DJ
  • CIT Radio & Ti Leader
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ti|FeRoX
  • Squad: Driftworks
« Reply #35 on: 17 07, 2020, 01:35:09 am »
Online games helped to find really amazing people, Make friends with them and help me a lot other than in-game or in real life, Also online games helped me to improve my English time by time also improve my grammar I believe, Not to mention some of the great people I knew from online games who helped me in everything, Thought me really good and helpful things for Life, So yes I guess that online games really helped me a lot.

Offline PiNo.

YearsYears
« Reply #36 on: 04 08, 2020, 03:20:11 am »
Well, it helped me really. Also on different ways. Respect, English Skills & tasks.
In the beginning of CIT I was just having fun, chilling with friends and that's it. After months I was getting more to the community side, so I was learning English by just typing with players and a few times I joined voicecalls at TS3, I was blushing so hard. Because I was 100% sure they didn't understand me. I was like a Dutch cheese guy who can't speak. Also I have more respect for 'everyone'. In the beginning I was maybe a 'me, me, me' person like I don't care about anyone. But after a while it changed, I got more feeling in my heart for everyone. Helping new players when they can't find or get the answer. It helps me in real life as well, helping some old people to get over the street, etc. Just small things, but it can make your day better. Trust me. And the tasks part helped me very well, becaude I had multiple duties here, I also wanted it at my job in real life. Well, that worked. I have a full job (40+ hrs) as Painter. Very proud of that!
So yeah, games help in our life, if you make good decisions. Otherwise not, maybe.

Offline Amr.

• Silence is the sign of approval.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Amr
  • Squad: TMS
« Reply #37 on: 04 08, 2020, 01:01:38 pm »
English, English, and English. Respect and talking to people from different countries and communities. The way to understand how people and different religions think and act.
As a group leader, responsibility, decisions, quick response, and leading ofc.
- Former SWAT Commander
- Former IG-Supporter
- Honorable Member of SWAT Team
~ Zamalek Fan™

Offline Zaphkiel

• 𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗶𝘀
    YearsYears
  • Group: KLM
« Reply #38 on: 04 08, 2020, 01:07:50 pm »
Minecraft and other survival games (of course that makes sense) does help you. CIT didn't teach me anything new, only the community did.
Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.
Head DE of CIT Instagram • State Official • CIT News Stories Publisher

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #39 on: 04 08, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »
Obviously gaming can help you but only regarding certain aspects, and it depends on what kind of games you play however you're not going to become the next Einstein by playing video games.  You can become better at things like having a quicker reaction time, being better at problem-solving, enhanced memory, the list goes on. Not to mention that communities such as CIT2 build friendships and can contribute to increasing your language skills, which it personally did for me.
Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the gun down  -Malcolm X

Offline Sam.

• Lost
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sam
« Reply #40 on: 05 08, 2020, 03:40:48 pm »
Games were one of the main reasons I learned different languages including english, so it has some benefits in your life, it helps you spend time, learn languages and also programming. Some people reffer to games as "A motivation" because they motivated them to achive some goals like learning, enjoying, etc...

For me CIT helped me in many ways, it gave me the ability to get to know some awesome and legendary people and get the chance of enjoying my time with them, It also halped me when I was in depression because everyday I was waking up and joining the server to enjoy my time with the people that I love. (Much love for you friends  <3).

All I can say about CIT is: Thank you Arran & Brian for creating this awesome place for us, we owe you alot.

MTA Arabic & French Translator/Reviwer

Ex-FightForHonor Leader | Ex-Los Santos Vagos Mano Derecha

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."

Offline Hiso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Freshy/overhaul
« Reply #41 on: 05 08, 2020, 08:09:44 pm »
Taught me to see from other people's perspectives, accept cultural differences and suck less at English.

It is no exaggeration if I say CIT played a CRUCIAL part during my teenage years, I'll always be grateful for this.

Also, It introduced me to someone who I now consider as my brother.
~ Pray for The Dead ~

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #42 on: 06 08, 2020, 09:50:02 am »
but it also wasted endless hours of my life on doing completely nothing, standing in front of a stupid screen half of the day just to fool myself that I have fun at the moment.

Wasting time is subjective. I can say the same thing about reading books, wasting endless hours of your life reading fictional stories doing completely nothing. If you enjoyed the time spent, it's not time wasted. Having kept that in mind, anything in excess is bad, if you spend the whole day gaming then that's not healthy, same thing with being the whole day in the gym.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #43 on: 07 08, 2020, 01:42:51 pm »
Yeah but what helps you more between these 2? That's the case. And which one causes more damage to you anyway?

None if you don't do either in excess.

Btw, if you read the right brooks, and not some 'fictional stories' you can surely get many benefits in your life and they will really help you. It all depends what you choose

What are the benefits of wasting hours reading non-fictional books? Getting to know some history maybe, which is still useless and doesn't gain you anything. And secondly, lets be honest here, most people read fictional books not non-fictional books so it's a bad example. We're talking here about the ones that read several harry potter books or whatever series they read.

Offline BlackBear

• the rain goes RI-RA-RI-RA
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: BlackBear
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #44 on: 16 08, 2020, 02:55:35 am »
anything can be helpful. and for ur second question, it's just like CIT helped me a lot and the only evidence for that is that I'm still here, after all, CIT is a community not like the other games.
MyAnimeList
You cannot think decide alone.
Learning: Arabic, English, Japanese, French and Spanish.
"This community feels already entitled to spam their opinion on everything" said Brain.