Author Topic: [Brian] Being able to play Waste Manager job as co-op  (Read 2636 times)

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[Brian] Being able to play Waste Manager job as co-op
« on: 13 11, 2020, 01:36:59 pm »
Criterias of the suggestion: Increasing entertainment, improve community and socialization.

My suggestion is changing some stuff in waste manager job and turning it into a fun and co-op job. There aren't many civilian jobs in the server that you can work with your friends so maybe if we modify this boring job a little, it could actually be fun as you will be playing with your friends (if you have any). First of all, the borderlines of the trashmaster needs to be edited. I don't have enough knowledge about these stuff but I was told that its doable. The borders of the vehicle from right and left back should be accessible to the players, so that they can jump on those pads and glue, just like in real life.

Show content

So that, for example, 3 players can work together to collect the bags in front of the houses. One will be the driver and other two will be collecting trash bags. This gif shows how you can't jump on those pads right now:

Show content

So this is how I imagine the borderlines of the trashmaster look like (I know the front is not like that but ignore that, focus on the back of the vehicle):

Show content

It should be changed to something like this:

Show content

or even this (if you can accept the logic of players standing in trash):

Show content

So this is how it should look like:

Show content

Conclusion and some points:
>The borderlines of the Trashmaster vehicle should be edited.
>Non-VIP Waste Managers should be able to glue on Trashmaster.
>The trash bags spawning for players should be server-sided.
>The truck capacity must increase by %30.
>The payment should be increased by %20 as there will be some competition.
>You can only put the trash into the vehicle if the vehicle is stationary.
>You should be able to put trash into other players' Trashmaster.

I believe the suggestion is simple and doesn't need walls of text.
Edit: Added the last point.
« Last Edit: 18 11, 2020, 11:47:20 pm by Brian »

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Turning Waste Manager job into a cooperative job
« Reply #1 on: 13 11, 2020, 01:46:08 pm »
Why can't it be optional, if I like to play as a waste manager, why must I play with other 2 players who would slow me down or they won't be available at my playing time?

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
Re: Turning Waste Manager job into a cooperative job
« Reply #2 on: 13 11, 2020, 01:54:00 pm »
Why can't it be optional, if I like to play as a waste manager, why must I play with other 2 players who would slow me down or they won't be available at my playing time?

I didn't say you must play with 2 more players. You can still play it alone.

Offline Pyxtro

• Junior Community Member
  • San Andreas Father
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Pyxtro
  • Squad: AR
Re: Being able to play Waste Manager job as co-op
« Reply #3 on: 13 11, 2020, 02:22:59 pm »
To be honest, I really liked your opinion. In real life, garbage trucks have 3 employees in total. Waste manager job is not as good as before. It can be very boring. If the add-on you mentioned can be integrated into the game, I think it will really have a nice effect in the friend environment. Payments continue in the same way, we can finish the job easily and our level of entertainment increases a little while doing our job. Thanks for your consideration. I fully support it. Positive !  :tick: Good luck.
San Andreas Father !
Everything is on your hands my son, don't screw it up !

Offline MacMan

• Senior Community Member
  • Everyone is perfect in his own way
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #4 on: 13 11, 2020, 05:17:36 pm »
Well, fuckin decent idea, I really liked it. But uhm it's not possible to add something to the trucks back, but we can just attach the players in a position of the truck where it i'd appear like you want, I think it's possible yeah. So no need to change the trashmaster, I can maybe bind a key that when you're close to the truck and you press it you will be attached to the vehicle in the same place you wanted.
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me

Offline Scarface.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Scarface
« Reply #5 on: 13 11, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »
Greetings

I wanna say that Falcon has made a good topic here. Waste Manager is very boring in CIT but in real life, 3-4 people work together as a squad. And if we play it that way with our friends, it would become interesting and this can even bring the Waste Manager job alive too. Positive

Offline Ahmed?

• Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #6 on: 13 11, 2020, 06:00:01 pm »
It is also a good thing all the people who do this job all over the world do the same thing which is called the collective Bilal, and this will be better for all players because teamwork is the basis of everything, but if there are no friends to play with you, you can play alone positive :tick:
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline DraGo

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Tr1pL39
  • Ingame: dragomush252Sek
  • Squad: ŤhěĶìľł3ř
« Reply #7 on: 13 11, 2020, 09:32:59 pm »
Brilliant idea to be honest.Especially after they nerfed this job I noticed that it's being useless since it's boring in the first place.
I believe this will bring entertainment and it will be fun to share and co-operate  a civilian job with your friends.Positive :tick:
اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ وَسَلِّمْ وَبَارِكْ عَلَى سَيِّدُنَا مُحَمَّدٍ ﷺ

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #8 on: 14 11, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »
This remind me with old Fisherman job, you can glue with your friends in boat and work togather, it is removed. I liked your suggestion I believe it can make Waste manger job more relastic and will motivate players to work this job. Especially if groupmates they want to work togathers to clean those streets from garbages this will help them to work togather and increase the entertainment in the job. As currently the job is inactive, rarely you find peoples working it. Positive.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 14 11, 2020, 02:24:57 pm »
I thought Brian already added some co-op component to waste manager?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Emre

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 14 11, 2020, 03:24:37 pm »
The idea is simple, funny, and realistic. Those there factors makes this idea brilliant. We need some new things in civ side since we tried all the jobs and learned all the tricks. My vote is positive because anything that will be able to make people have good fun with their friends in any side or job is a must add. Positive  :tick:

Offline Nepenthe

• The event you don't understand is that I had wings
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: 1337#Nepenthe
  • Squad: Vainglory
« Reply #11 on: 14 11, 2020, 03:32:15 pm »
Look at this idea! I laughed when I tried to imagine 3 players trying to this job while talking in vc with a little rp. This looks so much fun and I really want to work with my lads as co-op. The novels are pretty enough in co-op but this is a new level. My vote is positive :tick:

Offline Zeky

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 14 11, 2020, 03:46:21 pm »
Just need some clarification as I don't think you mentioned it, what if I just get on the job and hop on my friends Trashmaster and then just go AFK, let my friend do all the work while I sit there and farm money. I think you need to elaborate more on this and maybe think of something the players sitting at the back can do in order to prevent people from abusing/farming money while being AFK - maybe adding a timer like AR robbery timer? If you don't move in 20 seconds it'll start beeping and then you'll lose the mission if you don't move, not sure if you've had another idea for this but we definitely need an explanation for this or further elaboration.
Juice WRLD 999

Offline wetto

• New Community Member
  • notEasy
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: c$.mary
  • Ingame: we✞✞o
« Reply #13 on: 14 11, 2020, 04:05:49 pm »
Co-op things is a must need in CIT since there isn't much jobs you can do at the same time helping your friends like fire fighter. As a civ side pmayer I'm very interested in this idea and I don't think this will bring any unfair. My vote is positive :tick:
𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊

Offline FalconHawk

• The Ineffable
« Reply #14 on: 14 11, 2020, 04:23:17 pm »
Just need some clarification as I don't think you mentioned it, what if I just get on the job and hop on my friends Trashmaster and then just go AFK, let my friend do all the work while I sit there and farm money. I think you need to elaborate more on this and maybe think of something the players sitting at the back can do in order to prevent people from abusing/farming money while being AFK - maybe adding a timer like AR robbery timer? If you don't move in 20 seconds it'll start beeping and then you'll lose the mission if you don't move, not sure if you've had another idea for this but we definitely need an explanation for this or further elaboration.

Only the driver (owner of the Trashmaster) will get the payment once they unload their capacity (like how it is now). This is where the communication and co-op also occurs, The owner of the vehicle should divide the payment they got to their friend(s). If you have been AFK and your other 2 friends did all the job, they may not send you some of their profit.

It really doesn't matter if you are AFK or not, as the driver will decide how to split the money they earned, if your friend is a scumbag and did not give you your deserved share, don't work with him again? We have team system (/team) but I did not want to add it to the suggestion to avoid making it more complicated.