Author Topic: Should citizens be allowed to own a firearm?  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Denos

• Retired CIT Staff & Head State Official
  • Senior Community Member
  • Former Head State Official (2016-2020)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: Denos
Re: Should citizens be allowed to own a firearm?
« Reply #45 on: 25 04, 2021, 08:39:41 am »
Why citizens would like to get weapons? Are they don't trust the security of their country?
I believe that firearms are associated with increasing crime and death. As we know US is one of the countries that people able to get those weapons and what we usually heard in news, "Gun shot" Murders in X school". Most of teenagers who committed the crime stole their parents guns to kill in their school. Citizens should not owned guns because there are systems in most of countries around the globe to protect people from any dangers that could affect them and they should trust their countries security systems.

So owning a weapon turns us into a different person who wants to kill people, ok. I hate that argument. Just cause I own a firearm, doesn't change me personally to start shooting people. In most cases of mass shooting, killer doesn't usually get the gun legally anyway, so all these gun control laws just inhibit the law abiding citizens. If you look at US and gun control, cities with highest gun laws have highest murder rate, I wonder why?  :thonk:

Ah yes, the classic "Well there is police, why you need a gun?" Average time for police to get to your house in US is between 5-10 minutes. The threat could easily kill you way before that. With gun, you can defend yourself, and neutralize the threat quickly.

"Rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six"

I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked.

Offline PrimeDrux

• New Community Member
  • ProjectGravity - Support Staff
  • Group: ProjectGravity
  • Ingame: PRIME
« Reply #46 on: 25 04, 2021, 01:54:24 pm »
I think the only citizens that are allowed to own a firearm are the ones who have either served/serving in the military or current police officers. The reason I think these are the only ones who are allowed to own one is that they have been trained to use firearms, and they are trusted by the government. But wearing them should not be allowed unless you have been given permission to do so.

It doesn't matter if you feel "unsafe" or threatened outside, you should NOT wear any firearms unless you have permission and valid reasons to wear any.
"Dream big, stay positive, work hard, and enjoy the journey."

Offline Infernogates

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #47 on: 01 05, 2021, 05:34:55 am »
The license is for legitimate people for hunting, self defense etc. also Some people like to shoot bottles at their backyard as well xd

On the other hand criminals don’t need any license to use firearms

Offline Ths

• AvidaCompany Leader
  • Senior Community Member
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    Years
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Ths
« Reply #48 on: 04 05, 2021, 01:59:57 am »
Why citizens would like to get weapons? Are they don't trust the security of their country?
I believe that firearms are associated with increasing crime and death. As we know US is one of the countries that people able to get those weapons and what we usually heard in news, "Gun shot" Murders in X school". Most of teenagers who committed the crime stole their parents guns to kill in their school. Citizens should not owned guns because there are systems in most of countries around the globe to protect people from any dangers that could affect them and they should trust their countries security systems.
Well To be honest nowadays in my country cops are more brutal than criminals. here's the example of it.
Show content
This picture; the one who holding the guns is cops who already killed 5 unarmed people his daughter triggered to him to kill this mother and child which is the cop are confidently to kill because he has the gun. Now he's still have freedom because the government is on his side lol wtf. Well you can check this topic on google by typing '' Gregorio Family '' and I would like to  recommend people to have their own guns with license and proper using of it. To make this as defense or someone threated you outside in unexpected situation.
« Last Edit: 04 05, 2021, 02:01:34 am by Ths »
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Babushka

• CIT News Publisher
  • Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #49 on: 12 05, 2021, 09:08:02 pm »
I think they should be allowed only under strict restrictions and surveillance. The citizens must undergo proper training and screening before they are granted a license. The screening should also include the mental health and psychology of the person along with his criminal history and background.
I would personally like to own a firearm but I believe in non-violence, but if someone tries to rob me at gunpoint, there will be a gunfight  :P
SAPD Officer
CIT News Headlines Publisher
Car Shaders / CITy Zones Designer
- Added new paintjobs for Patriot, Cybertruck, Buffalo, Sultan RS, Turismo. (Brian + Predator + Babushka)

Offline 9R

• Guard_Ghosts Founder
  • Regular Community Member
  • ProCriminal.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: [GG]9R
« Reply #50 on: 13 05, 2021, 01:22:02 am »
I would personally like to own a firearm but I believe in non-violence, but if someone tries to rob me at gunpoint, there will be a gunfight  😛
It easier said than done. When you are actually in this certain scenario it will be hard for you to classify whether you want to live or to die. For me, everyone doesn't need to have a right on having a firearm since it will be a disaster with a mindset like this. Nobody wants to die, just follow a few steps and don't feel like you're a hero there's always to sort things out with peace.